Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Another Farewell

 Sitting down to write this post I keep thinking of what words I could pen that would say all that is in my heart tonight. Last night I received a call about my older brother, Greg. He was taken by squad to the hospital near his home in Louisville. After phone calls back and forth and hours of waiting I received the call nobody wants at midnight.  He passed away.  It has sent shock waves through our family and we struggle with trying to come to terms with yet another tragedy.  Another gathering.  Another funeral.  If you looked up the word success in the dictionary you should see Greg's photo there. That is if success is a kind person.  If success is a generous man. If success is a loving husband, father, grandfather.  If success is a wonderful brother who did all he could to be there for the family. If anyone needed help he was there.  If success was being a hero that would be him.  A brave marine who fought in Vietnam.  If success was running a company he built up himself and then made sure to employ any family member who needed a job and wanted a trade, he would fit that definition.  Greg loved life. He hosted many of our family Christmas parties and summer cookouts.  All were welcome in his home.  A smile, a laugh, a hug.  I have so many memories of a big brother looking out for me.  Letting me drive his car when I was 12! (secretly of course!) Giving me advice. Going off to war when I was 14 and thankfully coming home. He proved you don't always need a college education to be smart. He had class and grace and I know I sound like he was perfect.  We all know nobody is but in our family he was lovingly called St. Gregory.  So I'm betting he is with Mom and Dad and my nephew Jono.  What a party we're all missing. We will be here to honor his life and gather as siblings to say a final goodbye on Monday.  A time to reflect on a life well lived but gone too soon.  A brother we will all miss and another empty chair at the table.  RIP Greg...we all love you.



11 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Kathleen, what words can I pen that would say all that is in my heart? With the passing of your big brother Greg, you and your family have suffered yet another terrible loss. I share your sorrow, dear friend. Thank you for letting us know what Greg meant to you and other members of the family beginning way back when you were little. Like your father, Greg was a great man who served his country with honor as a member of the armed forces. He was a man of courage, character, class and grace, always there when needed to help and guide. Please take some small comfort knowing that Greg is reunited now with your mom and dad and other departed loved ones. Gone too soon but never to be forgotten, Greg will be honored and his life celebrated whenever the family gathers to share food and good times, observe holidays and mark the milestones of its young.

My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family, dear friend YaYa. Once again please remember that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

acorn hollow said...

How incredibly sad for you and his family. I take it this was sudden and very unexpected. You have had your trials these past couple of years and I am so very sorry.
sending thoughts and prayers
cathy

Julia said...

Oh Yaya, I am so very sorry about the sudden passing of your dear brother Greg. He sounds like the perfect brother. So much has happened to you and your family in the space of one year that it takes my breath away.

I'm so glad that you have such a warm and loving family that will see you through this during this sad time.

May your mom receive him with a big welcome in heaven and may he rest in peace.
My sincere condolences to you and all the family.
Hugs and prayers.
Julia

jack69 said...

What a wonderful tribute to Greg! Yes that is all success!
SWEET
Sherry & jack thinking of the family here.

Jan said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am so very sorry to read this Kathy and for your incredible loss. You must just be reeling from all the tragedies and misfortunes you've endured just since our paths have crossed. There is no way to lessen your sorrow, but know I would if I could and you and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you comfort, peace and consolation in the days ahead. ~Robin~ (....beautiful tribute to your brother...your love and respect for him shines through.)

Prims By The Water said...

So sad to hear about the sudden passing of your brother. My thoughts and prayers to you yet again to you and your family. A wonderful post about him and his memory will live on. Janice

Kay G. said...

I am so sorry of the sudden loss of your brother. Of course, you have written a wonderful post about him here. Hugs to you, my friend. xx

Gin said...

I'm so sorry.

Gin said...

I'm so sorry.

Unknown said...

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

Services rendered include:

* Refinancing Loans
* Car Loan
* Truck Loans
* COVID-19 Financing Loan
* Home Loan
* Mortgage Loan
* Debt Consolidation Loan
* Farm Loan
* Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Students Loan and so many others.

For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic