Sunday, November 5, 2023

Quiet, It's November

 Be quiet..be very quiet.  If you've followed my blog for any length of time you know I always call November my quiet month.  It's the time before all the hubbub of December with it's shopping, parties, decorating, and food prep.  Plus lots more if you have kiddos.  Concerts, school things, etc. Through out my life there have been times when it wasn't the quiet and calm month.  I blogged about those times last year. This year I'm hoping for some time to gather my thoughts and remember my blessings.  I've even been writing down some things I've been thankful for each day and hope to complete 30 days of thankfulness and look back and remember that even simple things can make a day full of thanks.  But with the sweet we must take the bitter and a good friend of mine is going through a very tough time right now. Her hubby was put in hospice care on Saturday and she's really trying to keep it all together and just be with him through these last days. Jack and I have spent time with her and her hubby and many others have been there with support and prayers.  So I know this won't be the month of holiday thoughts and prep for her and we will be there for her in any way we can.  She's a woman of great faith and I know she will get through this.   So I'm going to just post a few pics of the simple things I accomplished in the first days of my quiet month. 

Raking up the few leaves we get since most of our trees are pines.  The big oak in the back yard does give us something to rake though.
Ahhh, the smell of burning leaves.  A fall staple if you're allowed to burn leaves.  Since we live in the country we can do this and it brings back childhood memories where everyone was allowed to do this.
Don't you know there's always some slackers that just want to soak up some fleeting sun? I guess Annabelle knew we would be soon turning our clocks back and she wanted to sun bathe as much as possible.  She's just no help at all! But we love her anyway!  I hope everyone's November is filled with lots of thankful moments.  Night all!


7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

This is my third and last day on active blogging status before going back off the grid for most of the month. I wanted to stop in and wish you and your family what you are hoping for - a quiet, peaceful November filled with reflection and thanksgiving. I certainly do recall that there have been some Novembers in your life that have been anything but quiet and peaceful. Like your dear friend currently holding a bedside vigil for her husband in hospice, you possess the faith and strength to get through painful ordeals, even when they crop up at the worst time, during the holiday season when we should all be filled with joy. I am keeping your friend in my prayers.

For the first time in 40 years, I didn't need to look at pictures in books or on blogs such as yours to see deciduous trees bearing colorful autumn leaves. I saw them up-close all around me this fall, and it was a glorious experience. As is the case in your vicinity, the show is now coming to an end in my neck of the woods. The brilliantly colored leaves are fading and falling. Thanks for posting that excellent picture of my sweetie-pie Annabelle basking in the sun and sniffing the breeze on a chilly day, something my Toto absolutely loved to do. Surely, Annabelle is proud as a peacock to have been immortalized this week on the pages of Shady's Place, romantically linked to boy bowwow Falcor in Las Vegas. Now if we can only find a mate for the lonesome Yeti in Creepy Woods. :)

Have a wonderful week and month until I see you again right after Thanksgiving. Blessings to you and your family, dear friend YaYa!

jack69 said...

Thinking of your friend, yes turning someone over to Hospice is tough. AND yes November is a great month to be THANKFUL.....

The leaf burning takes me back to my childhood when piles of leaves meant FUN to jump in and play, then everyone used to burn in our town, but NO MORE!

Anyway take care.. Nice to be Thankful...
Sherry & jack smiling in a cool Florida...

Julia said...

I'm so sorry for your best friend and her husband. having to put a loved one in hospice is such a heartbreak. On Saturday, we lost one of our dedicated parishioners, after a series of strokes. However, we were able to have her join a group of us at a local restaurant. Little did we know that she only had about a week left.

Take care and enjoy November.
Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy November Kathy...I hope your wishes for quiet and peace are fulfilled and your time for reflection is abundant. I've seen so much Christmas decorating already and I am just weary. It's just too early for me and the rush disconcerts me. I'm sorry to hear of your friend's struggles. I hope her faith and friends surround her with support. I know she will be lucky to have a friend like you at her side. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

Happy quiet November. I am so sorry your friend has to go through this end of life time with her husband.
I have so much to be thankful for and I have tried writing it down and I fall down at that task. But I do think of my day and how thankful I am before my head hits the pillow at night.
Cathy

Kay G. said...

Ah, you know since you have mostly pines and not that many leaves, perhaps you would like to come here and rake up all our oak leaves, maple leaves and sweet gum leaves? We have a lot that you are welcome to enjoy! And a very nice quiet November to you, my friend!

Prims By The Water said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers go out to his wife. Am so lucky we live in an area too where we can have fires. Hope you have a quiet November. Mine will be busy decorating and stitching in between. On the weather front we had freezing rain, snow and rain today so not very quiet there. Janice