Saturday, November 2, 2019

It's November But What About Halloween?

Those who know me...and that would be whoever is reading this...know I love October and also Halloween.  We had our family Halloween gathering earlier in the month and that was a lot of fun. I decorated my house as usual for this time of year.  I even bought a couple of new things when I was in Chicago a few weeks ago.
Who could pass this cutie up? Oh I hear the snickers...yes, I know most would but I'm not most!
And these by the fireplace were perfect! HeHe!  Yes I do love this little holiday.  So when Thursday rolled around I was excited to see Rae Rae dressed up for trick or treating and also seeing all the other kids in town.  But Mother Nature threw a fast pass in the way of high winds and rain and cold. Many towns around us cancelled and moved it to today.  Not Ashland....we're tougher I guess.
Many kids, including Rae, took to the sidewalks for candy and fun.  The rain stopped but it was still windy and chilly.  Not as bad as my sister in Chicago had it.  They got 4in. of snow! They are super tough out there!  But I was thrown another fast one by work.  I told them I couldn't stay late on Thursday like I had the previous days last week.  But when push came to shove they told me I had no choice.  Nobody else could stay and they said I was not allowed to leave.  I was there until 7pm.  Missed the trick or treaters and was mad as.....well, you know.  Anyway, I feel a bit cheated and never did see the kids but I know they had fun and life goes on.  You probably think all I do is whine about my work days...and it seems lately that would be correct!  So no more whining today.  It's November and now I will be thinking about Thanksgiving and putting all the Halloween stuff away.  The temps have dropped and Cleveland had snow but so far we've been getting just rain and even a bit of sun earlier today.  So all's well.  Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

How disappointing that you had to work. I've had those years too. Not fun. And you decorated your house so cute too!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

It was a thrill to be greeted by that burst of fall color in your header, dear friend. What an awesome sight! I have also taken a fancy to that shapely witch you bought. I like her!

Mrs. Shady and I live on a block where there is no trick-or-treat activity whatsoever. It remained perfectly quiet Halloween evening with not a single costumed child anywhere in sight. I have a friend in York who told me that the same nasty weather system that plagued your vicinity also postponed their trick-or-treat night until last night. Thanks for letting me know that Ashland carried on the tradition on the proper night despite the awful weather. I applaud Addy Rae Rae for braving the elements. I can hardly believe they got 4 inches of snow in Chicago on Halloween night! I am terribly sorry you were detained at work and missed the kids at your door this year. That explains why you didn't post a picture of Rae Rae or any of your other spooky visitors. I'd be very disappointed too if I missed the t-or-t fun. I know how much you love preparing for Halloween. It seems like fall is rapidly yielding to winter up your way. Time to watch your footing on stairs and sidewalks and your traction of the roads.

I have eye surgery Monday morning and a follow-up exam the next day, and therefore I will have a reduced presence on the blog circuit for a few days. I wish you a wonderful Sunday and a safe and happy week ahead, dear friend YaYa!

jack69 said...


AWW Sorry you missed part of Halloween, BUT remember they always say, "There is always Next year!"
Love the photos We had a cool rain here also. I do enjoy the 'Little' trick or treater-s, teens also, but the tiny tots are cutest.
Love and BOO from NC
Sherry & jack




joeh said...

Those kids need to be tough if they want the candy.

THis year I just put a jar of candy out and did not answere the door. We got one of those Ring Dood Bell things, so when the kids cme I could see them and tell them, "Only take one!"

Some were bit startled, but i think others did the same thing so all were not. THey were not greedy though.

Susan Kane said...

Kids will trudge through rain or snow for Halloween.

betty said...

That is a shame you couldn't leave. I would be mad too. It is kind of like seeing the kids here in Phoenix walking from school when it is 110 degrees out. Same with your area's kids getting out there trick/treating with cold, wind, snow, etc. You just learn to go with the flow!

betty

acorn hollow said...

So sorry you had to work it is ok to whine about work. I love love love the shoes!
Now on to November and thanksgiving
cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Your new goodies are so YOU! It rained and snowed on Halloween here. The kiddos still went trick or treating though. Janice