Sunday, December 1, 2019

And The Race Is On!

Good-bye to the quiet month of November and hello to the jam packed month of December! Actually, November wasn't quite as quiet as usual in our neck of the woods.  It sure flew by fast and ended with a weird Thanksgiving holiday. I had Friday off of work because we didn't have any surgeries scheduled.  Most of our Docs were out of town.  That's also a weird happening but I'm sure not complaining as Jack and I were able to do some shopping for Christmas and also decorating the outside of the house.  I started the inside today and just have a few things left to do.  We'll put up the tree tomorrow and I'll be doing cyber Monday shopping too.  We'll be celebrating Christmas with the kids early because I'm on call Christmas day.  That just means I'm pressed to get it done asap!  Jack will have surgery on Thursday so he'll be out of commission for a bit.  So I guess the race really is on!  One thing we did do this weekend was buy our Christmas gift to ourselves.  This is something we don't usually do but this "toy" is one we've looked into for a while.
You may be thinking that we're crazy for buying this bike but it's a good way to get around the Pines and up into the woods without taking out the Gator.  Sometimes we just need to check on some things and don't need to haul stuff up there.  Whatever the reason...it is fun to ride!
Woohoo! As long as I don't hit a tree or some other dumb thing!  In other news, Arnie is giving us some reason for concern. He's been limping very bad but not having any pain that we can tell.  He can get down stairs but not up them. He has a vet appointment on Tuesday for shots but I think more needs to be checked out.  He's had 2 surgeries on his right front side and the growth is back. We were told he couldn't have any more surgery on that side so who knows what's in store for him. Poor little guy.  So I'll be praying for him and for Jack this week!  Hello December...we're getting off to a fast start in this race!

10 comments:

betty said...

I like the bike! I agree its a good way to get around your acreage! Being a mother hen here, LOL, are you guys wearing helmets? Here's hoping you won't get called in on Christmas Day and saying a prayer for Jack's surgery! We will blink and December will be over! Where is the time going?

betty

joeh said...

That bike looks like fun! I think there may be some fights over who gets to ride it.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy December to you, dear friend, t least I hope it will be. I will keep Jack and Arnie in my prayers. It makes me sad to know both are ailing, especially at this festive time of the year. It's astonishing how quickly time passes after Thanksgiving. "The race is on" is an apt description of the frenzy leading up to Christmas day. I hope you will be careful riding that motor bike. I'm sure the Sasquatch will come running out of his den when you go whizzing by his neck of the Creepy Woods. I hope you don't intend to join a biker gang and:

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure

Seriously, I am wishing and hoping for the best possible outcome for Jack and Arnie as they undergo medical treatment this week. Let it be a safe and hopefully happy one, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

That is quite the toy. I bet it makes you feel like a kid again. I imagine that when your family comes to visit, they will each want to ride it.
It looks like you are really busy in December. I hope that Jack's surgery goes without any problems and that he will be able to resume his activities soon.

It's hard to believe how fast November went. The only Christmas decoration that I have so far is snow, lol...
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

I think you need a helmet. Prayers to Jack and his surgery and to your poor little pup.
I bet it was nice to have the extra time off but sorry about being on call Christmas day.
Happy Shopping I am pretty much done just some stocking stuffers left.
But a few more decorations need to go up.
Cathy

Rick Watson said...

Sending Jack and Arnie healing thoughts. The month gets wacky here too.
Be safe on the bike. It does look like it would be fun to ride.

gin said...

I love that bike!!! You are so cool! Sending well wishes to Jack and Arnie.

jack69 said...

Just wanted to say THANKS. You may not get back tocheck the comments, but I had forgotten that poem, I loved the thought. Just a thank you! Hope you Jack will be fine
The other jack

btcwalletexchange said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CHERI said...

You just be careful on that bike!!!! Does look like fun though:) It's hard to believe we are this close to Christmas. So much has been going on with me lately that my head is in a spin. I am ready just to sit back and enjoy some peace and quiet!