Sunday, February 23, 2020

And "SNAP"...The Weekend Is Over!

The weekends slide by so fast.  I'm even on call this weekend and I'm usually happy to see it go by quickly.  I really don't like to wish my life away but call can be the pits.  This weekend hasn't been too bad. I did one case this morning and I would have had one on Friday night but another Tech asked if she could have my call and I said a big: "YES!"  They ended up doing one on Friday night so I'm sure she was happy with the overtime pay.  The weather was really beautiful and a little warmer so I could get the car washed. We did our usual errands and grocery shopping on Friday night and Saturday morning.  I got a few things done around the house too.  But the most important time spent this weekend was celebrating our Grandson Anthony's birthday. On Friday he turned 18..can't believe it! Saturday afternoon we all gathered for a lovely dinner at his girlfriend's home.  He's going to graduate high school this May and will be attending Bowling Green State University in the Fall. (His PawPaw's almamater) He's a wonderful young man and such a nice kiddo.  He played basketball during high school and we went Tuesday to Senior Night:
He's number 24. They won the game by 14pts so it was a good night for the team and for his almost farewell game.  The parents walk the seniors out and the boys get honored and given some gifts. I sat in the bleachers thinking that I just did that with his Dad not so long ago..OK, maybe it was long ago...27yrs...but it sure seems like yesterday!
His birthday dinner last night was delicious. His Mom made lasagna and his other Grandma made a wonderful chocolate cake.  We laughed and just enjoyed the company and celebrating with him.
Not too old to enjoy the silly hats! (not that he had a choice I think!)
He and Noel have dated most of high school.  She's a sweetie too. Her family is also very nice and it was good of them to open their home for all of us.
Some of the family that was able to be there.
Anthony with his little brother Cameron.
His sister Summer and her fiance', Brett.  Our other Granddaughter,  Driana, had to work and couldn't make it. That's the trouble with being in healthcare!
My oldest son, Jack...another good kiddo!  So Happy Birthday to Anthony.  Time sure has flown and there will be many new roads ahead for him.  We wish him the best in all he does.  I do have to show the card I made him.  Have you ever made a candy bar card? You use candy bars to substitute for words..it's fun to make and looks super cute too:
It took two foam boards to get it all done but he loved it!  Night all!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy birthday to your grandson. What a great party! Everything looks great. I haven't made one of those candy bar cards, but I have seen it. So much fun.

betty said...

Happy birthday to Anthony!! A handsome tall young man! He and his girlfriend make such a cute couple! Wishing him the best in the years to come! So cute with the birthday card! The celebration for him sounded and looked like a good one! Where do the years go, right??

Weekends do go by fast! First weekend since back to work. It sped by but grateful for a great job to go back to :)

betty

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the card you made for your grandson. Ah, to be 18 again! He sounds like a nice young man. Glad you had an overall good weekend. Will stop by for a visit again soon.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy birthday to Anthony. 18 is a big milestone in his life. He is lucky to be surrounded by so many loving well wishers. He and Noel make a fine couple and I wish them happiness. Anthony's athleticism in basketball reminds me of my years on the high school team and playing in the church league. To this day basketball remains my favorite sport. It's great to see Cam, Summer and other members of your family in these pictures. Sorry Driana couldn't attend the party. Another blog friend recently showed me a candygram that she had made for her husband. They are an excellent idea and give me the Snickers. :)

Have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

Your grands are growing fast!! Your family is so good at celebrating milestones together.
Happy Birthday!
Cathy

jack69 said...

Love the family and occasion shots. The Grand's Birthdays are special. Yep, I am sure he ain't happy about the hat, but enjoyed the attention for HIS Special day. Life is good in a happy family!
Sherry & jack in NC.

Prims By The Water said...

Looks like your grandson had a wonderful birthday! Janice

Andrea Charles said...

Happy birthday to Anthony!! A Smart and young man! Anthony and Noel make such a cute couple! Wishing him the best in the years to come! I am in love with the birthday card, you are so amazing, grand mom. Thank you so much for the great candy card idea. Enjoy!! Have fun. Blessings to your family. Please do check out some of the latest wedding photographs http://www.bloghasting.com

Mayura said...

The candy bar card is yummilicious. That’s a lot of effort. Way to go. Celebrations are most cherished and food is the integral part. Loved the family bonding. It was a wonderful evening with cakes, samosas and tea. Good times.