Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Deck The Halls

 I can't believe that my last post was Thanksgiving weekend and now it's already December 5th.  I thought I'd have a ton of things to write about after the past weekend.  I had many activities planned.  A sale at an event called "Christmas in the Barn".  It was going to involve parking in one spot and taking a horse drawn wagon ride to the barn.  Well, the weather wasn't ideal and we had some errands to run as usual on Saturday.  Jack said he'd go with me so we did take a ride to the event but when we got there we decided to keep on driving!  No we didn't end up someplace fabulous. Except maybe home!  Along with a stop at Home Depot.  The next activity I didn't go to was the annual Christmas parade.  You know I've blogged about it in the past about our little town parade.  Let me tell you this...it's no longer a "little" small town parade. There were thousands of people there.  It was televised to I stayed home and watched it.  I was awed at how elaborate the floats were.   I texted my sister and sent her a photo I took off the TV.

I don't know if you can tell how crazy crowed it was from this TV shot.  The parade went almost 2hrs followed by the lighting of the town Christmas Tree and then fireworks.
We are turning into a Hallmark town!  HGTV named a near by town...Medina...as a small town to visit for Christmas but I'm telling you we have them beat.  The next day, Sunday, the Mayor had a ribbon cutting on a new event.  It's called Candy Cane Trail.  It's a paved walk around Freer Field that goes into the woods and around for about a mile.  It's lit up with a million lights.  There was Santa and Mrs. Claus and horse drawn carriage rides and free refreshments.  I plan on taking that walk later this week with Annabelle and I'll show some pics of it then.  From what I've seen so far it's super cute. They said the electric bill to run the lights will be  $56,000. Kind of like my electric bill this month!  Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, I didn't go there either.  But no worries.  We did decorate our tree and I finished the rest of the house.  Shopping is getting done and tomorrow I'll be decorating the Church for our annual Christmas social.  Tonight Jack and I went to an open house for the Historical Society's 3 houses that are all done up for the season.  I volunteered to help get it ready this year so we were invited to this before the public open house on Sunday.  It looked very lovely and all the trees were beautiful.  I will show those pics and the tree I helped decorate along with my friends, Bonnie and Sandy on my next blog post.  For now I'll just show my own home.
The dining room with the new rug I purchased for the Christmas season and for Winter time.  Very warm and cozy.
This old hutch was from my in-law's farm.  It really belongs to my son Phil but he doesn't have room for it in his house so it's lived here since we moved to the Pines.
The buffet on the other side of the dining room.  I have a couple of Nativities there.  I have many Santa's but also many Nativities that represent the real reason for this season.
The covering on this table was made by my Mom. I've had it for about 35yrs.  I sure miss her and I think of her every time I see it.
Let's get jolly!  Hmmm...looks like Annabelle left a bone for someone to enjoy while sitting on the chair!!
In the foyer you can see the rug in there matches the one in the dining room only smaller.  I found the table covering at a resale shop.  I collect vintage linens. 
After giving away my corner armoire', I had to rethink where the tree would go.  No brainer, back in that corner.
Kitchen fireplace.  Maybe a fire this week. Baby its cold outside!
Ribbons on the kitchen cabinets...too much?  Nah!
Even Annabelle is in the Christmas mood!  She likes her little sweater and looks very sweet.  I hope everyone is enjoying this busy time of  year and can take some time for a cup of cocoa or what ever warms you up and watch a Christmas movie or listen to some seasonal music.  On Dasher for more Christmas!

5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya! I love your Christmas house! Everything looks so festive and homey. I am not a crowd person, I would have watched the parade on TV too. I hope you have a great week. See you again soon!

acorn hollow said...

Your house.looks so lovely warm and cozy.
I was asked to go to Kennebunk maine like I do most years. They had a live stream on the tree lighting. I was in complete shock at the amount of people there. And patted myself on the back for staying home.
Cathy

jack69 said...

Love your decoration's even Annebelle LOL In NC we have special lighted towns. Here in Florida the town decorations are something to behold, no wagon rides but some great lighting. I love how some places just have that touch of CHRISTMAS and spread the feeling.
Pictures are sure showing ?Christmas at your house in the Pines....

Julia said...

Your house looks very festive and warm with all the lights.
Like most old people, I don't like crowds and the difficulty of finding a good parking spot so I stay home. I even avoid the malls at this time of year if I can. I'm content to just stay put. Of course, I love attending all the little parties our groups are putting on.

$56,000. just to pay for the electricity for the Christmas lights while some people are having difficulty making ends meet during the winter months just sounds wasteful. At that price, the city could install solar panels to run the lights. It was just a thought that ran through my pea-sized brain. lol...

Keep the spirit of Christmas alive.
Hugs, Julia

Terra said...

Your home looks ready for Christmas and very festive. I like how your town makes so many holiday decorations and activities. That is money well spent to bring joy to people and especially to children.