Friday, February 14, 2020

Love Is In The Air!

Happy Valentine's Day! A day set aside for love, cards, candy, flowers, engagements, and burgers! Yep, we celebrated this year with our traditional burgers and shakes. Good thing I start my new diet tomorrow! Jack got me a beautiful bouquet:
He knows I love fresh flowers and I also love this pink vase! Thanks babe and Happy Valentine's Day to you! Love ya!  He's learned many things about married life after 45 years of wedded bliss😍 but this simple phrase is one of the most important things he's learned:
Happy wife, happy life! But love wasn't just in the air around the Pines, but around the operating room as well.  We will celebrate any holiday or special time of year with a "carry in" of homemade goodies and stuff for lunch...
A pretty cheesecake....
Tables full of treats...
Crock pots full of lovely goodness!
My often requested Greek chicken...chicken stuffed with spinach, feta, garlic, mayo, all wrapped up with some bacon for good measure!  Give your sweeties a big hug and an "I love you!".  Hopefully that's an everyday thing for everyone.  We really don't need a special day to do this.  Hallmark loves these kinds of celebrations because they know we all want to "care enough to send the very best!" and pay a price to prove it!  So no matter how you celebrate this "holiday",  I hope you find love is the air in your neck of the woods...yep, that's that funny smell today!



11 comments:

betty said...

I bet the food was so delicious! It always is for occasions like this! And that dessert! Oh my!!! It is good to have a day set apart to remember those we love and why we love them :) Beautiful flowers you got too!!!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy Valentine's Day to you and Jack, dear friend! 45 years of happiness together and still going strong. I admire you guys! Jack was quite demonstrative in his gifting this year. Those flowers are gorgeous. Is that Yes Dear thingy your gift to him? How thoughtful of you! :) I hope you sent a Valentine to the lonesome Yeti in the Creepy Woods. It will be a challenge for you to start your diet with that cheesecake, cookies and crock pots filled with yummies tempting your tummy at work. I'll have to show that bag of heart shaped pasta to Mrs. Shady. I never saw that type of noodle before but I'll bet she is familiar with it.

Have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

the Greek chicken sounds good. Happy Valentine's day a little late. It looks like your work knows how to enjoy. We buy cards and I bought a small bag of his favorite little candies and left them everywhere he usually goes at home so he could think of me all day.
Cathy

gin said...

Happy Valentine’s Day to you! I love your flowers, Jack is a keeper for sure.

jack69 said...

WE 'Jacks' learn slow at times but we do learn. In nearly 64 years now, I kow the phrase pretty well, "Yes Dear", we even learn to mean it. LOL sweet post glad to see the operating room staff is celebrating special days.
sending love from NC,
Sherry & her jack

jack69 said...

PS: Sweet Baby Ray's seems to go with a lot of good stuff. LOL

Prims By The Water said...

Beautiful flowers and that cheesecake looked YUMMY! JAnice

Kay G. said...

That Jack, he is sweet AND smart...he married YOU!!
xx

Pilar said...

It looks like had a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)

Jennifer Russell said...

I would love it if you would share your Greek Chicken recipe...please!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello, I am a new follower of your blog. Looks like you had a super Valentine's Day! I would also like that Greek Chicken recipe. Sounds good! I will be back to visit again soon! Have a great week!