Sunday, December 8, 2019

Surgery Update

A quick post to update on Jack's surgery.  All went well although it turned into a much longer surgery than anticipated. 3hrs later and he had 3 hernias repaired laparoscopicly.  So he's a bit sore to say the least.  He came home the same day and today is the first day that he's finally got an appetite back and feeling a little better.  He was sort of planning on going to work tomorrow but smartly decided he would wait until Tuesday.  Hopefully he'll be able to do that since he hates sitting/laying around!  We're also planning on going to Chicago next weekend.  We've got Christmas surrounded I believe. The decorating is done and most of the shopping is too.  Just those few last minute things to cover. I do a lot on line so that will get completed this week.  We have to have our celebration early because I"m on call Christmas day.  That makes the pressure to have it all done even more urgent I guess.  So I hope everyone is getting into the Spirit of the season. It's been a bit different this year but in the end we enjoy all the music and the general goodwill this time of year brings. Here's a few pics of our decorating:
Outside...done
Dining room ready
Kitchen done
I found these on LTD site and thought they were cute for my kitchen.
Tree up and sparkly.
Even our neighbor's dog comes to our place with a Christmas sweater on! He comes and barks until Arnie comes out.  They sniff each other and that's about it!
End of another weekend.  Night all!

11 comments:

gin said...

You are ready for the Christmas season and it looks beautiful. Glad Jack is on the mend. That’s cute about the neighbor dog coming to see Arnie. Enjoy your upcoming trip. I plan to be finished tonight. I have down-graded my Christmas decorating a lot since the last few years the kids have taken turns having family Christmas at their houses. It’s kinda bitter-sweet you know. But this year it’s back at our house with a new grand baby in the mix and one on the way in January. ONLY 17 DAYS LEFT

joeh said...

I would not go back to work until I felt good and healed.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thanks for the update on Jack. Wow, I'm sorry his surgery dragged on well beyond the expected time span, but I am happy to know the outcome was good, he's bouncing back, got his appetite back and is eager to return to work. I hope Arnie has been given a good health report card, too. Looks like he has a friendly playmate next door. I love your cheery header and all your Christmas decorations. It's a shame you are on call Christmas day. I hope you won't be dragged in but, if you are, I know you will be filled with the holiday spirit knowing that you are helping people in need, people who wish they and you could have avoided spending Christmas in the hospital.

Have a safe and happy week, dear friend YaYa!

betty said...

Wow, I'm surprised Jack is going back so soon after the surgery! I knew they try to mobilize patients as soon as possible but isn't his work kind of strenuous? Your decorations look great! I heard on the news today, not sure if it is true or not, of how many heart attacks there are on Christmas Eve and Christmas. I guess lots of people have symptoms but dismiss them because of the season and then the symptoms intensify and you know the rest of the story. Hope that doesn't apply too to people who delay symptoms that might eventually need surgery and that you don't have to come in to work on Christmas Day!

betty

acorn hollow said...

It looks lovely, so sorry to hear you are on call on Christmas. Glad to hear Jack is doing well after such a long surgery. It is not an easy operation.
Cathy

Rick Watson said...

I’m really glad to read that Jack came through the surgery and is doing well.
The place looks great!

Kay G. said...

Get better soon Jack! Your Christmas decor is lively! I adore The Snowman/ Snowlady that look like you both. Sweet!😄

Kay G. said...

I meant lovely but lively is nice too!!

jack69 said...

It is so good to hear your Jack came through with success. Something about Jacks, it is hard to sit around. LOL The best to you and Jack. Very nice pics of Christmas decorations, Love it.
Sherry & jack at the RV repair shop, using the generator awaiting the mechanic. But it is nice outside about 80.

Julia said...

I'm happy to hear that Jack's operation is over and wish him a speedy recovery.
Your outdoors lighting decortions look spectacular and you are so smart to have everything ready for Christmas. I'm sorry that you have to work on Christmas Day.
Hugs, Julia

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Speedy healing to Jack so that he can really enjoy the holidays! Your home looks wonderfully festive. I finished decorating here on Monday, and now I'm ready to start some baking - that's when the real fun begins!
Have a fantastic rest of your week,
Andrea