Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Best Month Of The Year!

 If you've followed my blog for more than 5 minutes you know I LOVE October!  We've started out pretty warm for this first week of  my month but that's OK.   Summer really did go by fast so having a final week of heat isn't too bad.  Especially since at night it cools down to the 50's and we open all the windows then close them up in the morning.  The house stays very comfortable and so does the electric bill without the AC on!  We have some Halloween and harvest gatherings planned for this month and I'm going to try to not let working get in the way.  They, the hospital, asked if I would like to work full-time for 2 weeks coming up soon.  Are they kidding? Heck no! I'll do a few days here and there but I'm not interested in ruining my favorite month!  So here's a few pics, of course, of my decor so far.  The outside will get done in the coming days

One part of the living room with the bookshelves repainted the green and white.
The kitchen fireplace with some of my Lori Mitchell trick or treaters on the mantel.

The buffet in the dining room.  In a few weeks it will also have some spooky goodies on it!
In the kitchen corner by the back door I have a new skeleton with some cool shades!
Yes, it's the most wonderful time of year as my sign says in the dining room.
I found this sign in a shop in Frankenmuth, Mi.  It's metal and I have it on the door of the fridge.  So that's all for now.  Annabelle and I went for a walk this evening in the quiet of the cemetery.  The air was cool after this hot day and trees are finally starting to turn.
It gets dark much earlier now and this photo shows the trees after the sun has set.  So it's not as vibrant as in the daylight.  I'm starting to collect pumpkins and mums for some outside decor I'm planning.  I started on Saturday at the farmer's market and hopefully will finish my outdoor projects soon.  More pics to come of all that.  Night all and enjoy this spirited time of year!



7 comments:

Kay G. said...

"I'll get you, my pretty". I love that sign! You know I can sound just like her, right? LOL!!

"And I'll get your little dog too!"

Happy October!!

Prims By The Water said...

Loving your Halloween decor. Of course I knew you would have the witches in there! We have been keeping the windows open at night too and then closing them in the day time. Rain moving in tomorrow. Did you eat in Frankenmuth> We love the Bavarian INN, but other love Zehnder's. Two brothers opened separate restaurants across the street from one another. Without the Zehnder family there would be no Frankenmuth I believe. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

...and if you read my blog for 5 minutes, you'd know that October is also my most favorite month of the year as well. There are only thing wrong with it: it doesn't come soon enough and it doesn't last long enough LOL. Well, maybe 3...the third being what comes after it. Your indoor is looking wicked, wicked, good. I've dragged a few things out, but just a fraction of the total. Can't wait to see your outdoors! Our leaves have mostly peaked...with all the rain last week, and the winds that followed, all that's left are the very late turners. We had unusually hot weather the last 3 days but it cooled down today...and going, going, down the rest of the week and weekend. ~Robin~ (Love the new look with the bookshelves in the living room...and yay you for saying no to the f/t work offer.)

Julia said...

Wow! You definitely have gone all in for Halloween decorating this year and you're not done yet. It looks great. I haven't decorated for Halloween in a long time since we no longer get kids Trick or Treating in our area. I used to decorate the house and the front porch.

I hope that your family will appreciate all your efforts. Have fun at your family gathering.
Hugs,
Julia



jack69 said...

Ahhhh some great shots. Like the sign from Frankenmuth, ;-) Yes this is a beautiful month, by getting to Florida too early the past two years we miss a lot of Falls beauty..The best to your and Bro Jack..
Sherry & jack

acorn hollow said...

You are looking very spooky my pretty!! I love the orange chair too
Fun time ahead!
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya, Your home looks so fun and festive, and yes, a little spooky! Enjoy October. It is one of my favorite months as well. BTW, is your granddaughter back at BYU-Idaho yet? I hope you have a good week and enjoy the month!