Saturday, February 29, 2020

12 Years Ago Today

On February 29th, 2008 I did my first blog post.  I never imagined I still be at it 12yrs later but here we are today and yep, here I still am today!  This will be short and sweet tonight but I just had to mention this milestone.  So what did you do on this "free" day?  This one extra day we've been given this year?  I hope it was a good one for you all.  Yesterday was my birthday (everyone always asks me if I was a leap year kiddo but alas...nope!  Mom planned better than that!) I took the day off yesterday and I'm also off on Monday.  So I haven't done anything super great but it's been a lovely weekend so far.  We went to the Temple in Columbus this morning which is always a nice, quiet, recharge time for us.  Throw in some shopping and such and I'm ready to call it a day.  Jack says that's what happens when you get older...smarty pants...he's 6 months younger and feels the need to remind me every year!  That's OK, I'm over it and ready to take on a new year.  12 blogging years have flown by so fast.  But not as fast as the past 67 years!

Happy Leap Year everyone!

9 comments:

betty said...

Happy belated birthday and happy blog anniversary! Wow how cool you started blogging on Leap Year Day back 12 years ago!!!! Quite a milestone!!! Wishing you many more years of both blogging and life (not necessarily in that order LOL :)

betty

joeh said...

Congratulations on your third blogaversary.

Jean said...

Happy belated Birthday to you, you're looking great.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy belated birthday, dear friend! (Please report to my blog and read the explanation for my tardiness.) You were a beautiful baby, Kathleen, a blessing to the world, and you are still beautiful. I hope your special day was filled with fun and lotsa loving support from family and friends. Seems like you are enjoying your long birthday weekend so far. Please remember that 67 is the new 17.

I also applaud you for completing 12 years of blogging. That's quite a milestone. It's interesting that you chose a Leap Year and Leap Day to publish your first post. You started your blogging journey five months before I began mine. I don't know about you, but I have changed a lot in the last 12 years and blogging has facilitated that change. I am thankful that you reached out to me years ago and asked to be friends and followers. It has been an honor and a privilege to experience life through your eyes, mind and heart and to get to know your wonderful family through Whispering Pines.

Have a wonderful week ahead, dear friend YaYa!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello Happy Blogavesary and Happy Birthday - a couple of days late! Sounds like my kind of birthday. Hope this new year of your life if a good one for you. I also enjoyed your post on the Gingerbread Person. Interesting ans true. Hope you have a great week!

Kay G. said...

Oh my gosh, you have always been gorgeous!!
Happy Birthday, a bit late!!
I did housework on my extra day. Nothing exciting!!

jack69 said...

Ah ha, Like Sherry you picked a young kid to raise as a hubby. I hope you did as good a job as she did. I have learned to say, "Yes mam you are right!' without saying it thru my teeth. BUT Happy birthday....
Love from NC
Sherry & jack

acorn hollow said...

Happy Birthday! I have been blogging 10 years I looked back to see I wasn't sure. Happy 12 years of blogging.
cathy

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542