Sunday, February 9, 2020

Weekend Weather

Last Sunday it was sunny and in the 60's.  Today...well, it's snowing to beat the band..very pretty but also pretty chilly!  It started out on Friday or maybe it was Thursday evening.  First the ice:
The benches on the deck probably wouldn't be the best place to rest your bum!
The mailbox is a bit frozen.  Notice the green grass however..although it was crispy with ice too.
Holly bush with it's leaves covered in ice that gave it the look of fine glass.
A little more vivid on the crabapple tree.  So then we had the snow appear. I don't mind the snow but when it covers the ice on the roads and sidewalks it makes it a different hazard.
I was glad that we didn't get any visitors or packages delivered on the front porch or I should say the front ice skating rink!  To see the difference you just have to look at the next 2 pics:
Before snow..
Friday snow!  It got warmer on Saturday and much of this melted but it's really snowing outside now and I'm glad I'm inside, comfy and ready for a cup of hot cocoa and a good book.
Arnie is too! He actually doesn't mind the snow as long as he doesn't have to be out in it for long. It only took a quick pee break to get covered! The weekend has gone fast, as usual.  We had a nice Saturday with watching Cameron play basketball in the morning:
He's in the gray..#1. 
My son Jack is his team's coach.  They were up in points at this time but, unfortunately, they ended up losing by 2pts.  Disappointing for sure but we're pretty certain our Cameron wasn't feeling very good. He just wasn't his usual self and I noticed that he wasn't even on the bench when the game was over. Nope, he was in the bathroom...and although he said he was OK, he sure looked not so hot.  Oh well, we still enjoyed the game and hope he's better today.  Later in the afternoon we met friends at Red Lobster and had a nice evening with everyone who came.  The snow has covered the ground once again and I'll end this post with a wish for everyone to be safe, warm, and  have a great Monday!

11 comments:

Pilar said...

Beautiful weather pictures! The weather has been all over the place here too! New to your blog!

betty said...

Brrr!! Looking at the pictures made me feel cold :) Ick on the ice; always dangerous to try to maneuver on it whether it be driving or walking. Sounded like you had a nice weekend; sorry Cameron's team lost and he wasn't feeling too well. I do like Red Lobster; who can resist those biscuits of theirs? Love your Valentine blog look!

betty

acorn hollow said...

WE had the same thing but no warm up we went to sub zero. Snowing now who knows what we are in for on Monday. I hope Cameron is feeling better.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

It has been snowing since this afternoon. Not fun driving home. Love to see it when I am at home though. Janice

jack69 said...

BRRRR cold for a southerner even in NC. Yep we do get the icy porches and steps though and know about the slippery stuff. It was always fun to watch the kids and grands in their sports. Being a little out of sorts sure does cut back on the power to win and celebrate (also harder to face a loss also.)

BUT for us the Red Lobster is a winner every time.
Love from a cool NC,
Sherry and jack

CHERI said...

Can't say I envy your ice but I am envious of the snow!!!! As I've told you before (I think) we get just a "tad" of snow here in south GA about once every 10 years IF we are lucky. I'm sure it's a pain for people who have a lot of it, but we southerners go absolutely bonkers if we see a few flakes start falling! Our local preK does have a SNOW DAY every year...they bring in a truck that shoots out artifical snow and the kids have an absolute ball playing in it. My two grands thought it was the cat's meow when they were little:) Stay safe...and warm!

joeh said...

No snow in Jersey this year...well one storm but we were in Florida and missed it. I love the snow, of course I don't HAVE to go anywhere.

Lisa said...

These are some great weather shots. Hope Cameron gets to feeling better! Thanks for the visit!
Lisa

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I returned to blogging this morning and The Pines is my fist stop on the circuit. I missed you, dear friend!

I'm sorry to read about the harsh winter weather up your way. As the first few pictures reveal, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go, and I am happy to see that pic of pooch Arnie walkin' (and peein') in a winter wonderland. I well remember the hazardous conditions that resulted when a layer of fresh snow covered ice coated roads, sidewalks and stairs. Be careful up there. It was nice to see grandkiddo Cameron in action on the basketball court, but I'm sad to learn he wasn't feeling well that day and that his team lost the game. I hope he's better today. Mrs. Shady and I love to dine at Red Lobster.

Have a safe and happy week, dear friend YaYa!

Christina said...

Well, we had a twinner weekend! It snowed here, too! Grady was sick this weekend, too, so we had to miss church. Also, Casey is coaching Stella's basketball team this year. I hope Cameron is feeling better!

Rick Watson said...

I love those pictures. The weather has been crazy here too.
It warmed up some today but my long sleeve shirt still felt good.