Sunday, June 6, 2021

Hello...Glad To Be Back

 It's time to hit the blogging trail after a short break. The month of May blew by in a blur.  I was very nervous about my surgery and certainly concerned about the outcome as well as being down during a busy time of year as far as the outdoor work goes.  There were gardens starting to come to life and of course that means weeds.  The lawn that needs mowed sometimes twice a week. Planting the veggies and on and on.  I came home as expected 2 days after surgery.  I'm pretty good at handling pain but this sort of threw me for a loop.   Because the incision was posterior they had to go through the muscles in the back. Yep, I think I felt...and still do at times...every fiber they stretched!  PIC ALERT!!!  Scroll on by if you don't want to see my scar.  This is my journal so it's going in for history sake!

The bandage on the right side was covering the area where I had a drain. Thankfully all healed well. I had my 3 week post op visit and I don't have to wear the collar unless I feel like I need it or when in the car.  All else is coming along and will just take time to completely heal.

This section of my couch has become my best friend.  It reclines on both ends and I slept in the recliner until this past week when I was finally comfortable laying down.  Heat and ice were and still are good buddies also.  I guess having a broken wrist at the same time hasn't exactly helped but by and by it's getting better.  I wasn't able to be up for more than 5-10min. at a time and now I'm back to a few of my activities...even driving.  
I wouldn't stand next to me in a thunderstorm if I were you. Jack kids that he could scrap me out at the metal recycle place!  So at times if you think I have a screw loose..well, you could be right!  In the mean time, Spring sprung and the flowers bloomed.  My sweet Granddaughter, Summer, and her boyfriend, Spencer,  came and did some weeding and then planted annuals, containers, and my flower boxes for me. My awesome boys came and have taken care of mowing the yard.  Jack planted all the veggies and has taken great care of me as well as working and doing household chores and cooking.  Since I can reclaim some of those chores we're back to some kind of normal.  
My peonies bloomed on time for Memorial Day.  We had peonies in our yard growing up and Mom enjoyed them and I always think of her when they bloom. I can't believe it's been one year since she passed away.  Her birthday was May 17th and she would have been 95. What a party we would have loved to have had for her. I sure hope she's having a party in heaven with Dad and all her family. I picked a nice bouquet in her honor.

These are for you Mom!  Even though family has been a big help with the yard we decided to hire out someone to do the bigger weeding jobs.  Our good friends drive the Amish when needed and said they are always looking for jobs for the kids to do.  So Friday 3 Amish kiddos came and worked for about 3 hours weeding.  They were so cute and fun to talk to. I prepared lunch for them and then drove them home. We had some good discussions about the differences of the the Amish and English. 

They did a pretty good job and I know who to call if needed again. So this was my life in May. I'm hoping each week is better and soon I'll be back in full summer mode.  Our sweet Granddaughter, Driana gets married on Friday! Good times ahead and I'm sure more photos abound.  At least they won't be pics of surgery scars! Thanks for the well wishes and prayers. I've felt them and I'm happy to be back in blog land. 


10 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thank goodness you're back and on the mend, dear friend! All of us on the other side of the screen have been rooting for you. Everybody who sees this post will know what you were up against and will be ecstatic that you are progressing in your recovery. Yessum, that scar tells the tale of your ordeal, not to mention the broken wrist that went along with it. You were blessed to have the help of Summer, Spencer, your sons and those Amish youngsters during your convalescence.

It was a tough month of May for you, and it has been a tough year. Last year was even tougher. I am thinking about your dear mother who left this world and her wonderful family one year ago. After so many hard times, I wish you nothing but good times ahead, Kathy. Summertime is nigh. The countryside is coming alive with natural beauty. Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming and the weather is warming. I'm sure you will love getting outdoors and tinkering in the garden and taking Arnie for walks to see his buddy the Yeti in the Creepy Woods.

Congratulations to Dri and her special guy as they prepare to wed this coming week!

Take it slow and easy as you continue along the road to recovery. Have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

Oh my... That is quite a monumental metal structure in your neck. I'm sure you'll turn some heads at the airport security areas from now on. Your bionic neck is one of a kind. I'm so glad that you are healing well and are able to drive already and that your family was there to help. I wish we had Amish nearby. I would hire them in an instant to do my yard work. My shoulder is paining me badly, making every chore more difficult.

It's hard to believe that it's already one year since your mom has passed. She is gone but never forgotten...

Congratulations to your granddaughter Dri and her fiance. I wish them some fantastic weather for the wedding. I'm sure the celebration will be a remarkable one.

Continue healing and let the younger ones do what you used to do. They had a good teacher so I'm sure they will do just fine.
Hugs, Julia

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello. So glad you are back. Prayers that your healing continues. Congratulations on your granddaughter's wedding. Hope to see you again soon.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Welcome back!! Well, so much for the merry month of May, eh? But glad to hear you're on the mend. I don't envy you that back muscle cutting pain.... When I had surgery to re-excise the melanoma on my back, they cut through some muscle and nerves and there are times to this day that I can still feel it. Hope yours passes more quickly than mine. You truly are blessed by a wonderful and caring family. Since Buddy's aneurism/stroke, I have no one here to help and my back issues severely limits what I can do. It gets very discouraging. Best wishes to the newlyweds-to-be...I wish them a long life of happiness ahead...and I hope you mend well enough and quickly enough to enjoy the celebration. ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

So glad you are healing well. You were surely missed and so glad to have you back! Although seeing your scar gave me the heeby jeebies. Congrats in order to the future newlyweds. I know it will be a fun wedding. So glad everyone was able to help you out. Janice

acorn hollow said...

so glad you are on the mend but that is one long scar! those kids are so cute and good for them to be working weeding. Best wishes to your grand daughter
Cathy

jack69 said...

WOW!!! Good to see you back but not the incision results ON YOUR BACK, that is for danged sure. It sounds like you are handling it but I sure would not want to be in your shoes.
Prayers and positive thoughts for the recovery!
Sherry & jack

joeh said...

hat is some heavy duty surgery. Hope it continues to heal well and it is completely successful. I had a c6 laminectomy 35 years ago. They went thur the front of my neck and there is no real scar. It is holding up very well all these years.

Gin said...

Glad you are back !! Those stitches are bad, makes you look tough.

Unknown said...

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

Services rendered include:

* Refinancing Loans
* Car Loan
* Truck Loans
* COVID-19 Financing Loan
* Home Loan
* Mortgage Loan
* Debt Consolidation Loan
* Farm Loan
* Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Students Loan and so many others.

For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic