Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Home Again With Hope

 It's been a week since Jack made the ER visit that landed him hospitalized once again.  On my last post we were going to surgery and hoping for a good scenario.  He did have lots of adhesions that caused a blockage in the small bowel. It wasn't just a band that needed snipped,  it was a whole belly full that took 3 hours to clean up. It's something that just happens as some folks heal.  We probably would never win a lottery but when it comes to the weird and unexplained we soar!  However, the surgeon was able to do this and not take any more bowel out which was the real concern. That could lead to a lifetime of challenges. They started out doing it with the laparoscope but Dr. M decided to make sure they were getting it all cleaned up and freeing the bowel so she opened.  Being at my previous workplace where everyone knows us was a comfort. I was allowed in the hospital and the staff came out and gave updates and even brought out photos of what they found. I'll spare you seeing those! I was so thankful for the good care Jack received and yesterday he came home.  He's pretty sore having his belly opened again is such a small time frame. He was just getting back to normal with work and every day things but he'll get there again. I'm just grateful for all the prayers and good thoughts again! Thanks everyone! Now on to healing, probably holding my breath every time he looks at me sideways!  In other news we did get a little snow last night which makes everything look bright and winter like.

This early morning shot suggests we might even get some sunshine today. Yesterday was sunny and that just lifts the spirits up.  Today we will again watch history being made as Washington gives another try at getting the country up and running with a new President.  Many are not happy but it is what it is and we as citizens in this great country need to be the best we can be in our communities and our homes and try and make good changes where needed.  I want to be part of the solution, not the problem.  This pandemic is still raging and with more vaccines being given perhaps that will help.  Like the change in leadership today, many are not happy...However here you have the choice to say yay or nay.  Me? I'm already on the list to get it sometime after February 8th.  So as this day unfolds I go back to my word for the year...HOPE.  Hope that there won't be any trouble with the inauguration today.  Hope we can come together as a nation and move in positive directions.  Hope that the pandemic will start to slow and the vaccines will be the solution.  Hope Jack continues to heal and get back to his real "normal"! To give a face to hope I'll share this photo:

This little lady is my sister's new dog.  My friends' dog had 14 puppies and Midge got this one and named her......HOPE! Hope was born in December so she won't be ready to go to her forever home until February and since she's here in Ashland my sister won't get to see her for a while.  I'll go out and play with her in a few weeks and give Midge more photos and videos.  My sister has been living alone since Mom passed away and dealing with her health issues hasn't been easy.  She has been wanting a dog and I promised that if anything happened to her I would take Hope.  However, her kids live near her and her one daughter and family live in the same neighborhood.  Her grandkiddos are as excited as she is to get Hope home. They will be a big help with the puppy.  So with that cute little face I'll say bye for today and  HOPEfully, it will be better days as the year marches on.


8 comments:

Julia said...

Yay, Jack is back home, you got the royal treatment at the hospital, I also HOPE he will continue to get well before spring so he can flex his muscles in the yard once again.

What a darling little dog. Hope will be hard to resist. Your sister will be overjoyed.

The sun is shining here too. What a blessing. I'll take all the blessings I can get.
Also hoping for peace and healing for your country. Prayers for Jack and Midge.
Hugs, Julia

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thanks for bringing us the great news that Jack is back home, dear friend! I am delighted to learn that his surgery was a success and that he will not lose any ground as a result of the procedure. I pray this time his recovery will be complete and permanent without any more upsetting surprises and setbacks, and that he can return to a more normal life at The Pines with you and Arnie.

I watched the inauguration today and shed many tears during the inspiring speeches and songs. It was an outstanding program from start to finish. President Biden's eloquent and inclusive speech was filled with the "H" word - not hate, but hope. Patriotic Americans from sea to shining sea will now choose to make peace with their neighbors and be part of the solution. It is a fine day for America.

I love Midge's new pup Hope. She's a sweetie. I know she will be loved when she arrives at her forever home, and Midge's health and outlook on life will surely benefit from having such a cute and cuddly animal companion. I am very happy to meet Hope.

As I have stated numerous times in the past year, I Hope you have finally come to the end of this difficult period which has so often tested your strength, faith and resilience. I Hope you and your family enjoy much better days ahead throughout the year 2021. Bless, you, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

How did I miss your last post??? I am so very sorry Jack had more issues and had to have another operation. But glad he is one the mend again.
that dog is too sweet I wish I lived closer I would take one too we have been looking at dogs at the shelters but they are all pit bull crosses here and I do not want that kind of breed.
May hope shine from now on in!!!
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Hope is a lil cutie pie! So glad jack is out of the hospital and home again mending, thanks for not sharing those hospital photos. :-) Janice

jack69 said...

WOW, sorry to hear all that your Jack has had to endure. OUCH! BUT glad you did get inside the hospital and he is home.
Praying and hoping the best.
Sherry & jack Playing a little catch up

CHERI said...

So glad that Jack got home. I don't even want to imagine how sore he must be!!! Sure hope & pray he will recover fully without anymore setbacks. I'm one of those not happy with how the election turned out and I have big worries about what's coming...BUT!!! I have already begun praying for this president and I do hope he will be successful. I'm a conservative person (most of us in the south are)...the "too" liberals scare me, but like you I want to be part of the solution. I just want my family to be safe and secure and I want my grandkids to be able to grow up with freedoms afforded to us by our constitution. That puppy is adorable! We no longer have a dog and I doubt we'll get another, but I do love dogs and sometimes really miss having one. I love that HOPE is your word for the year. I do HOPE & PRAY that we soon put this pandemic behind us. We had our first vaccine last week, praise God!!! Now to get through the following 28 days without getting the danged virus!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am happy to hear that Jack's surgery was successful, and praying that he will have a quick recovery....and a more complete one this time around. You are very fortunate to be able to have gone in to the hospital. My 91-year old mother is again in the hospital...the third time now since this virus mess hit and we have not been able to see her...either at her assisted living facility or at the hospital. I am weary of the lockdowns and mask mandates....they certainly don't seem to have been successful in stopping the spread. Hope is an adorable pup....your sister must be so very excited. ~Robin~

MunirGhiasuddin said...

It is such a good news that your hubby is back home. So much have happened and I have not been keeping in touch with friends.
I try to check and see to make sure that all is well. I am glad that I looked.

Please take care of yourself as well. I am sure that you are dedicated and loving , but it does take a lot out of us when we are worried about our families. So please take care of yourself.
Love that little puppy and such a good name HOPE.
We all need