Thursday, February 1, 2024

Hallmark Says It's Loveuary!

 Hello February.  We made it through the darker days of January and each day brings a little more light into our neck of the woods.  Today was a gift day.  No, I didn't receive any actual gift wrapped items but God gave us sunshine and blue skies!  We haven't had that in many weeks.

 I just had to snap a pic of the field across from our house when out on my walk with Annabelle.  The sun really felt warm on my face and the temps were 50de.  
Tomorrow is Ground Hog day but Annabelle could see her shadow today.  Could that mean 6 more weeks of winter?  Ummm, I think we'll have 6 more weeks of winter whether the groundhog sees it's shadow or not tomorrow. 
I wasn't the only one enjoying the sunshine.  Our neighbor's alpaca and their horse, Temp, were sunbathing this morning.
I think Temp needs a bath or some grooming! 
We continued our walk up into the Creepy Woods.  They don't look too creepy in the winter when it's all brown and open.
There was a little spig of green among the dry leaves.  I think this fern is a little ahead of schedule.
We took the path back to the house and after lunch I was able to get my car washed and I cleaned the inside too.  That's a good workout! Annabelle loves to be outdoors and enjoys her daily walks.  Jack noticed she was limping last night and then she was limping this afternoon.  I soaked her feet tonight incase there was salt in her paws or maybe it's the longer walks we've been taking.  I think some rest for her is a good idea.  She sees the Vet on Monday and she'll get checked out then.  She's just a delicate flower!  To close this post I had a funny idea hit my brain today.  When I was a kiddo, all of 11 years old, the Beatles were the big thing.  Oh how I loved them!  I had all their records and posters and even got to see them in person.  Highlight of my youth! I also had every teen magazine they were featured in.  I had stacks of them!  Well, you know what they say about "what goes around, comes around"?  I got another magazine yesterday that had one of the Beatles on the front.  Unfortunately, it was AARP..
Oh Ringo, you weren't my fav back then.  Paul had my love but a funny thing happened on the way to adulthood.  You and I grew up and older...you are 80 my friend and look really good.  I'm 70 and what's amazing to me is I married a young man 50 years ago this year who happens to have the same last name as you!  Yep, I'm finally related to a Beatle...Richard Starkey...Peace out Ringo and rock on!


5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya. I also appreciate more light and sunshine as we inch ever closer to spring. It's always nice to see what you are up to. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Prims By The Water said...

George was my fav Beatle. To funny though seeing Ringo on the AARP cover. Guess what comes around does go around...or whatever that saying is. LOL Am hoping February lies by, but we do have an extra day with leap year. Hopefully Annabelle is alright and I am hoping we see some sun soon here too. Janice

Julia said...

I appreciate that the daylight is getting longer with every day too. There's no sun today and it's snowing. It looks like summer at your place, with no snow. The groundhog says it's an early spring for us. I hope he's right.

The months went by so fast and I'm sure February will also slide by quickly.

I like the Bettle music but just couldn't understand why the girls went insane over them. All the screaming looked so ridiculous to me. I guess, I just never was much of a follower even back then. lol... Maybe I was too serious.

Take care and well.
Hugs,
Julia

Julia said...

I meant, "and stay well".
Julia

joeh said...

Love the view of your house from the creepy woods. Ringo was no ones favorite of the group, and he was very talented. Decent voice, wrote several hits, and though people who know say he was not a great drummer, I have heard the other Beatles claim he knew just when to be "OFF" beat to match the unique Beatle style.