Monday, November 27, 2023

A Time To Be Thankful

 We had a really nice Thanksgiving with family.  There were 14 of us that gathered around the tables! With that crowd one table isn't enough. Which I'm very thankful for!

The dining room table was pretty full.
So was the kitchen table.  The island was loaded with the usual suspects...turkey, dressing, and all other manner of goodness!   
We even set up some extra seating in the living room in case we had any extra folks come along. The rug under the table is a new one that we had to roll out upside down to get it to be flat.  I'll be showing it after I get it put in the dining room.  It's a bright one that will look great for Christmas and the winter season in that room.   Before dinner started I had anyone that wanted to get some pics for their Christmas cards go outside to the area I set up for that purpose.
My son Jack and my daughter-in-law, Evelyn.  Jack celebrated his 48th birthday on Saturday.  I can't believe he's that old!  (I'm not! Ha!)
Jack with my grandsons, Anthony (in red) and Cameron.  Love those boys!
Of course they had to be comedians! I laughed when I saw this! 
My granddaughter, Summer, and her pup Happy.  Her sister Driana wasn't able to come because she was working.  She's a nurse and as I know from my own experience, no holidays in the medical field. 
Evelyn's daughter Megan, and her hubby Landon, grabbed Annabelle for a photo shoot! 
After dinner some of us walked off calories to go meet our neighbor's new member of the alpaca family.  This is Espresso Bean! Or Beano as they call her! 
Welcome to the neighborhood Beano! I love the markings on her head and her white sox. It's the first one they have with markings.
Beano's Momma kept a close watch.  All the kids got to feed the alpaca and their horse, Temp.  Soon we headed back home and the gang started the pumpkin shoot.  Annabelle was not thrilled with the noise but she stayed in the house and curled up on the recliner with Summer and Happy.  They all took a quick nap.  Soon it was time for everyone to hit the road.  Take home boxes were packed with goodies and we closed the records on another family Thanksgiving.  It was fun to see everyone and be with the grandkiddos too.  They are all so busy with work, school, or both and we don't always get the chance to just sit and talk and laugh.  I mentioned that my son Jack had a birthday on Saturday.  He and Evelyn came over around noon and Jackie and my hubby watched the Ohio State game while Evelyn and I went shopping on small business day.  We  had fun going to all the cute shops here in Ashland and I got a few gifts for family and it was great to see so many folks out and about downtown.  We grabbed a smoothie and headed back to the car a few hours later.  I  happened to look  up and saw this:
I was surprised to see a hot air balloon.  In fact, there were 2 of them flying over.  It was chilly on Saturday but that must not be a problem for flying.  That sums up my weekend and I'm glad I'm off tomorrow so I can decorate for Christmas. Night all!


8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

It sounds like your usual Thanksgiving. You always have lovely family gatherings
I do wonder where the time goes my daughter turned 40 and I don't feel much older than the day she was born.
I love shopping in the small shops too nice picture of the balloon.
Happy decorating
Cathy

Julia said...

Another beautiful family gathering for Thanksgiving. I would like to live nearby to taste your yummy food. I was hoping that you'd take photos of the food, I know you're a great cook. I'm glad the weather cooperated for your pumpkin shoot.
Happy Belated Birthday to your son Jack.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations.
Take care and enjoy your time to decorate.

Hugs, Julia

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm happy to be here for this recap of your family's Thanksgiving celebration, dear friend. I hope you offered the hungry Yeti a seat in that annex. :) In this wonderful assortment of pictures snapped at the party, I see many familiar faces, but some are on rapidly growing bodies, namely Anthony and Cam's. They were wee bitty lads when I started following you. I am very impressed with the quality of the Christmas card pictures. Well done! Happy birthday to son Jack. You should contact Ripley's Believe It Or Nuts, because I never heard of a son who is older than his mother. :)

I am always delighted to see pictures of the animals in the family, and enjoyed laying eyes on Summer's pup Happy for the first time. Thanks for mentioning grandkiddo Driana, hard at work that day nursing people back to health. I admire her dedication. That's a super picture of my sweetie-pie Annabelle with Megan and Landon.

I've been joking about buying that property next to you where they keep alpacas. I truly wish I had, so that I could give constant lubbins to baby Beano. Thanks so much for getting such great images of the newborn.

Thanks again for sharing highlights of your family's T-giving. I can't wait to see your Christmas decorations. Mrs. Shady and I had a large artificial tree delivered yesterday and will be decorating it in the days ahead. We bought two new rugs for the house and needed to reverse them, as you did, to get them to lie flat. Have a wonderful week and December until I see you again right before Christmas. Blessings to you, dear friend YaYa!

Kay G. said...

Isn't THanksgiving the BEST?!! Your lovely family is always a joy to see. Now, here comes Christmas! xx

Liz Hinds said...

Beano is so sweet! What a great idea to set up a photo booth type thing. And how wonderful it is to have a big family around your table. Love it.

joeh said...

It wasn't until I graduated to the Adult table that I realized the kids table had the most fun!

jack69 said...

What a great report and love the pictures. Youjust cannot have too many Jacks either. LOL Loved the animal pics, but the family ones ware great.

Love from here, and just KNOW you guys had a great Thanksgiving for sure.

Sherry & jack smiling in the cool, leaving in the morning for Florida.

Prims By The Water said...

Fun and family always a good holiday. Am afraid of heights so no hot air balloons for me, but I do enjoy looking at them. Janice