Sunday, February 11, 2024

Hello

Howdy! It's been almost 2 weeks since I've blogged.  Not sure what to even blog about these days.  The weather?  Ok, it's been really warmish for February in Ohio.  Last week we had 50 and 60de days and even saw the sun! It was glorious!  Work?  Yes, I'm still at our Endoscopy lab diving into colons and stomachs.   I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it does save lives.  Some days it's a 10hr no lunch or break day.  That was my Friday.  Sometimes we do get sales people to bring us a freebie lunch.  So at 4:30 in the afternoon the Chic Filet is nice and cold.  But again it's free so I'm not complaining.  Well, maybe just a little! Ha!  But all in all I still enjoy what I do and who I work with. Plus I can say yes or no to my work week.  Oh, and I do get paid.  Win Win!  My advice to everyone is get that colon checked once you're 45yrs old and older!  Ok what about Church.  I'm still going every week and with Jack we teach 11-13yr olds in Sunday School.  We have about 8 kiddos and they are great!  Last night we went to a Church social that was about family history.  Plus it was a potluck dinner.  Food was great and the folks who told family stories and shared photos and fun items made it pretty enjoyable.  How about our health?  Jack twisted his knee a week ago and will see the Ortho group tomorrow.  Let's hope no surgery is needed.  However, after working in surgery for 50yrs I'm betting it might.  Sorry Jack!  I'm all good for today, thankfully.  Annabelle is also dealing with a sore foot or leg.   She's been limping on and off.   No one is sure what the deal is and the jury is still out on her.  But she still enjoys running on 3 legs around the Pines.  Hopefully she won't need surgery either!  The family all seems good and I'm hoping to see my Sister in March.   So that about sums up my blog world for now.  No blog of mine is complete without pics.  

Those are daffodils peeping up through the ground and dead leaves.  The early birds of Spring! 

My 3 legged gimpy Annabelle just resting under a skinny apple tree.  That's all I've got so have a great Monday tomorrow!  Hugs from the Pines!


5 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Gee I hope Jack does not need surgery. It was 64 here on Friday. Back in the 40's now. I wish I could pick days I would work, but alas my job is not a part time one nor would they let me. Hugs from the river. Janice

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad to hear that things are going well. We had a cold and snowy weekend here, but a warm up is expected this week. It's great that you love what you do and are helping to literally save lives! I hope Jack doesn't need surgery, and can heal up quickly and as good as new. Sometimes when we get older, that doesn't always happened. Sounds like you love your church calling. Charly and I are on the Activities Committee in our ward. I hope you have a good week. It's always fun to see what you are up to!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Shady's Comet has returned for another 3-day journey across the blogosphere, dear friend. I went back and saw your "Why I Blog" post from a couple of weeks ago. Again I thank you for thinking of me and for mentioning Shady's Place - your home away from home these past eleven years. Your devotion as a friend and excellent comments on my posts combined with all you share here about your life and wonderful family have greatly enhanced my blogging experience. I can't imagine doing this without you being part of it.

Like you guys, Mrs. Shady and I are experiencing milder than normal weather. The groundhog's Feb. 2 prediction of an early spring was apparently accurate. This being my first winter back up north, I must admit I am disappointed that we haven't had more snow. I know you will join me in wishing for a blizzard or two before spring actually arrives. :)

I didn't know you are working in the Endoscopy lab. Good for you, dear friend! You are assisting in a very important part of the healthcare system. I am sorry to learn that both Jack and my sweetie Annabelle are limping. I hope both can recover without the need for surgical intervention.

Nothing beats the sight of daffodil sprouts poking through the soil (and often through the snow) and signaling the inevitable coming of spring. Thank you for sharing that inspiring picture.

I'm happy to know that you are well, and I hope you find Midge in good health and good spirits when you visit her a few weeks from now. Have a great week ahead and a happy Valentine's Day to you and Jack, dear friend YaYa!

Kay G. said...

I hope Jack is okay!
February is the month to slog through, for me! It has been so dang rainy here in Georgia...
"A rainy night in Georgia-feels like it's raining all over this man's world".
Man, whoever wrote that wasn't kidding!
Oh well, Spring is on its way, thank goodness!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happiest of Mondays to you Kathy. I was just thinking of your and thought it had been a while since I saw a post from you and this popped up. And, in scrolling, I saw your last post that somehow I missed. I am not sure how that happened, but my apologies. I loved the photos from your walk. I wish I had a place like that to walk. I hope your hubby and sweet Annabelle recover quickly. I don't know about husbands but pets seem to get limps that come and go. I know my Rajah was gimping about for several days a few months back and I was just about to break down and call the vet and he was right as rain. (He likes going to the vet even less than I do.) We are back to near "normal" temps here in Nod (if there is such a thing), but no daffies yet. Thank goodness as I know the winter isn't done with us yet. I had to run up to the lake to make some decisions last weekend and I was shocked that there was no snow at all there. But, the ice fishermen were still out on the lake. Silly peeps....you wouldn't catch me out there. I hope the new week is a good one for you. ~Robin~