Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Unexpected

I blogged about our Christmas celebration in my previous post. The rest of this holiday week was going to be quiet.  That was the expected part and for the most part is was.  I did have to work Christmas day for one case in the AM.  I was happy to get home around 10:30 and just rest and watch movies and enjoy the unexpected....the warm weather! Holy cow it's been so nice.  But first here's  how Christmas Eve looked:
FOG...big time fog that lasted all day and into the night.  There were accidents all around because of it.  Of course I couldn't believe how many people drove without their lights on! Crazy! As I was walking around the foggy Pines taking pics, my neighbor's horse was curious about this goofy gal snapping pics!
Hello Temp! He wisely stayed near the barn. He was probably a bit confused at the fog enveloping his pasture! The beautiful day came on Christmas.
Sunshine, blue skies, mild temps.  Unexpected for December in Ohio!
The Pines...and me...were loving the warm sun. We know it won't last but that makes us appreciate it even more. Last night we drove around town checking out Christmas lights.  This one house goes all out...I mean ALL OUT with decorations.  These pics do not even do it justice:


I think they have every blow up Christmas thing there is.  It's a small house and lot and every inch is covered. But it's fun to see and also to be glad it's them and not me that has to take it all down! In fact, I drove by there today and it was all gone...until next year I'm sure!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

10 comments:

joeh said...

THat is a lot of work, I'd keep it all up until New Years at least and probably til Little Christmas.

Merry Christmas

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I am relieved to learn that your "unexpected" was weather related and not another medical emergency. For those who were dreaming of a white Christmas, Wednesday's Florida-like weather was probably a disappointment, but I am sure your region will get its share of frozen precip by the time winter's over. Fog is one weather phenomenon I could live without. It makes driving very hazardous. Did you read about that 60-some vehicle pileup in Virginia the other day? Mr. Ed does indeed look puzzled by the fog and by the neighbor woman spooking around snapping pictures. I wonder why the family that put up all those elaborate decorations tore them all down the day after Christmas. I would think they'd leave them up until the day after New Year. In my experience that's what most people do. Some even leave their displays in place a good portion of January.

I hope Jack and Arnie are both doing well and that goes for you too, dear friend YaYa. May you and your family be blessed with happiness and good health in the coming year!

betty said...

That was a great looking decorated house! There is an area here close to where we live called "Moon Valley". They are known for their decorations. We drove looking at them after Christmas Eve service at church since it was close by. They had luminaries on all the streets in the area plus elegant displays of lights. We figured some must have hired services to string the lights for them. What we noticed was a lot of the inflatables were blown halfway over, so we weren't sure if they were into the eggnog with brandy (smiles) or due to the rain we had that day :)

Glad it was only one case you had to do on Christmas, but that sure was a surprise I'm sure for the patient to have to have it done then.

Fog! I've been in some so thick that rolling down the window and peeking my head out I still couldn't see a foot in front of me! That's even worse than driving on snow/ice sometimes! But glad the weather was pleasant for you guys!

Happy New Year!

betty

Julia said...

Happy New Year Yaya. What a foggy day and so many outdoors decorations. It's almost out of control.
I only put up my nativity this year and didn't bother with the rest of the decorations as the kids were staying home this Christmas. Winter traveling with kids can get very stressful. I was going to put up only a small tree this year but remembered that I lost all my small trees in the flood last spring.

I tried to focus more on why we celebrate Christmas and it was a good but quiet Christmas dinner with only my husband, my son and myself. I took lots of food over to my granddaughter's house as all her three kids were sick... We had visitors and long phone calls. My daughter who lives far away is planning on coming for Christmas next year. She missed all the fun we usually have at Christmas.
Hugs, Julia

Christina said...

We talked to Sandy on Christmas Eve and she told us about all the fog. There was a lot of concern that Santa wouldn't be able to see good enough to deliver gifts, BUT trusty Santa made it! Your weather was not too different than ours! I wonder how long it will last for you guys up there. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!

acorn hollow said...

Drive with their lights off??? Why?
We had nice days but not as nice as that and today freezing rain I would rather have a foot of snow.
Happy New Year
cathy

Rick Watson said...

I could have gone swimming on Christmas Day :)
We're supposed to have storms this weekend but it's supposed to get cooler.
R

Kayla Carter said...

I've been enjoying this warm weather! I'm not looking forward to the snow that will soon come. It was so creepy coming into Ohio to this massive wall of fog the other day. We definitely we not expecting it to be that thick.

CHERI said...

Personally I have not enjoyed the warm weather....we had enough of that all the hot summer! I like my Christmases cold and with a fire in the fireplace! At least the days have been pretty so the kids can all get out on their bikes, golf cards, or whatever! My Chr. has been pretty much a bust with being sick, but life goes on:) Happy New Year!

Stacy said...

it was beautiful. We went hiking in Mohican on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day because it was so beautiful. I am hoping to squeak in another hike or two this week.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Starkeys.