Sunday, December 25, 2022

A Very Merry Christmas!

 A very weird thing happened.  I lost this post that I put up last night.  I know a few saw it because of the comments but it isn't on my computer anymore.  Not wanting to rehash this all over I will put the photos back on for my blog book.  I guess all I need to say is we had a wonderful day filled with family and food and fun as usual!  The only ones not able to attend were our Oregon crew and they were in California and had a fun time until trying to get back to Oregon and all flights were cancelled.  They ended up renting a car that they stood in line to get...a  2 1/2hr line!  They made it home safe and sound last night.  Here's the photos and a big wish to everyone for a wonderful holiday season..Merry Christmas!

Our Christmas Eve dinner setting.  We always have breakfast food for this dinner.  Waffles, French toast, eggs, sausage...Yummy!

Making Spirits bright was the order for the day...and it was bright and merry.
Aria and older sis Lexi. That blanket glows in the dark so hopefully that was nice surprise last night!
Mandy in her Christmas leggings!
Step Great Granddaughter, Hazel...we love her and I call her Hazel Nut!
Granddaughter Driana with hubby Jonathan and Theo the sweet doodle!
Cameron and Anthony.  Cam is growing so fast he'll soon be as tall as his older brother...watch out Anthony!
Sibling pic..Cameron, Driana, Summer, and Anthony...love these kiddos!


Another sibling pic...Rae Rae, Lexi, and little sister Aria..we lovingly call her "Munchin"
Megan and Landon the newly weds....Megan is my daughter-in-law Evelyn's daughter.


These are a snap shot of the Saran Wrap game.  Prizes wrapped up into a plastic wrap ball to be undone with oven mitts on.  It's fast and furious and involves rolling doubles with dice.  Lottery tickets are sprinkled throughout and all hope to win big.  Unfortunately, no biggies this year just a few dollar winners but hope goes on for the next time! There are many little prizes in there though that are kind of fun too.  That about wraps up another Christmas at the Pines. The weather was cold but no other issues. We all ate too much and laughed a lot.  Merry Christmas wishes to everyone and blessings for a healthy new year to come.  If  this post shows up again on your feed and you already commented please just scroll on by!  Not sure how my original got lost. Oh well, bye for now!



7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like you had a very nice Christmas. So glad you had so much family with you and had a lot of fun. Have a good week, and a happy 2023, and I will see you again soon!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I stayed up past my bedtime waiting for your Christmas at The Pines recap, but gave up and went nighty night after 11 pm Eastern time. I am happy to find the post this morning and see all the smiling faces at your annual family gathering. It's wonderful to have Jordan back from the coast and celebrating with the rest of your Ohio gang this year.

Your table setting was beautiful and inviting, and everyone who posed for your camera looked terrific. At first glance of Driana and Jonathon, I thought you accidentally posted a picture of power couple Madison & Kevin from the hit TV series This Is Us:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8f5c1ed59b65b4f02191092bc6fa4aae/e2422cc036116946-92/s640x960/4273dc4415e457945d04f11f14f24408e2cee07f.png

I wish I were there to smooch granddog Theo, too, and hope he mixed well with your canine Hostess With The Mostest - Annabelle. Hello to Lexi & Aria! That glow-in-the-dark blanket is a fun gift. (Did you regift to anybody that white elephant shirt you came back with from Chicago? :) Hello to Mandy! Does she know that she resembles Mamie McGinn, the rock star drummer of Dea Matrona (below left)?

https://twitter.com/DeaMatronaBand/status/1332663318079823872/photo/1

Cam & Anthony keep growing and growing. We can no longer call them boys. They are men now. Hello also to Summer, Addy Rae Rae, Megan, Landon, Sam and sweet little Hazel nut. Hazel is a cool name, and I predict that it will serve her well. I never heard of that Saran wrap game. It looks like frustrating fun. I'm sorry the family members in Oregon couldn't make the long trip to Ohio this year, and also sorry they had travel hassles on the West Coast. It's good to know they arrived back home safely on the busy holiday weekend.

Thank you for showing us the fun and happy people at your Pines gathering this year. Have a wonderful week and happy new year to you, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

How lucky you are to have had this big crowd at your Christmas dinner. What fun...
I can imagine how difficult it would be to unwrap the Saran wrap with oven mitts. I have difficulty trying to unwrap things with my fingernails. lol...

I remember years ago, we always celebrated Christmas and New Year's Eve with lots of food and family. Now New Year's eve is very low-key.
Today, I'm setting up a puzzle to work on to relax.

Take care and stay safe and warm.
Hugs,
Julia

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm relieved, dear friend. I didn't know what happened when your post disappeared. I'm relieved that you found it. Much love, Shady.

Prims By The Water said...

So glad most of your crew were able to get in. We were thankful all of my nephews made it in. One from Arizona whose flight was delayed many hours and the other from N Carolina. We had so much fun! What a fun blanket! Janice

Stacy Crawford said...

What a fun night with family. Amazing how fast everyone grows up!

Kay G. said...

Lovely photos of family! Cameron has grown up in front of our eyes. That saran wrap game sounds like fun! Wishing you a happy New year!