Wednesday, October 25, 2023

lost AND FOUND!!!

 Yesterday when I told Midge I had lost my memory card as well as my mind, she suggested I pray to St. Anthony (like Janice also suggested from "Prims by the Water" blog).  Not my religion but hey, praying is always a good idea.  She also suggested tying a knot in the corner of a handkerchief and throwing it over my shoulder.  I kid you not.  Ever hear of that one? Of course I had to ask which shoulder.  I guess it doesn't matter.  So first I threw out the prayer to St. Anthony then I threw the hanky over not just one but both shoulders. I'm an over achiever. Then I continued to look everywhere again and still no luck. I went to work today and when I came home Jack held up the missing memory card!  Where was it?  He found it in the dryer.  He does the laundry on Wednesday and there it was all fresh and clean and fluffy.  Not really fluffy but you get the picture.  I had gone through the laundry hamper at least 4 times and shook every piece of clothing out. Well, I guess St. Anthony must have been laughing at me throwing the hanky over the shoulder and decided to throw the card in wash!  I don't want to waste the magic of the lost and found so here's just a few pics from that crazy card:

More of the gang all snugged around tables in the garage.
My sweet Granddaughter Summer with my son (her Dad) holding onto her pup, Happy.
Did I mention we had the classic donut game?  Here's my niece Katie.  She's a police officer in Chicago and I know she can take a bite out of crime but she also can take a nice bite out of a donut...wait, is that a cop thing?  Sorry Katie, I couldn't resist!
And the winner was....my niece Amy!  Good job!
The kids enjoyed the Pinata.  It was shaped like a tombstone and filled to brim with goodies and everyone had a good whack at it! 
I know I showed a pic of the bucket game but this is a better shot. Jordan in the black sweatshirt against his cousin Bill.  They actually followed the rule and didn't use their hands! 
Unlike these witches who cheated just a tiny bit! Midge won by the way. I let her win so she wouldn't cry...the big baby! 


We then headed into the dining room for some Happy Birthday singing to the birthday sisters.
Here's the not so famous coffin cake! Dark chocolate with salted caramel filling.  Tasted pretty good even if it didn't look too pretty!
We had to throw in some witch's fingers and ghost faces.  A few of my blog buddies have asked about the ghost sandwiches.  I didn't get a pic of them but what I do every year is take white bread and cut out ghost shapes with a cookie cutter.  I put holes for eyes and spread nutella and jelly on them and make them into sandwiches.  Simple but the kids like them and they magically disappear like ghosts in the night!  So that wraps up the Family Halloween Gathering for another year.  Tonight Jack and I went to our Church's Trunk or Treat.
We were ready with our magic broom that the kids really loved and tons of candy.  I love Jack's costume.  As the world's best Chiropractor, he really does have your back!  Boo! Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I am so glad you found it!! Such pure gold of a family gathering happy Halloween
Cathy

jack69 said...

OK, not nice about police officer Katie. LOL Bur Glad Brother Jack found the Card. I must remember the prayer and the knotted handkerchief, I am a loser of lots of thing's lately!!!
Good pics and nice visit Thanks...
Sherry & jack in Florida

Julia said...

I'm glad that Jack found your card but you're lucky the heat of the dryer didn't damage it.
I'm not superstitious but I believe in the prayer of St Anthony as it has served me well on many, many occasions.

I've prayed to St Anthony to help me find my wedding ring but so far, I haven't found it. I got a feeling that it may have ended up in one of my compost bins when I was making pickles last year. I had lost a lot of weight and it slipped off my finger unnoticed. lol. If it's in one of the bins, St Anthony will not dig it out for me, lol... I'll have to do that myself.

I love the bucket game and the donut on a string as opposed to the apple on a string.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yay on finding the card...and double yay that it was damaged on its journey through the laundry. Amazing! It looks every bit as fun as you had described it and the food looks and sounds wonderful. And to think, you still have a few days to enjoy this magical time of year. Love Jack's shirt!!! How perfectly fitting. ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

OMG your card was in the dryer too. So weird, but glad you found it! What wonderful memories you always create. Janice

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm here to wish you a happy Halloween and let you know that I will soon be returning to the blog community following an absence of nearly five months. I missed you and my sweetie-pie Annabelle.

I know this is your favorite time of year, and I didn't want to miss seeing the highlights of your annual family H-ween party at The Pines. I am sorry that dreary weather brought the bash indoors this year, but seems like a great time was nevertheless had by all. It's wonderful to see all those familiar faces again, especially you and Midge, both looking fit as fiddles. I wish I had been there to sample your "finger" food.

Isn't it amazing how we can misplace something, such as your memory card, think we looked everywhere, practically give up on finding it, and then it unexpectedly turns up? It happens pretty often, and always leaves you wondering. Mrs. Shady and I lost several items in transit from Florida to our new home up north, and they are still missing. Yessum, it's true. We moved in August and are busy getting settled into our new house and new community. It's name is Ohio, Ashland. We bought a farm with an alpaca near a Creepy Woods :)

I hope Annabelle is going well. I will be giving her a special shout-out in my first new post which will be published this Saturday, November 4. I hope you can stop by. You are a dear and cherished friend, YaYa. Have a wonderful H-ween and a safe and happy month of November!