Tuesday, June 9, 2009

finished project #1




Here's the finished (almost) project we started last weekend. I say almost finished because Jack still has some stuff to finish under the stairs and I need to line the planting area with something...I haven't decided what yet. I think I should have done that first, but hey, I think I have dyslexia...or ADDH..or XYZQ, anywho, we also need some grass seed planted to fill in some dead areas...When I look at it I think..Hmmm wouldn't it be cute with pavers around the other stairs? Oh wait, Jack reads this blog too...he will kill me...so Jack, I'm just kidding! Now the grill has a happy home off the deck and the fountain has a resting place where we can enjoy the trickling sound of water...Of course the ugly old well cap is still visiable. I originally thought of making the planting area big enough to go around the cap but then I had weird thoughts of plant roots growing down into the well...stupid I know, but for now I'll just look for something to cover it. I'm sure they make something out in the world for that!

6 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I think it all looks fabulous. And I didn't notice the well cap AT ALL until I read about it and then started searching the picture for it. what does eddy think of the well?

yaya said...

Poor Eddy, he has the flu today or something..so sad, but he never notices the well cap at all..never pees on it or anything anyway! Thanks for the compliment! Miss you guys!

Donna said...

Yeah, it looks great! Turned out just the way you described it...the fountain is so pretty in the planting area...good job! Missed you today at work but see what you were doing:)

Christina said...

Wow! That looks awesome!! You guys are really quick at getting things done. We need to learn from your example. :)

Craig said...

Good job Daddio! Pavers look really nice and so does the fountain. You're coming down next week and I already have a few things for you to do!

Amy and Craig said...

wow! it looks really good! you've inspired me!