Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Take A Deep Breath

 Jack and I have been doing some choga..chair yoga...again after a little hiatus.  We also do a relaxing breathing exercise afterwards.  It's suppose to be good for your body and mind.  So as tomorrow is the big turkey day for some I say take a deep cleansing breath and enjoy time with family or friends or maybe just a quiet day at home.  Loosen up those yoga pants for some good eats.  We're hosting about 15 tomorrow. Sometimes we have extras and that's just fine.  I made all my sides on Sunday and pies were done yesterday.  Today I did the turkey that will get carved up tomorrow and put in the roaster.  It frees up my oven so I can reheat all those sides!  I have a few other goodies coming from my Granddaughter, Summer and my Daughter-in-Law, Evelyn.  I ran to the store today for a few items I forgot and it wasn't as crazy as it was Tuesday when I was there to get some things I forgot...I hate when I forget stuff! But all's good now and after dinner I'm planning on some good old pumpkin shooting and with the weather cooperating we should have good outdoor time to burn up those calories!  I made a little spot for anyone that would like to take a photo for their Christmas cards.  So here's a few pics of some of my decor that will come down on Friday.  I'll have more to post about after tomorrow and Saturday.  Saturday is my oldest son's birthday and he's coming over to watch the Ohio State game with his Dad while Evelyn and I go shopping for small business Saturday.  Busy weekend and soon to be busy December...whew, this year has flown.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Kitchen fireplace has the season on a plaque.  I'm sad to see Fall end.

Many grateful hearts will be gathering here tomorrow and for that I'm super grateful!
This turkey dude I've  had for a long time and the little Pilgrim guy was found last week at a barn sale.
These teeny, tiny Pilgrims and turkey are at least 25yrs old.  They sit on my shelf every Thanksgiving.
The stove has had a workout these past days and I enjoy my little doo-dads on the shelf above.
The dining room is ready and we'll have another table set up across the hall in the kitchen and another in the living room.  I like to be prepared so nobody feels like we weren't expecting them. 
Jack got me flowers last week from the Lion's club sale.  They are so beautiful and still look fresh! I love fresh flowers.
We put our Christmas lights on the bushes and front porch last week when it was nice and warm.  We found about 4 bird's nests.  This one is super tiny.  It looks bigger than it is.  So sweet. We just leave them alone.  It reminds me Spring will be back one day! 
Last but not least we set up a little photo shoot spot.  We took down the Fall wreath, moved the pumpkins for the shoot out, and with all our pine trees I was able to make some greenery happen.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow and a good weekend ahead.  I tried to keep up with writing my thankful list this month.  I did pretty good with it and I need to write how blessed and thankful I am for my family, friends, and all my blog buddies!  Have a nice holiday everyone!


5 comments:

Lux G. said...

I've not heard of the choga until today. I should definitely try that. Hope you have a fun holiday!

Julia said...

Good way to get with chair Yoga. I've heard of it but never tried it.

Hope all goes well for the big feast. It snowed heavily all day yesterday and we lost power, and it's still not on but thank goodness, we have our Generac generator that kicked in. There were many accidents on the road. Every year, some inexperienced drivers or those who still have summer tires on are caught unprepared.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family.
Stay safe and well.
Hugs, Julia

jack69 said...

We have no doubt that with your family you guys had a great Thanksgiving. We do really like the site for photos. NICE!
Be Blessed
Love from North Carolina..
Sherry & jack with a clear day for Giving Thanks...

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! I hope that you have a great weekend, and enjoy the upcoming Christmas season. See you again soon!

Prims By The Water said...

Beautiful flowers. Jack was very thoughtful. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Janice