I'm sure today many are remembering the events of September 11th, 2001. I know I'll watch memorials on TV and the internet. The stories of lives lost, lives changed forever, heroes made. Sadness for such a senseless act. Yet at that moment in history our country was united in a way we haven't seen since. Certainly not seeing it today in our political craziness. Can we again take a moment to remember and maybe do something good or kind or just take a moment for quiet reflection and even for prayer? Yes, prayer was a big part of that day. Some prayers were answered, some were sent up with no intent for an answer but maybe for a hope for the future. There's a generation now that wasn't born then but have the visuals and words to let them know all about it. Jack and I describe it like it was for our parents who lived through the Pearl Harbor attack and WWII. We weren't born then but sure know about it today. 25 years ago I wasn't a blogger. But the time frame has been burned into my brain like a super blog post. September 8th, 2001, had us moving into our home here at Whispering Pines. We were 48 yrs old with just one of our boys still at home. Jordan was a junior in high school. That Tuesday morning of 9/ll was the most beautiful day. The temps had been really hot over the weekend we moved in, but that Tuesday was a lovely, cool, crystal clear blue sky morning. I was sitting in my kitchen with a friend and got a phone call about what was happening in New York. We did have a TV hooked up in our family room and my friend and I watched in horror as all of this unfolded. After the shock of seeing the planes and sadness for the people in them and the buildings, my second thoughts were about the first responders. I watched them run to the scene, jump on the firetrucks, be in the police cruisers, and I knew they would put their lives in danger for the ones that were hurt or needed them. I also knew the outcome for them would not be good. A lot has happened in these past 25yrs. We've grown older, maybe just a bit wiser, but I'm still amazed at how fast this time has gone. I started blogging in 2008. So my photos today are just a glimpse at how things have changed in our lives: They are kind of wonky since I just clicked the pics from my computer screen!
This little squirt, Addy Rae, will graduate in May.Cameron in now a freshman at Kent State University.Lexi works at the hospital as a PCA.





No comments:
Post a Comment