Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Week #1

 We're almost one week in on this new year. I thought I'd better blog something but really don't have a ton to write about.  I did get all the holiday decor down and put away and that always makes me think of projects we need to get done this year.  With Jack feeling better each day we'll soon be able to start to get a grip on those.  I have the itch to paint some walls.  I just have to decide on colors.  I don't want to change things a ton, just give things some brightening up.  Our snow has melted again and we did get some flakes yesterday but the worst thing is the grey skies!  Cloudy every day.  When it snows at least it brightens the outside a bit! I think we're suppose to have sun on Saturday and our son Phil is planning on coming out to help split wood again.  Just to be in the sun will have me helping! I finally got to my doctor for my usual checkup.  I have some projects to do there too! I went yesterday and had some x-rays and an ultrasound of my abdomen just to check on my aorta since my sister had an aortic aneurysm...my brother has one too...my doctor thought it would be good to see if I had one. Thankfully all is good! It's easy to put aside or "forget" to take care of ourselves.  Usually things end up more of a problem when we do that.  I ordered my blog book yesterday. Getting 2020 into print so it's not ever forgotten...even though it was rotten! I shouldn't be so harsh.  We did  have some good things happen and many blessings also. I need to remember to be grateful for all things..even trials that can teach us so much.  So that's all I've got. I read yesterday that the world is spinning a little faster.  I can agree with that so let's all hold on for the ride! Here's a little sign I bought a few years ago:

  Blessings for sure.


7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

It is hard to be grateful when things seem to going bad but we all have things to be grateful for. so glad your husband is gaining each day. I usually leave Christmas us as I hate to let the memory go but this year it is all down and put away. We are redoing a bedroom for my craft room very exciting we did a lot of projects around the house this year. We have been cloudy too and when the sun does come out it is exciting. When you have a sick spouse it is easy to let your own health go and so glad you are not doing that. I had some work to do there too but
it will be fine.
Happy New Year
cathy

betty said...

Good to hear Jack is feeling better day by day! Its neat that you do a blog book; great for the memories to look back on, even if they are tough memories!

Going on a blog break; all well :)

betty

jack69 said...

It is good to read that someone looks forward to painting. My least enjoyment of building, LOL
Enjoyed the read but what a powerful graphic to end with. THANKS, it is so true.
From Florida
Sherry & jack

Susan Kane said...

I am thinking about painting kitchen cabinets. Have thought about it for 4 years, and now is the time to take that step.

Genes can really mess me up. Migraines from my dad's side, colon troubles from mom's, and arthritis from every relative I have.

CHERI said...

So glad your checkup had good results:) And yes, 2020 did have blessings among all the sickness and sadness and craziness. I am praying so hard that 2021 will be better but I guess time will tell. Even so I will continue to be thankful for all I've been given. Happy New Year...and good luck with your painting:)

TheCrankyCrow said...

The world is spinning so fast these days it has turned things completely upside down me thinks. I'm dizzy already and want off the ride. But that's another story altogether. You are many steps ahead of me. I had very little out this year...not even a tree...but what I did manage to drag out is all just sitting here staring at me. No motivation to put it away. We have had quite a few cloudy days too, but the sun has managed to peek through it seems for a bit each day.... We have had several days/nights of heavy hoar frost which is so magical...but add hints of sun on it and it is absolutely breathtaking. I am trying to memorize the beauty when I see it these days. How fun to have you blog printed. I remember years ago seeing an ad come across somewhere for having that done, but have never seen it since. Do you do each year? And if so, each year separately? Love your sign...it gave me pause...and that's a good thing. ~Robin~

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thank you for being patient and understanding why I am late getting to your post this week, dear friend.

Right off the bat I am elated to know that your aorta checked out AOK. That's a big load off your mind. Second, I am happy to know that Jack continues along the road to recovery and will soon be able to join in normal activities around The Pines. It's very nice of Phil to report for duty and split logs again. I wish you many more blue skies than gray.

Congratulations on getting your blog book printed for the year 2020. I am impressed by your attitude as you reflect upon the year concluding that, awful as it was, there were blessings to be counted and opportunities to learn from all those trials and tribulations. I wasn't aware that the world is spinning faster. Does that mean the sun sets at noon from now on? :)

I'm delighted that things are looking up on your side of the screen. Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend YaYa!