Thursday, December 1, 2022

The Final Month of 2022

   November seemed to fly by in a blur.  I know it was a lovely month even with a few cold, snowy days thrown in.  We did take time to enjoy a few "adventures" as we call them.  Last weekend Jack and I went to a barn sale.  No, they weren't selling barns, just cute stuff.  Jack would have preferred a real barn sale but he's a trouper and helped carry my treasures as we walked around.

You can tell it's a real barn first by the smell...hay and animals...and by seeing through the barn floors to the stalls underneath!  However, they had the upper level all decked out and I did find a few cute items for gifts and just one thing for me...a pillow!  (Jack would say, "Yep, just what we need to go with the other thousand pillows!)

It looks good on the kitchen bench!  (The stitching says: U melt my heart)  It was small business Saturday so after lunch my daughter-in-law, Evelyn, came over and we went shopping downtown.  I found a few more gifts there and yes, something for me that wasn't a pillow! (just a pair of earrings). I was happy to help support our local small businesses and see lots of folks downtown doing the same.  So the end of  November has come and gone and now it's December 1st and I feel like I'm already behind!  I just need to take a deep breath and realize I'm actually in good shape with many gifts already bought and decor outside done and up and inside almost done.  Whew!   Today dawned very cold but the sun  came out  and It was nice to take a walk in the fresh cold air with Annabelle.  First we stopped at the city street department to order more firewood.  Jack pointed out a totally black woolly bear caterpillar and that means a hard winter ahead.  Yes, I do believe in old wives tales!  Then  Annabelle and I made the trek to the cemetery to change out the flowers on my in-laws graves.
After that was done Annabelle was ready for her walk.  Even when busy it's good to take time to enjoy nature and the beauty of a sunny day...even a cold sunny day!  I've been going to physical therapy for a few weeks and I had an appointment this afternoon and also our church Missionaries were coming  for dinner. Thankfully I had made a stew yesterday for tonight and it was ready to put in the crock pot.  I also made some brownies that I served with ice cream and homemade hot fudge sauce.  So it was a busy day but a good one.  I'm ready to hit the hay and get ready for work tomorrow.  We have plans to do the typical Saturday errands but I also want to attend the Christmas parade and take photos of our little Hallmark town all decked out for Christmas. On the mark, get set, let's go December!


5 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Mama used to say that you can never have too many barns. Holidays are a good time to stock up on them. :) Thanks for letting me tag along as you went shopping at a barn sale. Sorry I started whining to go home after 30 seconds. :) Mrs. Shady would agree that you can never have too many pillows. She loves them and so do I. The one you picked is pretty. I agree it looks ideal in its location dressing up the kitchen bench. I am so proud of you and Evelyn and other members of the Ashland community for showing up to support downtown businesses, and glad you found those earrings on the shopping trip.

I wish I could have taken that walk with you and my sweetie Annabelle in the cold clean air. It was nice of you to visit and put fresh flowers at the graves of departed loved ones on Jack's side of the family. I hope your PT is going well and that the cold isn't aggravating your old injuries. You whipped up a bunch of goodies and they have my mouth watering. Mrs. Shady has promised to make us a batch of homemade ice cream and I'm looking forward to it. I wish you well at work today and hope you enjoy the Christmas parade tomorrow. I look forward to seeing those pictures.

I wish you and your whole family a safe, healthy and happy December, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

No moss grows under your feet, Yaya. You are always ready for new adventures. I still only have my Christmas wreath on my door and haven't done any decorating yet. I've been busy running to funerals and family gatherings lately. The Christmas parties are just beginning.

Your new pillow is cute. It will bring cheer to your Kitchen. Around here, Christmas Bazaars and Craft Sales are springing up again after a few years of hiatus. I need to clear up some stuff to start decorating. I should take a cue from you. You sound like a fun gal to be with.
Stay well,
Hugs
Julia

karen said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I'm trying to pick up blogging again, and I was so pleased to see your blog still in action! I felt like I'd come across a long-lost friend. Merry Christmas to you and yours - I so enjoyed your descriptions of your day!

Prims By The Water said...

Stew sounds goof right now as it turned out chilly this afternoon. There is an antique I go to sometimes that is in a real barn which part of it they have their sheep No heat, so they close in the Winter months. Your pillow looks cute! Janice

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I am so glad you and your hubby are enjoying spending time with each other. God bless you both.
God bless my hubby and me too, we do spend our days a little different than I had planned. He came down with Pneumonia begining of October and was treated according. For some reason he was not walking at all. Something was not letting him walk. He has been in a rehab since then. The neurologist had said that the infection confused him and he will OK once he will be treated. He is can barely stand up. The PT and OT has been doing their best. I spend most of my day and helping him with his memory and although he had been diagnosed with Dementia, he remembers a lot.
Life is very strange. I could spend the night with him too but they say that I do need my sleep so I can come back fresh.
I don't have enough words to thank people who are there for him.
Please guys, take care of yourselves. Again God Bless.