Thursday, January 17, 2019

Bracing Ourselves For "The Big One"

Last Saturday we had what the weather folks were calling "The biggest snowfall of the season"!  Well, duh!  Since we hadn't had any snow to amount to anything it was an easy win.  Well, just to be a showoff Mother Nature is sending "The Big One" on this Saturday.   I believe ithis storm actually has a name but I don't remember what it is.  Anyway, we're ready for it.  The only kicker is I'm taking call from 7am-7pm on Saturday for a co-worker.  Figures.  Can this old lady make the trek into the hospital if called with 10-15 inches of snow predicted and 35 mile an hour winds?  Oh, and that same old dolly is also driving a mini-van.  Hmmm.  We went to the grocery store tonight since Saturday is our usual day to shop and I'm not taking any chances of not being able to get that done.   So we're set with food,  gassed up the car, plenty of wood for the wood burner when the temps drop to the bitter cold point, and a bag of peanut M&M's for survival.  Bring it on. Tonight we had snow that made it tricky.  Just take a look at how I entered the garage:
Slippery sucker!  Around 9 o'clock we heard some commotion outside.  It was a friend plowing our driveway...so nice!  Jack thought he was sent by my boss to make sure I got there in the morning! Ha! (I wouldn't put it passed her!)
Arnie doesn't mind the snow.  He dives right in and makes dog snow angels!
He really did roll around in the snow and made this...so talented!  Well, we will see if this "Big One" really happens.  I hope it's a good weekend where ever you are!  (And if you're on a beach getting a tan somewhere I really don't want to hear about it...not that I'm jealous or anything!)

7 comments:

joeh said...

Hope you don't get called in, I'm guessing you are experienced at driving in the snow, but a blizzard in a minivan is not something I'd want to try.

Julia said...

Eh, I'm not on a beach, promise girl. I'm really not on a beach. We are bracing for about 20 inches of that stuff that starts with S*** on Sunday. I'm pulling the covers over my head and I'm staying in bed until it's safe to come out, hahaha.

I hope that you'll get o work safely. How nice to have your boss sending someone to clean your driveway. You are so worth it and needed. You're my hero.

Take care and please be safe.
Hugs, Julia

betty said...

Another blog I followed who is also in the Ohio area said the storm was called Harper which I think is such a pretty name. Seems like you are prepared with supplies for it. Let's hope you don't get called in! Our dog liked the snow (hated the rain, LOL) but enjoyed frolicking in the snow. Go figure.

Stay safe and warm!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Don't worry, dear friend. I am not going to rub it in by telling you that I am on a beach getting a tan. I prefer to get mine while lounging by the swimming pool, sipping fruity drinks with those cute little umbrellas, and being fanned by a cabana boy. :) It's a hardship, however, because I keep forgetting to turn over every thirty minutes. :)

I have been reading news reports about the monster storm headed your way. It says it will dump as much as 40 inches of the white stuff in parts of New England. Northern Pennsylvania will also be hit hard. It's a shame you are on call for a 12 hour stretch tomorrow. You and Jack were smart to stock up on supplies before the storm strikes.

I wonder if you could sell Arnie's snow sketches on eBay (before they melt). He's quite an artist, and your big girl camera captured a great closeup of him.

If you are called to the hospital tomorrow be careful on the roads and sidewalks. I'll be thinking of you. I hope your weekend is a good one and a safe one, even if it is a very white one. Take care, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

Oh we are in for the big one but ours is 2 feet! and winds! But coming in Sat night to Sunday
I hope you don't get called in for your safety.
I am off to work today then I am tucking in
Cathy

Gin said...

Hope no one has to have surgery on your call and you can stay in snug in your pjs eating m&m’s and watching Arnie frolic in the snow. Can’t wait to see the report and pictures on your storm day.

Gin said...

Thank you. It’s an app on the iPhone, I’m
Not familiar with it but enjoyed playing with it. You choose the object you want to be in the picture and then the person acts out like run and scream and we can see it On the phone screen then you snap the picture. It was hilarious. Build you a snowman with all that pretty snow!