Friday, December 29, 2023

Do You Hear What I Hear?

The day after Christmas had a deafening silence descend on the land.  No rushing around, no crowded stores, not many folks walking downtown and none in the cemetery when I walked Annabelle. I know,  most folks in the cemetery are just laying around but many do walk the paths like me.  I went to Wal-mart and it was kind of spooky! Spookier than the cemetery on a dark rainy day.  The Christmas music was gone from the stores and the radio.  It was quiet at home too and I even took an afternoon nap.  So as this year comes to it's close I thought I'd do a couple of posts since this year is the smallest posting I've done since starting this blog.  I have my saying for the new year and I'll put it into writing on my final post. That blog post will be on 123123...Dec 12, 31, 23.  A special date?  A lucky date? A buy a lottery ticket date?  Oh well, it's a fun thing to notice anyway.  Those who were sick on Christmas are slowly recovering.  My sister Midge is sick also and hopefully will be better soon.   I haven't worked since December 19th and I guess I'll be back at it by January 3rd.  Maybe then I'll know what day it is! These holiday weeks get us a bit discombobulated...my word for messed up, or turned around.  So no pics in this post just the question...Do you hear what I hear?  Shhhhh..post holiday quiet.  Until 123123.

6 comments:

joeh said...

Quiet is good! Happy New Year, and a merry 123123!

Julia said...

I love the quiet, post-Christmas. It is a relaxing time. No snow on the ground this year and so far a mild winter. The days are getting longer a tiny bit day by day.
The new year gives us a chance to get it right and to reflect on the past year.

It has been good to follow your blog.
HAPPY NEW YEAR dear Yaya. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery to Midge and to all those who are sick in your family.

Hugs, Julia

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya! Yes, the after Christmas quiet can be nice. I hope that you and yours have a wonderful, healthy and happy 2024. See you then!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hope you're enjoying it. Here, it was quiet before and during as well, so there is little difference in my days. I did not connect the 123123... Fun! ~Robin~

jack69 said...

Discombobulated??? Love it very good entry and hope Midge is better soon.
Love from Florida but still a little too cool!

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you enjoyed your vacation as much as I did mine. Happy New Year my friend. We had some snow this morning but turned to rain this afternoon. Its been a weird Decemeber. Janice