Wednesday, December 13, 2023

December Magic

 I was going to call this post December Madness but that sounded a bit "Grinchy".  I promised to show some pics of the decorating I helped do at our Historical Society homes.  The homes turned out great and I think there was a good turnout on Sunday for the open house.

This was the area we decorated at the Freer house.  Our theme was the Nutcracker Ballet. I don't know how many votes we got for our tree but I thought it turned out lovely.  Jack and I were able to go to the open house for the volunteers and other special invites a few days before it was open to the public.
This was one of the trees at the Manor house.  I helped decorate the dining room there.  I can't believe I didn't take any pics there!
I'll throw in a pic of my handsome hubby instead!  This was at the Manor house...I'm not big on pink carpet!  Next we had our annual Church Christmas social and yes I got roped into decorating there too!
It was a lovely evening with good food and a nice program with music and a tribute to our Savior's birth.  

This isn't a great shot but all the tables had Nativity sets on them with greenery and lights and the lights around the room gave a nice ambience. I'm glad my own decorating was done because I was a bit over the decorating by Saturday!  Sunday my son and daughter-in-law came over with little Hazel and we went to the Candy Cane Trail to see the lights.

The entrance to the trail was decked out in lights and a hay bale made into a snowman.

Hazel was snuggled in as it was a cold night!
The trail was a pretty walk.
Trees lighted the way and music played all through the woods.
Mr. and Mrs. Claus were there.
I was overjoyed to see a beautiful Nativity also.
Seeing the Gingerbread family along with the cookie recipe made me want to go home and bake!
This was a super dark photo but you can see how long the trail was and I really enjoyed taking the half mile hike with Jackie and Evelyn and little Hazel.  She loved the lights!  Friday will have Jack and I heading out to Chicago to spend our annual Christmas party with my sister and family.  The weather is warmish here and there and I hope that means driving will be good with no bad weather.  This month is speeding by.  My shopping goodies arrive daily at the Pines thanks to Fed Ex and UPS.  I really need to leave them some cookies or something!  Enjoy the rest of the week and the last weekend before the big day!  Night all!

7 comments:

joeh said...

The time effort and money it takes to decorate overboard is just crazy. I would never do it, but for those that do, thank you very much!!

acorn hollow said...

You are very festive this year! Handsome picture of your husband .
I love the tree you decorated nutcracker always a favorite.
Have safe travels and enjoy your family.
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

What festive fun you had this past week. I love the decorations at the historic home. Your ward Christmas activity looks great! Our ward Christmas breakfast is this Saturday and hubby and I are on the ward activity committee, so I will be over at the chapel decorating on Friday night. I hope you have a great weekend. See you again soon!

Julia said...

Wow, that lighted trail must be a wonderful experience. I'm still not decorated for Christmas except for a few fancy Christmas stockings hanging on door the linen closet door knobs.

My brother-in-law passed away so we are busy saying our goodbyes.

Enjoy the festive season.
Hugs, Julia

jack69 said...

Good stuff, you are pretty good with that camera! Nice pics and good work. Mr. Jack looks Cool!
Be good and stay warm.

Prims By The Water said...

Hazel is a little cutie! How fun to walk and see Christmas lights. The tree looked amazing too. Good on you for decorating it to perfection. Janice

Mobile app development company said...

Amazing article. Thanks for sharing with us. I would like to share the information about the Android app development company Pune. Appconsultio is a professional organization specializing in the creation, design, and development of mobile applications for various platforms, such as iOS, Android, and Web. From concept and design to coding and testing, appconsultio guides clients through the entire app development lifecycle, ensuring that the final product meets the client's requirements and expectations.