Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Not A Happy Camper

Have you ever been frustrated to the point of wanting to kick something?  This weekend was our family Halloween gathering.  We had a good time and all even though the weather was rainy and cold for part of it.  What I'm so mad about is not being able to find my memory card with most of the better pics on it.  I took it out of my camera and that's the last I remember! I think I was just pretty tired last night and I'm sure it will surface when I least expect it or need it. I have a few pics on my phone so it's not totally a pic free post.  I really kind of over did it these past weeks getting ready for the gang to arrive.  I wasn't sure how many were actually coming until the last minute but my sister made it along with her 3 kiddos and their kiddos.  On Friday after they settled into the hotel the "kid" adults gathered together for dinner and fun while Midge and I watched the kids play in the pool.

Lots of splashing going on!  They played until the pool closed at 7.  Then we all headed over to my house for pizza and movies.  The movies didn't happen but they found things to do until the parents came back around 9 to get them.  It poured rain that night but was sunny and bright in the morning. The temps were on the chilly side but it's fall y'all!  The dads and the boys went to Ashland University to see the team play and win their homecoming game.  The girls went shopping and Midge and I finished preparations for the party in the afternoon.  Oh, I did get up early with my sis to get her to dialysis by 6:20am.  We were a bit tuckered out by the end of the night!  Well, the rain held off until the afternoon but unfortunately the party was at 4 and rain came and stayed all evening!  So outdoor fire pit and other things we had planned were nixed and we went to my plan B.  We decorated the garage and had food and games in there.

Food set up here. We had sloppy joes, shredded chicken, ghost sandwiches, chips, salad, mac 'n cheese, cheesy potatoes and lots of desserts.  We sang happy birthday to Midge's two girls.  Katie has a birthday on October 30th and Amy had hers on Friday.  Of course those pics and the shots of the creepy coffin cake are on the memory card I can't find!  But here's a classic of the birthday sisters:

Happy birthday you crazy kids! 


Some of the gang cozy in the garage. We closed the doors to keep it warm.  We played games with the littles and their parents.

Here was the candy catch game that proved most of us are cheaters and bad catchers! Ha! The other games are...you guessed it...on my lost card.  Hopefully it will be found and I can get them on the blog for my journal purposes anyway!  I'll finish this post with some photos I promised to show of the finished living room painting project.

You can see the darker green on the back wall.  Hello Annabelle! She likes watching Hoda and Jenna.

The other half that shows the bookcases with the new white paint and the green back ground.  I think I showed this side before...sorry! 
The day before everyone arrived Annabelle had a spa day and left with a dumb bow on her head that she took off not long after this pic!  She's not crazy about the bandanas they usually give her either. Speaking of dogs...my sister got a new puppy on her way back to Illinois.
He's a mini golden doodle about 8 weeks old and she changed his name from Brooks to Flynn. She has a Granddaughter named Brook so she thought it was a good idea to change the name.  He's adorable in his pics but she's stronger than I am when it comes to raising puppies!  Her other dog, Hope, isn't quite on board yet but I'm sure she'll come around when he gets a little bigger and can play with her.  So it was a busy but fun weekend and everyone seemed to have a good time.  Midge and I enjoyed a quiet Sunday while her Grandkids and their parents spent the day at Cedar Point.  My brother Phil and my sister in-law Cilla were suppose to be here on Sunday too but they had flight issues from Arizona where they were vacationing. They decided to just head home to Florida.  They would have arrived way to late on Saturday night/early Sunday morning and then we would have been just really tired on Sunday. We were sorry they couldn't make it but we have plans to meet for our annual Christmas family gathering in Chicago in December.   The Fall colors have finally arrived and this week the trees are spectacular! It's going to be a warm week after a hard frost we had yesterday so I guess this is Indian Summer!  
The trees around the Pines are lovely and this final week of my favorite  month is going to be very nice indeed!  Enjoy your week everyone!



8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

The living room looks great. I like the color. Your family Halloween gathering looks like it was a lot of fun. You are having a beautiful fall in your area. It's always good to see what you are up to. See you again soon!

acorn hollow said...

It sounds like you made the best of it despite the weather.
Our family halloween was canceled because of pouring rain all weekend.
Cathy
Ps I love your yellow chairs they look wonderful in your newly painted room.

Julia said...

I'm glad that you were able to go to plan B and it looks like it was a fun time. I pray that you find your misplaced picture card. You still managed to share plenty of photos just the same. The rest, I'll have to imagine until you find your card.

You remind me of the EverReady Bunny with your energy and enthusiasm for family gatherings. I bet they all loved your Halloween decorest of the week.

Enjoy the rest of the week.
Hugs,
Julia

jack69 said...

Oh yes I have been that frustrated, and even about a memory card. OUCH Good pics that you did show and glad you all had a good time. Family times are the best, especially when everyone can be themselves and also be silly a little.
Sherry & jack

joeh said...

Buy a new memory card and the old one with the pictures will show up.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Fingers crossed that you find the card as I wanna see that cake! LOL. And ghost sandwiches? Do tell.... That's a huge bummer about the rain - your wonderful photo backdrop outside with the straw bales and such went unused? Hopefully you at least got some in before the rain moved in. We have been absolutely deluged in rain. We had 3 inches just yesterday with flooding all over. Today isn't as bad, but the rains are to return again tomorrow. Yikes. Better pull out the ark plans. Your living room redo turned out great. I love the accent colors on the wall and bookcase backs. Hope you have some time to recover before having to return to work. ~Robin~

Kay G. said...

My dear, you are so busy! That must be what keeps you young!!

Prims By The Water said...

Sad that the rain put a damper on your outdoor activities. I hope you find your card. I prated for days to St Anthony to get my ring back and it happened. Flynn is an adorable pup. What is a ghost sandwich? Never heard of it. Glad everyone managed to have fun even with the rain. Its getting together with family that matters the most. Janice