Friday, June 18, 2021

Moving On

 This week has been an emotional one.  We traveled to Kentucky for my brother's funeral and met with family and friends to say a final goodbye.  We cried, laughed, shared stories and food as is usually the case at times like this.  The funeral service was very moving and a wonderful tribute to a great guy.  His daughter's eulogy brought everyone to tears and even some laughter as she shared her love for her Dad. The Marine Military honors were so touching.  I can't even put into words how special it was.  So now we move on as a family as everyone goes back to their home and their lives with our memories and special moments spent this week.  Jack and I are slowly getting our yard back into order and I'm finally able to be of a help.  I still can't lift heavy objects and I do get tired more often than I'm used to.  But it's getting better day by day.  I can drive and even mow the yard!  So I'll end this with some pics and a wish that everyone gives their family members a hug or an "I love you"  while you can.  It's a shame we need reminding to do that and I hope it's something you all do naturally.

Our front walk is starting to bloom out and Jack and I planted a new tree to replace the one that died.

Back deck coming together.  I still have patriotic decor for this spot and will be finishing it up this weekend.  My little herb garden is coming on nicely.
My owls used to be out front but I moved them to help brighten up the ugly heat pump! Jack calls them my "baked potatoes"...well, they do kind of look like potatoes I guess.
My spinning balloon wind catcher is in honor of Ashland's Balloon Fest coming up at the end of the month..like next weekend! Hopefully the weather will cooperate so the big balloons can fly.  Everyone is looking forward to this festival as it was cancelled last year like so many events were. 
I was happy to be able to get out and mow.  My boys have been doing it and weren't really happy I did it but my Doctor gave the OK as long as it was a smooth ride and I wore my collar.  Well, smooth ride might be stretching it a bit but I went very slowly over any bumps and all is good.  Have a good weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there! 


10 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

As always, it's great to see you back and resuming your blogging journey. Thanks for summing up the funeral service in Kentucky for your dear brother Greg, complete with his daughter's eloquent, heartfelt eulogy and military honors. Greg has left this world, but his spirit lives on in you and others who loved him. He will always be remembered and admired.

Your property is bursting with color! The pictures you posted look like they were ripped from the pages of Better Homes & Gardens. I like how you positioned the owls so that attention is drawn to them rather than to the heat pump. It's good to know you are out and about doing lawn chores and even mowing. I'm sure you will play it smart and not be afraid to ask your boys for help when the need arises.

I sure hope the weatherman cooperates so that you and other members of the community can attend this year's Balloon Fest. As I surely told you in years past, we live a mile from an airport. Every year during the annual air show, hot air balloons drift directly over our house. As soon as Mrs. Shady ad I hear the "whoosh" sound alerting us that the balloons are approaching, we run outside and wave to the people sailing in them.

Your lawn is spacious and lovely. It looks like the 18th fairway at Augusta National. :) Happy Father's Day to Jack and to all the dads in your wonderful family. Take care, stay safe, continue to feel better and have a peaceful and restful weekend, dear friend YaYa!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow - you have a beautiful yard and garden. Great deck too. So inviting! So glad to hear that you are on the mend and feeling better day by day. Have a lovely weekend!

Julia said...

Saying goodbyes are always painful but with a loving family, it makes it a bit easier.
Being there for support is so helpful. Such a bittersweet moment for the whole family.

I'm glad that you're well enough to even drive and mow the lawn. I wish you continued healing so that you'll be able to do what you used to do. I think you retired just at the right time.

Thinking of you and your lovely family.
Hugs & prayers.
Julia

acorn hollow said...

Oh how hard it is to say a final good-by. I am so sorry for your loss. As you know we got we got together with family and friends last week it was good for the soul. you never know what the good Lord has in his plans so take each moment you can.
Cathy

jack69 said...

The funeral sounds like our family. I don't think the deceased would have it any other way. A time to remember life and those things of the past. We enjoyed the photos.
Thinking of you guys,
Sherry & jack (Happy Father's day to Jack)

Prims By The Water said...

So very hard to say goodbye...especially to a family member. Yes we need to talk, hug and see family more often than most do. We take for granted at times and it seems at funerals and weddings is only when we get together. Your outdoor area is looking good! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

You've been in my heart and prayers... I am glad you had safe travels and brought home some new memories to treasure albeit bittersweet ones. Your plantings and lawn look absolutely wonderful! So green and lush. It's good to know you have help when you need it. I have spent the better part of two days just trying to replace a broken hose out back. I am NOT mechanically inclined...and even when I know what needs doing, I have so little strength in my hands that I feel helpless.... So, I gave up and started hauling buckets of water. Enjoy your weekend! ~Robin~

joeh said...

Those Military Funerals are touching. Fitting honor for honorable service.

R's Rue said...

I’m so sorry 😢

Unknown said...

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

Services rendered include:

* Refinancing Loans
* Car Loan
* Truck Loans
* COVID-19 Financing Loan
* Home Loan
* Mortgage Loan
* Debt Consolidation Loan
* Farm Loan
* Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Students Loan and so many others.

For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic