Sunday, January 20, 2019

Did You Doubt?

We have lived through the big storm...Harper...and I'm sure there was no doubt that we wouldn't.  On Saturday it started snowing around 9:30am and has continued through today. Church even cancelled.  I was suppose to give a talk in church today so I wasn't real sad about that! All total we got 14in. of the white stuff.  The air is pretty cold and if the winds keep up,  the drifting will make it a crazy ride to work tomorrow.  But it's winter in Ohio and I doubt this will be the end of storms.  Here are some pics from the weekend.
We made a quick run to Goodwill on Saturday to drop off some clothes before the snow got too heavy.  However, my real goal was Hawkin's Bakery next door for some fresh apple fritters for breakfast.  Throw in bacon and herb tea (for me) it was delish!  We didn't venture out again.  I was on call from 7a-7p on Saturday and was lucky to not have to brave the mess.  I cleaned house and took Arnie out many times.  He loves the snow!
So refreshing!
Sunday Jack made a path so Arnie could do his business..hey, when you have to go you can't be picky!
Jack is in the picture..can you find him?
Here is our bird bath Saturday morning.
Can you find it today? Looks like a giant mushroom!
The front steps are there somewhere. If you're coming for a visit go through the garage!
Final item for the weekend...my blog book arrived! All my posts from 2018 are here in print. It makes a good journal of sorts. I enjoy looking back and seeing what the weather was like or what adventures we had.   No doubt about it...it was a blog worthy weekend!

7 comments:

joeh said...

Glad you didn't get called in, that would have been dicey. We got zip snow, just slop followed by very cold temps. I like the snow, if I have not where I have to go.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

Well, 14 inches is better than 14 feet, correct? :) I predict that winter is over. It's time for you to set up the backyard pool. :) You took some awesome pictures of the snow accumulation at The Pines, and now I am more homesick than ever. I used to love a good snowfall like the one you got. No school tomorrow! :) How lucky you were to be able to stay home all day yesterday even though you were on call a full 12 hours. What a break! The pictures you snapped of Arnie enjoying the white stuff (and turning it yellow) are priceless, and I enjoyed the picture puzzle "find Jack." Once again, the pictures you took are gorgeous and take me back to happy winter days of my youth. If the wind picks up and the snow drifts, you will need to use extra caution on the way in to work tomorrow. Watch your footing on those slick steps and sidewalks, too.

I am so happy you received your 2018 blog book. Those volumes are priceless keepsakes that can be handed down from generation to generation and treasured by your family.

Have a safe and happy week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

We just got a couple of more inches than you and yes we are going into the deep freeze.sta
my daughter snow blows a path for their dog too.
Breakfast looks great.
stay warm
Cathy

Gin said...

Love your pictures. Arnie should be freezing!!!
Yes I see Jack in the blizzard. Jack and the snow plow did a pretty job, so nice and straight. Glad you weathered Harper the storm. I’m sure you will have another before the winter ends.

betty said...

Funny, I was just on another blog from someone who lived in Ohio and she was telling about how much snow they got. I mentioned when we lived in Montana we had to clear out an area in the back yard for our corgi to take care of his business. He too loved the snow (over the rain, hated that).

14 inches is a lot of snow! Seemed like you "weathered" it well. Glad you didn't get called into work, but like the trooper that you are, you would have made it in one way or the other.

I did find Jack!

Since it is January, you got a few more storms in your forecast I am sure. Never liked January snow storms, but liked the first one of the year and the ones in March because you knew spring was just around the corner!

betty

Julia said...

That breakfast looks good. Great photos of the snow. I haven't been out yet to take photos. I think we got more snow than you but I'm not sure how much. My husband is out there plowing.
I'm glad it's over but winter is still here to stay.
Your book looks great. I need to print my posts but first I need to figure how to get my color printer working on this computer.

Stay safe and warm.
Hugs, Julia

CHERI said...

I can't imagine even 2 inches of snow, let alone 14!!!!! I would love a few inches....for a few minutes...then I'd be ready for a warm fire and for the snow to disappear. We southern folks have thin blood:) Can you give me info on how you had your blog turned into a book?? Where??? How much??? etc. What a great way to keep memories!