Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Entering February Holding Our Breath!

 I always say that February is the shortest month with the worst weather. After coming through a  very mild December and then a frigid, snowy January I was hoping to slide into February quietly and maybe a bit warmer.  I got my wish as Mother Nature handed us a balmy, sunny, almost 50de. day to enjoy.  Also to get ourselves prepared for a bit of a snowstorm named "Landon".  That Mother Nature is such a crabby appleton at times.  She's holding her cards close to her chest and letting us and Al Roker guess what's really going to hit the East coast and us here in Ohio.  So prepare we did. The wood stove is humming and wood is sitting waiting for it's turn to burn. Food is stocked and water too.  I bought a new book and magazine to read on Thursday if all is shut down.  I'm sure I'll be outside clearing the paths for Annabelle to do her business.  Jack cancelled his office also.  Annabelle is suppose to have her first Vet visit on Thursday but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.  So holding our breath and hoping the groundhog comes up tomorrow with a good report for Spring.  Somehow I imagine Spring will arrive as it always does with a few surprises of it's own.  Oh well, Happy February everyone. To celebrate the warm day today I did grill outside..

Mmmm...the steaks were really good! Throw in some fluffy baked potatoes and Jack's favorite veggie...Lima Beans (not my fav for sure!) and call it dinner!  I will bake some bread tomorrow and probably some cookies to get us threw these crazy days!  So for now we'll hold our breath and hope for the best! Night all!

9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy February! The steaks look delicious! Have a great week. :-)

Julia said...

Happy February. I had forgotten about Groundhog Day tomorrow. I hope he has good news for us. Spring is inching its way but winter is not ready to leave just yet.

The steaks look yummy. You're making me hungry. Fresh bread from the oven sound so good to me.

Hopefully, the storm won't be as bad as predicted.
Take care, stay well and safe.
Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ooooo, do those steaks look ahhhmazing!! It's been so long since I've had one. Well, I hope you are spared the brunt of the storm. Maybe I should check our forecast...last I heard we weren't in for anything (falling from the skies that is) until Friday. For us, I think March is actually our snowiest of months. We've had some doozies in March. Bet your house will smell awesome though...what is it about snowstorms and baking/cooking??? Be safe!! Fingers crossed there's no power loss. ~Robin~

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi,YaYa!

This winter is shaping up to be like the ones I remember you having the first few years of our friendship. As I remember it, in the early and mid 2010s, you were constantly under the gun and digging out from heavy snows. I hope this time Mama Nature throws you the kind of curve ball you like, with the system dealing your region a glancing blow instead of a direct hit. If you do get hit hard, you and Jack and Annabelle are clearly ready and prepared to hunker down. This will give your neighbor a chance to plow your drive as he told you he would. I only hope you didn't reschedule for Thursday your luncheon at The Pines with those friends of yours. :) If I were you, I'd pencil in those appointments until around June and make sure the pencil has a good eraser on the other end. It's great fun to have a cookout in winter, and you made two of my favorite side dishes. I love baked potatoes and lima beans, and when you mentioned your homemade bread just now I snapped and tried to claw my way through the screen to get to The Pines and try some. Mrs. Shady made some delicious apple bread the other day, two large loaves, and they're going fast.

Let's hope the whistle pig has good news for you northerners tamale. Six more weeks of winter would be great news for Floridians. Six more MONTHS of winter would be even better! Thanks for the update. Stay safe and warm up there and I hope to see you again soon, dear friend YaYa!

Kathy said...

The weather in January and February is always so unpredictable. I hope this next storm heading our way is the last. Your steaks look delicious.

acorn hollow said...

It is a very cloudy today so who knows if the ground hog will see his shadow. We are in for the same storm except this time we are supposed to get more than the last storm Sat. Ours is coming in Thur night into Friday. sounds like you are all set and not to worried
cathy

jack69 said...

We are hoping Feb is a mild month here. Glad you could grill some steaks they certainly look Great! We have warmer weather here in Florida, it looks like things here may be returning to normal.
Take care and stay warm in Feb. (there were some smiles and GROANS I bet with Jack closing the office!) ;-)
Sherry & jack smiling in Florida

Prims By The Water said...

Yeah Phil saw his shadow today. Oh well. We are enjoying a warm fire too today. Bob closed both stores and it was actually nice staying home alone today. Not sure how much of the snow we will get, but it is coming down pretty heavy, but I think you will get more. Your steak looked yummy and I dont like Lima Beans either. Janice

CHERI said...

I read about snowy weather or see it on the news and I just can't wrap my head around it. It looks like it would be so much fun but I'm sure it's not. Living in the deep south means no snow for us...maybe a few flurries and once in ten blue moons maybe enough to cover the ground...and then we all go nut crazy!!! Glad you are prepared for whatever comes. With so many empty shelves I almost feel like I should be stocking up as much as possible too...guess that would be hoarding though. It's really kinda scary to me that shelves are so slack. But I will have faith that God will provide:)