Tuesday, November 12, 2019

It's The "S" Word

Well, the "S" word arrived last night.  We knew it was coming and were not surprised.  It came in big flakes and piled up quickly.  I thought it seemed a bit early for the "S" word but looking back at last year's blog I see that it arrived on November 9th.  So, here's some pics just so that next year when I think we get the "S" word early I can look back and go....Oh yeah, now I remember! It's just the way things roll up here in the North.  However, it's rolling down to the South this week too and I know my blog buddies are preparing.  At least I hope so!  Dear Shady friend in Florida...better break out the York, PA woolies!  Hope it doesn't damage the fruit trees however.  If you don't get any "S" down there, here's a few pics to send your way:
Down it comes!
Front porch this morning before work..
So pretty...even in the dark of early morning.
Same tree after work...
The sun has started to melt it even though our temps didn't get out of the 20's and tonight will be around 9de...wood stove is rocking!
My toothless Arnie...he doesn't mind the "S"!  Stay safe and keep warm this week! I'm off to a bread making class tonight.  That should warm us up too!

9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

ohhhh bread making class I want to go! I make bread a lot but I could always use a class.
We had the s word for 2 days with freezing rain which made for Mr Toad's wild ride to work yikes. WE are going to be below zero with the wind chill tonight so our wood stove is rocking also to keep the oil man away yeah yeah yeah!
tell us all about the class.
Cathy

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Golly, dear friend, I was hoping to see more pictures of colorful fall leaves before winter arrives, but clearly Mother Nature has her own plans for your vicinity. I've heard of frost on the pumpkin. Your pumpkins have a couple of inches of snow on them. I must admit that I love snow scenes just as much as autumn landscapes because I don't get to see either phenomenon down here. I checked our 10-day extended forecast and it doesn't call for the temp to dip very low, only to 50 degrees on the coldest night, nothing to jeopardize citrus trees, strawberry fields, plant nurseries or fish farms.

Thanks for displaying a closeup of my buddy Arnie. He's a good dog and lucky to have a home at The Pines. I'm glad he likes the white stuff. I can't wait to see a loaf of your homemade bread and I know Jack, Arnie and the rest of your clan can't wait to taste it.

Thanks for showing us the first snow of the season in Ohio, Ashland, dear friend YaYa. Be careful out there on the sidewalks and streets. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Julia said...

We are on our second snowfall so far this November. All I can say is I don't like the cold but snow is pretty and it does make for beautiful photography, however, I don't like slippery roads and sidewalk.
You for taking a class of making bread. I bet you could teach them a thing or two about making bread. lol...

Hugs, Julia

jack69 said...

Snow does make beautiful pictures. Also thinks me to Christmas. LOL Yep my Sherry says theforcast is for COLDDDD. Also said Florida was calling.....
nice cool read. Stay WArm Up there.
Sherry & jack down here cool also..

Prims By The Water said...

We had 11 inches of that white stuff yesterday. UGH and Winter is just beginning. Janice

betty said...

Oh my a bread making class! Be still my heart! The smells alone (provided you are cooking the bread there). Such pretty pictures of the snow :) Always good to see them on other's blogs. Its hard for me to fathom the cold/miserable/snowy weather in other parts of the country when it was 86 degrees yesterday and 82 today (but then we endure 4 months of extreme heat in summer). Stay warm and safe!

betty

Rick Watson said...

Three of Jilda’s friends came by last Saturday and they brought fresh homemade bread. Yum!
When they left, I was about to ask Jilda if we could bake some but she beat me to the lunch.
I’m hoping we’ll soon have fresh bread aroma’ing up our house.

Gin said...

The first for the season is beautiful. I love seeing it in pictures , but not really a fan of it in reality. At least Arnie can stay in and keep warm. See, youre off to bread making in 20 degrees like it’s no big deal. I would be bunkering down inside till it was all melted.

Susan Anderson said...

Brrrr!