This month is more than half over and I feel the beat of our October family reunion pounding in my head. I know, I know, it's about 8 weeks away but I keep going over what I need to do to be ready inside, outside, food side, fun side. Ahhhhh!!! My ADHD brain is bursting but I'm trying to be calm on the outside! Anyway, we've had some crazy weather this summer. Hot, cool, very wet, stormy. The storm on Sunday knocked out power from 1:30pm to midnight. With 3 lines down I was sure we were in for a long few days but thankfully the electric company came and did some magic and we had our power back. First thing I did was wash my lunch dishes at midnight! Ha! I don't like to wake up to dirty anything so a quick clean up was done. But then we realized our internet was also down. So the cable company came after the OK from the electric company and by the afternoon on Monday we were hooked back up. Phew! You realize how dependent you are on technology when this happens. Oh well, I'm glad I live in this day and age with electricity, water from a faucet, A/C, and TV. Sorry, not sorry! Oh, I need a big shout out to our son, Phil, and his girlfriend, Kim, for surprising us with some food and fun chit chat around the kitchen table by lantern light Sunday night! Thanks for that! We are blessed with sweet kids who care about us! With all the rain this summer I will say the yard looks as green as it did in Spring.
Much different from last summer when we were in a drought. I'll take the wet over dry! We seem to be heading in for some cooler, less humid weather. The temps haven't been bad but that humidity makes it not as nice. Since we did have a nice cool day with rain I made some pumpkin bread:Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Moving Right Along
I like this recipe since it makes 2 loaves. We ate one and I froze the other for another day or to give away! On Saturday we went to the farmer's market. I got some green beans and I also bought a cute sign that's made by some disabled folks.
Jordan will be moving into his new home in a few weeks and I might just sneak this over and put it on his porch. He actually sold the house he bought last year but that's another story for another day. We wish him well on this new chapter as he, thankfully, has recovered from the scary illness this spring that put him in the hospital for a few weeks. This house is closer to where he works and has less land to take care of. I'm betting he gets a dog too. Good luck Jord! I also bought a beautiful mum plant from the market.The Mennonite lady that sold it said it was a second and soon she'd have her better ones out. It was only $5! If this is a "second", I'll be interested in seeing her #1 mums! Yesterday Jack and I stopped at my new favorite cute shop to check out what they had for fall. It's also a nursery and has tons of plants, trees, a lovely greenhouse that is fun to walk around in and feel the peace of fresh plants! So this is what I spied, or I should say bought:
Silly ghost and a pumpkin picture. Turn over the ghost to see his back and this is what's there:
Yes, I'm thinking Halloween already and truthfully, I need nothing more in decor for that! But a quick stop at the dollar store and then this fell into my cart:It was a great night for a flight! Hot air balloons are so fun to see but I would never want to be in one.
However, I have no trouble clicking a pic and waving bye bye! That's what I call "Moving Right Along"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment