Wednesday, October 11, 2023

I Need A Magic Broom!

 The past few weeks we've been getting projects done around the house in preparation for the family coming in next weekend for our annual Halloween/Autumn bash.  These projects are good to have done even if no one was coming,  Do you do that? Put off some things until guests are coming or is it just me? Anyway, I've cleaned out closets,  got all my decorating for the season done inside and currently working on the outside. I even washed the outside of the house! I do that every couple of years when the white siding needs it.  To top it off  I volunteered for the historical society to help decorate the Freer House for the annual pumpkin glow.  Throw in busy, crazy work days and I really could use a magic broom to sweep it all done! I work tomorrow and only one day next week so I'll be ready for my sister and her kiddos and even my brother Phil and my sister-in-law Cilla are coming from Florida.   I have a menu planned for all the days they'll be here and activities for the youngest kids.  I know it will all come together but my biggest prayer is for good weather.  Last year it was picture perfect but this year is looking a little soggy and chilly.  Oh well, I know we will have fun no matter what!  Here's a few pics of my past few days:

This is the dining room of this old historic house that we were assigned to decorate. We did a witches luncheon! It turned out really cute and this is only a small snippet of the room.  I'll have more at the event day.
Another little niche we did.
All these light up and almost all of our decor has lights and even some sounds that will surprise!
This stairway will not be used for the public but all these pumpkins will be lit up and it looks very cool at night.  There's lots of rooms that are themed....like the skeleton room, the witch room, the pumpkin room and also candy for kids to go trick or treating. Pumpkins outside will be carved and lit up too.  Throw in some food trucks and outdoor decor and it should be a fun family night.  Now for some pics of my outdoor decor:
I thought this area would make a good photo op for my family.  I have another spot that's not done yet but you know I'll be taking pics of it for the blog.   Poor Jack spent most of the afternoon trying to clean the van out with all the straw from the bales and the cornstalks too.  Halloween is messy!
I found this wooden guy at the dollar store.  Good buy for a wooden sign. I got the last one.  Jack would say, "Oh, lucky you!".  Throw in the sound of sarcasm with that remark! Ha! Anyway, it may end up as a prize with some of our games.   Not much else to report except the cool, lovely chilly Fall weather.  We had a picture perfect day today and I feel like I accomplished a ton.  Now on to work tomorrow.  We're using a new electronic medical record and it's much different from the previous one and it's slowing us down when doing surgical cases and cases at the endoscopy lab.  So fingers crossed for a good day and an early done time.  Lord knows I still have a full list of things to get done before next weekend!  Now, where's that magic broom???

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Yep you need a magic something. I think you must make magic yourownself! You are a planner and fixerupper for sure. Love the seasonal pics. That is way above my paygrade. LOL
Take care and.... it is apparent you are making the best of this fall season.
From a rainy Florida

Sherry & jack

TheCrankyCrow said...

I don't think you need a magic broom...looks and sounds like you have plenty of "practical" magic LOL. That historical house celebration sounds amazing. I'd love to go and take it all in. And I am certain your family get together will be jam packed with fun and festivities - and great eats, of course! Even when I know events are coming up, I rarely have a concrete menu plan for some reason. I can do one meal, and perhaps a breakfast the morning after, but then everyone's on their own with leftovers. Maybe that's why I don't get overnight company. 🤔 Your photo setup is great. Is that an old door frame? I'm sure it will be put to great use and look forward to seeing some of the photos. Have fun with the rest of your set up, but make sure to take a few breathers to stop and enjoy your "magic." ~Robin~

Julia said...

You did get a lot accomplished and you're having fun too at the same time. I just wish I could see that witch close-up. I tried to make the photo bigger but it stayed small. I'm looking forward to seeing your Halloween party photos. I bet the Halloween food will rival the decor.

If you find a magic broom let me know. I'd like one too. lol...
Hugs,
Julia

joeh said...

If it was not for an occasional guest, our house would never be straightened up.

Prims By The Water said...

Fingers crossed for your work day...er maybe I am late with that. Trying to catch up on my blog reading. Sounds like you have been a bit busy yourself. Why did I know you would be decorating with witches. HA The historic house sounds wonderful and am sure it will be a hit with visitors. Hope the weather holds up for you this weekend. Supposed to rain here. Janice

Deb J. in Utah said...

The decorations look great! I love that stairway! Have a great visit with family. We had a couple of days of rain and cold temperatures but it is going to warm up again and continue with our beautiful fall weather. Have a great weekend!