Saturday, November 11, 2023

Thank You Veterans

 I try to do a shout out to our Veterans each year on Veteran's Day.   I'm grateful to all who have served or who are serving our country today.  I'm very proud of those who have served that are part of my family.  My Dad who fought in WWII.  He was in the Army and drove a tank.  A very dangerous job.  I'm proud of my brothers, Phil and Greg, who served in Vietnam. Phil in the Army, Greg in the Marines.  Greg passed away in 2021 and we sure miss him.  I don't have any photos of my brothers while they were in the service but I've shared pics of my Dad during his time in WWII.  My sister sent me a couple of new photos of Dad that I had never seen so I'm posting those today.  


Dad on the left.
Again, Dad on the left.
Thanks to all our Veterans.  I hope if you know someone who served in any capacity of the armed forces that you gave them a big thanks.  I'm happy to see that our little town did many things to let our hometown heroes know of our appreciation. There were community breakfasts, lunches, school lectures, free meals in restaurants and I'm sure other things that I don't know about.  Thank you and God bless America!


8 comments:

jack69 said...

Wonderful family. I like to hear of families who have a heart to support this great country. Yes we can take pride in our veterans who served, so we can be FREE!
Good read. THANKS
Sherry & jack

Julia said...

Thank you for sharing your newfound photos of your father in his uniform. We also celebrated in Canada and our church also had a ceremony to recognize our veterans and laid wreaths in their honor. The bugle and the bagpipes also were played and the Anthem was sung by all. A very moving ceremony.

Thank you to all our veterans, those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, and those who came back, and all those who serve to keep our nations free.

Have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Lovely post. I enjoyed the new photos of your dad. His smile certain brightens each and every one and is hard to mistake. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful post I am so thankful for those that served
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Amen to everything your wrote. I echo your thanks to all who serve - past present and future. So glad you got some good photos of your day. I hope you have a good week!

Mark edision said...

Wonderful post, BookMyEssay offers excellent Solidworks assignment help assistance, ensuring accuracy in design and analysis tasks. Our expert writers provide students with comprehensive assistance, ensuring that they excel in SolidWorks projects. With us, you can achieve academic success.

Prims By The Water said...

Yes God Bless America and God Bless our Veteran's... more than ever now. Janice

Assignment helper said...

Writing assignment is a really tough job and you need help with your assignment sometime, then contact Global assignment expert. They have all types of assignment services and they deliver assignment worldwide. Global assignment help writes assignment plagiarism free and delivers it to you on time. An assignment expert tries to write assignment in the best way, so you can easily understand that assignment with ease. Either you need Research Paper Help, computer science help, and many more, we have solution for all this. For more detail, do visit our website and connect with us.