Tuesday, June 29, 2021

What The Heck Blogger?

 I went to make some changes to my blog background and header and viola'...everything is screwed up and I can't make my blog look like it  used to. I hate blogger when they make changes and make it so difficult to get back to normal. Maybe I'll figure it out or maybe I'll find another way to blog.  Whatever. For today I'll just do a post and see what happens.  The truth is not much has happened at all...thankfully.  Ashland had it's annual Balloon Fest over the weekend and the weather was only good for one flyover but the rain did stay away at times so the festival on Freer Field could go on with lots of food trucks, games, and activities for families and kiddos.  We stayed away but I was glad for a successful event for the city.  After having to cancel last year tons of folks just want to go back to normal stuff.  In our little corner of the world  the gardens are growing and we're getting the Pines back into it's usual Summer mode.

Blueberries are getting ripe. We won't have tons this year but a few for a tastey snack is good.

Next to the peas I planted only one zucchini plant and it's getting ginourmous!  
The tomatoes have grown even bigger than this pic that I snapped last week.  I look forward to those delish fresh tomatoes right out of the garden...nothing better!
Our peppers are being guarded by Miss Scarecrow.  I'm not sure she really keeps the critters out but she is cute!

Beans are finally making an appearance. We had to replant and now they are sprouting next to the carrots.  That's about all for produce that will eventually be canned. I know it's easier to go to the store or the farmer's market and get fruits and veggies but there's something satisfying about doing it yourself. At least for now.  One day I'll probably give it up..except perhaps for the tomatoes?  Time will tell!
I did take the time to make some raspberry jam.   Actually it's a combo of raspberry and strawberry. I was shy one cup of raspberries for the recipe and I happened to have just enough strawberries to crush and add to the mixture.  It turned out pretty yummy! 
I brought out the icecream maker and whipped up a batch of chocolate.  So good. Some Hershey's syrup, and maybe some of that jam...double yum.  That's about all from the Pines. I hope everyone has a good July 4th. We're heading see my Sister and family and spend the weekend celebrating with them. I do hope the weather cooperates.  I took a quick pic of  the sky over Ashland this afternoon on my way home from Jack's office:
I'll call this "Angry Skies".  We had rain and some thunder but that's it.  It's been hot and humid the past few days and this kind of weather can happen at any time. Let's hope it's not happening for the 4th. Cooler temps are moving in and that makes me happy! 
Night all!


10 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Hey, I don't know what changes you intended to make to your page, but the way it looks right now is mighty pleasing to Shady's eyes. Don't fret over it too much. Like you and many others, I am upset that Blogger elected to switch to a new interface a while back. I recently discovered that most of my old posts were jolted out of alignment and needed tweaking to get them looking presentable again. I just finished "fixing" 190 old posts, a lot of extra work!

I'm happy to learn that the Ashland Balloon Fest was held as scheduled even if the weather was not ideal. Looks like your crops are really coming along, promising a high yield. You are so right about fresh picked tomatoes from the garden. Some of my fondest memories of early childhood are of sitting on the back porch of our house in the country with a ripe, juicy red tomato from our garden in one hand and a salt shaker in the other. Pure bliss! Down here, the extreme heat is hampering the fruits and vegetables in our garden, but Mrs. Shady has already picked a peck of produce and canned much of it. I'll bet your raspberry - strawberry jam is yummy and your homemade ice cream double yummy.

I wish you safe travels over to your sister's and back, and a peaceful, relaxing, uneventful holiday weekend. I hope you find Midge in good health and in good spirits. That last picture in your post is a keeper - a great view of your lovely property from the comfortable outdoor furniture on the deck. Enjoy the rest of your week and take good care of yourself until we connect again, dear friend YaYa!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello,
I love your garden! The jam looks delicious. Sounds like things have smoothed out a bit for you and I am glad to hear it. I hope you summer continues to go well. See you again soon.

Kathy said...

There is nothing better than tomatoes fresh from the garden. You are doing so well with all of your veggies. Mine aren't doing so well. We are just having such strange weather. Take care and have fun with your sister.

acorn hollow said...

While I don't can much I do make batches of sauce from our tomatoes and freeze it. There is something good for the soul to bring out a batch of pasta you made the sauce for in a blizzard lol. We planted a few zucchinis I hope they do well and some herbs that is about it.
We have been hot to hot for me I am a fall girl I love fall weather. But I guess I am always complaining.
We have rain in the forecast for the 4th which I am sad about but we need the rain.
I like the looks of your blog
happy 4th
Cathy

Julia said...

I know what you mean about Blogger changing things, that's why I haven't changed anything in my header. I'm not getting any smarter as I age. Your blog looks just fine for the 4th of July. June is on the way out and is pissing with all its might right now. No need to water the garden today.

Your little gardens are looking good. Somehow I never planted the yellow squash (zucchini) seeds I wanted to try but I'll borrow some green zucchini from my son's garden.

Have a safe and fun trip to see your family. I wish you some good weather.

Hugs, Julia

jack69 said...

Yep, this Blogger can be a bit confusing, especially to me. But love your gardening and the pictures. WE are not much at growing but I love to see someone who can. I think we will get some tomatoes this year, but that is our limit.
Good read
Sherry & jack out on the first coast

Prims By The Water said...

Your veggies are looking good! We have had storms each day since Friday and it is hot and humid. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

This has been such a very strange year weather wise. We have had torrential rains each day for the past week and more in the forecast. My sump pump can't keep up... Yes, that can happen in spring when it thaws all the snow and rains at the same time, but this time of year it is generally unheard of. Today there was only a 13% chance of rain and we have gotten 1.5" already. At least it is not as much (yet!) as the past several days. Yikes! Wonder if there's a YouTube video on ark building?? Your plantings look like they are thriving. The jam sound like a great combo...but pass me the blueberries please! Oh wait...no!!! ICE CREAM!!!!!! THAT looks AMAZING!! I have never, ever, made ice cream. Do you have a particular maker you like? Happy Independence Day! Hoping to get to the lake for the first time in 4 months... Much will depend on my ability to transport Snowdog comfortably. ~Robin~

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Hi ,
I am sorry to hear about your brother. Also I am sorry for not being in touch .

Helping my hubby through his memory loss issues and getting old my self is taking more time than I had ever imagined.
Please take care of yourself. My family and me are thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

Services rendered include:

* Refinancing Loans
* Car Loan
* Truck Loans
* COVID-19 Financing Loan
* Home Loan
* Mortgage Loan
* Debt Consolidation Loan
* Farm Loan
* Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Students Loan and so many others.

For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic