Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Mr. Freeze

I felt I should make a quick post so I can look back in a year and hopefully be grateful that it's not as cold as it is today.  I think it was 6 degrees below zero and then throw in the wind chill factor and you have a dangerous weather day.  It was very deceiving if you looked out the window however.  The sun was shining and it made it look like any winter day.  Weathermen/women love this kind of stuff. It gives them so much to report about. This morning they kept saying that Cleveland was colder than North Pole, Alaska...than Iceland...etc.  We get the picture.  Mr. Freeze has his hand on the thermometer.   Poor Arnie has been the quickest peeing pup in the North East.  I'm betting the hot cocoa has been consumed in gallons and parents are going a bit crazy because all the schools have closed for the next 2 days.  No mail was delivered either.  I feel bad for folks that had no choice but the brave the elements.  Wait, that would be me! I was lucky today though. Jack is off on Wednesdays so he took me to work this morning and dropped me by the door.  The weather advisory for this cold snap is over by tomorrow afternoon.  I'll be driving myself to work in the early AM but hopefully all will be well when I leave work in the afternoon...that means I hope my car starts and since I'm on call Thursday that I don't have to get up in the middle of the night too!  The weird thing is by Sunday we're suppose to be 50 degrees...Mr. Freeze will not be happy. Stay warm and safe and I think I'll go get some of that hot cocoa!

7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I've been thinking about you up there in Ohio and also about your mother and sister in Chicago where I think it is even colder. This is a brutal cold wave, isn't it? I hope your car starts and that you have no problem getting to and from work. Please be careful on the roads and sidewalks. I will continue to think about you, dear friend YaYa!

joeh said...

I'm usually annoyed by the "Wind C Hill factor" as it is the weatherman's way to make things seem worse than they are, with this cold the WCF is valuable as it relates to dangerous frost bite.

Stay warm, hope the cars all start when you need them.

betty said...

Such cold weather! Lived in it for 8 years in Montana, but never liked it. Nowadays 50s feel cold here. Stay warm if you can!!

betty

acorn hollow said...

We are just starting to get your weather this morning is minus 5 with the wind and by next monday tuesday we are in for the 40's No a big fan of this weather it uses the oil and wood much to fast for me.
stay warm
Cathy

Rick Watson said...

Jilda and I thought about y’all when we saw how cold it was.
It’s chilly here but nothing like there.
Stay warm.

Julia said...

Here it's cold too. -14℃ = 6.8℉. It's a little windy too but I know the cold snap is coming our way. We have lots of snow so it absorbs some of the cold.
Poor little Arnie. He needs some kind or little doggy porta potty to do his business without freezing his appendage.

I hope that your car will start OK. I'm on count down to spring. We have 48 days left to Spring.
Stay warm and safe. Hugs, Julia

Tanza Erlambang said...

frozen cold... beautiful views.
hope, spring comes soon.
have a great day