Saturday, October 26, 2019

Fastest Week Ever

Last week went by very quickly since the first part of the week was spent in Chicago visiting my Mom and sister as I mentioned in my previous post.  We had a really nice time with them and also with Craig who was there on a business trip.  We also got to spend a little time with my brother Jim who lives in the Atlanta area.  He works with my sister in her business and was there for a work project.  Seems like the only ones not working were Jack and I..slackers! Ha!
Here's my dear Momma having a snack at my niece's house.  It was my niece's birthday and also a beautiful day to sit outside and enjoy each other's company.  I think my Mom is a beautiful 93 year old!
Amy the birthday girl, my sister Midge (Amy's Mom), Mom and two of Amy's kiddos..Parker and Ella. We took off for home on Wednesday and had a nice drive back with the leaves finally starting to change.
The turnpike sure looks quiet! The leaves were lovely.  But happily coming home we found our leaves changing too.  Today we've had rain and wind all day so I'm pretty sure our leaves will have taken a hit.  After work on Friday I took a few pics in the woods.  I hate to bore anyone with my leaf peeping but it's turned out to be a wonderful Fall and I just have to capture it's beauty.
Here's the end of our road..
This tree is on the other end of our road and the sun was setting quickly so it's a bit dark. But I think it's one of the prettiest trees around!
On my walk up to the creepy woods the trailer is looking like it needs some pumpkins to make it a perfect Fall photo op.
Speaking of a perfect Fall photo op...Jack was up cutting wood that will keep us warm in the really cold months ahead.
The creepy woods looses it's "creepy" factor with these colors shining.
So take a walk in the woods and enjoy the colors of the season.  You're welcome to walk this path in our neck of the woods but you'd better hurry because Mother Nature will change it's colors soon!

11 comments:

jack69 said...

Imma liking Jack, working guy with a great name! LOL Oh yes! Your mom is beautiful I love that solid white hair. I am blogging about my friends tomorrow. One on each side of your mom in age.
It is wonderful that you all still have her around I am glad for you and wish we still had ours.
Beautiful fall colors. Good shots.
Sherry & jack

joeh said...

93...wow...that's how old I'm going to have to be if i ever get to shoot my age in golf.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Love your header, dear friend! May I assume you have those glowing Jack-o-Lanterns outside on your deck?

Your mother did it again. She managed to look even younger and more vibrant in these latest pictures than ever before. I have a hard time believing she is 53, let alone 93. I don't know how she does it. Happy birthday to your niece Amy!

Thank you very much for capturing pictures of the fall leaves on the way home and in your vicinity. You really are having a great fall this year and I appreciate seeing those glorious colors. Those closeups of the leaves in the Creepy Woods are spectacular! Yessum, you should enjoy it while it lasts, because soon there will be a coating of white stuff covering those trees, your property and your lane.

Thanks for the update, dear friend YaYa. Have a great Sunday and a safe and happy week!

betty said...

My gosh, your mom has found the secret of youth and she must share it with all of us! She's so beautiful! I love that you share pictures of her. Share any and all fall pictures with me, I enjoy seeing them all. Our leaves never change those colors and if they start falling, its in January, LOL. Nothing so pretty as the changing leaves (except for your mom!) Glad you all had a great time visiting and spending time with each other.

betty

Rick Watson said...

I never tire of leaf peeping. Ours are just beginning to turn so I will be posting pics of ours soon.
R

Julia said...

Your mom looks amazing and I'm sure you will look just as good when you're 93. The leaves re spectacular... Our leaves are falling but still, there are some beautiful colors left but not for long. We just got a killing frost this morning and it was -3℃ and for you, it would be 26.6℉. Brrrr. I don't like the cold, my joints get stiff.
Have a great week, Happy Halloween.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Beautiful Autumn foliage! I don't get tired of looking at it. Your mom looks so sweet! Hope your niece had a wonderful birthday! Janice

gin said...

A beautiful mom. A great husband. And the woods are beautiful now, not creepy. Loving your posts!

acorn hollow said...

Your mom looks wonderful! Good genes! Your fall looks wonderful ours has been amazing this year.
cathy

CHERI said...

Your mama looks great for 93! My mother is 91 and looks awesome...very few wrinkles. So I'm hoping I have inherited some good genes:) All your fall pictures are lovely. We don't tend to have the pretty leaves here...I guess it has to do with the extreme heat and normally dry summers. Might have to research that! Glad you enjoyed your trip. Note to self: I need to learn how to often change the way my blog looks...like Yaya does!!!

Susan Anderson said...

Wonderful foliage! And your mom does look absolutely wonderful!!