Friday, November 25, 2022

So Thankful Bucket

 This week has been a busy one with getting ready for Thanksgiving, working and just doing the usual "stuff"  that goes with this time of year.  We've had some lovely weather this week to put into our "So Thankful" bucket.  Yesterday is was almost 60de and I gave a serious thought to having dinner outside.  You see all the magazines that show beautiful table settings outdoors and I think wouldn't that be fun except it's too cold here for that.  Then we get a day like yesterday with blue skies, warm air, no wind, no bugs!  But alas, I decided it was a bit more work than I wanted to do to get it all set up out there.

So the dining room was the place to be.  We were only having 8 for dinner but my Granddaughter, Lexi,got off work early and was able to join us and my Daughter-in-Law's daughter and son-in-law were able to come by after they were done working.  So we did have a bit more than planned but we had so much food I was thrilled to see their faces!  Our other Grandkids were at their other Grandparents house. We trade having them every other year.  It seems to work out good for everyone although I do miss them! I didn't take any food pics this year. It was the same menu as always....turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and tons of other things and of course desserts.  Another thing to put into the "So Thankful" bucket...food, family and fun!  After dinner the guys decided it was pumpkin shooting time.  I had plenty of  pumpkins leftover from Halloween.
Jack and Phil looking very serious.
The victim.  I didn't take a pic of the after effects but I heard there was a lot of pumpkin goo and seeds  involved.  This pumpkin and about 8 others took the hits and eventually ended up in the creek for the animals to enjoy.  Here's a story that will illustrate what a knuckle head I am.  I texted my neighbor to tell her we would be shooting guns.  That way she can put the alpaca and horse in the barn.  She texted back and said her husband loves when we shoot.  She said he wanted to know what we were shooting.   Now my hubby knew what she meant but  I cheerfully answered...PUMPKINS!  She texted back and said...no, what guns were they using to shoot with adding a cheerful..LOL!  We have laughed over that all day.  I'll never hear the end of using  pumpkin guns!  It was actually a 16g shot gun, 9mm and 45 hand gun, 22 rifle, and 22 hand gun.  Yes it was loud and poor Annabelle hid inside until it was over. Speaking of dogs, my son brought his dog Kip.  Kip and Annabelle get along just fine and Kip is a cutie...a big cutie but cute non the less.  To illustrate here's a pic to show his true size.
He's a cuddle bug!  If he was red we could call him Clifford the big red dog! 
Finally, I got the boys to pose for a photo moment.  Jordan (in the middle) moved back to Ohio from California last month.  He missed a couple of  holidays with us and were glad he transferred back here with his job.  We missed him!  We miss having our son, Craig, being here with his family.  He lives in Oregon and it would be great to have all the boys together.  For now I'll put my boys...the ones that live here and Craig out west, in my "So Thankful" bucket.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


6 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm happy to know that your "So Thankful" bucket was overflowing this Thanksgiving holiday period. The reasons include cooperative weather, food, family and fun. Your dining room looked lovely - attractively set for your scaled-down Thanksgiving celebration at the Pines, and I admire those pretty "Give thanks" plates you brought out. I'm happy to know that Lexi and a couple other relations were able to make it there as a bonus, adding to the festivities.

I'll bet you any money The Yeti scooped up those pumpkin shards, boiled some creek water and enjoyed pumpkin soup in his Creepy Woods den. Yessum, Kip is indeed a gentle giant. I am so happy to know that he and Annabelle get along so well. I hope they both got their share of turkey scraps. It was nice to see Jord again with the other boys. I hope Craig and his family had a nice T-giving out in Portland, and I hope you get to see them face to face soon. I also hope Midge is doing well. I think about her often, along with your dear mother.

I am overjoyed that you were blessed with a happy, crisis-free Thanksgiving this year. It was long overdue. You earned it and deserved it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

It looks like your Thankful bucket was overflowing this year. I love your beautiful table setting. I'm sure the food was to die for. I love turkey and can't wait for Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. It's nice that you had more than expected guests.

I'm not a gun enthusiast but some of my brothers are. I have so many brothers and when they were little they all got cap guns for Christmas and all you could hear all day was pow, pow, pow, and I think I got to not like the noise it makes. Several of my brothers are avid hunters and uses guns. The only thing I shoot is my mouth, lol...

Take care and stay well.
Hugs,
Julia

jack69 said...

Nice to consider thd Thankful....
Love the pictures, ESPECIALLY KIP! Sweet read Glad for the FAMILY time and special people.
BTW thanks for the 'spray' idea I have some just above the door here in the motor home, will definitely put it in my pocket.
Sending the best from Florida
Sherry & jack smiling...

Kay G. said...

Those pumpkins didn't stand a chance!! LOL!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

acorn hollow said...

another wonderful Thanksgiving for your so nice you had your family there. Yes you are right the pumpkins didn't stand a chance. It is deer season here I walk with florescent vest on. When I was growing up Thanksgiving was always an evening meal so the men could go hunting during the day.
We were sunny and nice but not 60s I did get a walk in in the morning, but I had to bundle up.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

thanks for the laugh on the pumpkin shooting. We also had a mighty fine Thanksgiving with the temps in the high 50's.Then the heavy rain came in, but thankful it was not snow. The pups does look huge. your table setting look nice too! Janice