Monday, February 26, 2024

The End Is Near

 Don't panic! It's just the end of the month is near.  We've had some really nice weather with cold and surprise snow thrown in for good measure.  Today was sunshine galore and 62de.  Makes me want to get out and dig in the dirt as my sister would say.  I just sat in the sun for a bit instead though!  I have plenty of time for digging in the dirt.  Tomorrow is warmish again but thunderstorms will be there too.  Some folks really like those but I prefer gentle rain and no lightning.   I worked 3 days last week and one was a 10hr day with no lunch or breaks. (we do run to the necessary room if needed!)  I write that so when I look back at my blog in the future I can say I actually did that and lived to tell the tale!  Not bad for a 70yr old gal!  When I think of the end being near I wish it was about the end of high prices of everything.  When I saw the price of eggs last week I was shocked.  I guess there was a bird flu outbreak again.  I'm sure after Easter and the necessity for eggs has lessened, the flu will be gone and the prices will go down.  Gas goes up and down as usual.  I took Annabelle to the Vet twice this month for shots.  As always it's a budget buster!  Throw in insurance time, property tax time and most important....hair appointment time...I need to do a few more 10hr days!  Oh well, you can't take it with you as they say.  So this short post is going to lead into my final post of the month on the 29th.  An extra day for us this year!  Plus it will be year 16 for my blog.  I did my first post on February 29th, 2008.  Seems like a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away! I'm going to end this with the only photo I have to share:

I made real honest to goodness popcorn the other day.  Blog worthy? It's all I got..the end is here!


4 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I started my blog around the fall of 2007. Wow, some of us have really been around a long time. Remember when it was so "cutting edge" and "high tech" to have a blog?!? You've been working a lot! You must have a lot of energy. I am completely wiped out at the end of the school day. Keeping up with teenagers makes me feel old. I hope you have a great week. See you again soon!

TheCrankyCrow said...

It's still morning here but, dang...the popcorn looks really tempting. I started blogging in February of 2011. It feels like a lifetime ago. Maybe it was. We are going to be near record temps today with highs near 60º but then a major cold front is moving in tonight with high winds, rain, freezing rain and then snow. They said the windchills will be -15º. What a see-saw. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

It is beautiful here and good for you for still working I could not I would be so tired.
Yes popcorn is always blog worthy. The prices of things are out of control I put my car in this morning for new brakes lord knows how much.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

That popcorn is making me think I need to make some. YUM Last week our Summer like temp for one day caused thunderstorms in the wee morning and snow in the afternoon. Today it is cloudy, but supposed to get warmer again by Monday. Mother Nature is sure fickle right now. Blizzards out west too. Dont get me started on prices of food. We spent almost $300 on just the two of us. UGH Am hoping this will last for many weeks, but who knows. We already cut back on some things, plus our taxes went up again. I may never retire. Janice