Monday, November 7, 2022

Quiet Time?

Hello November! I always called November my quiet month but looking back I realize it's always been a month that gave more unwelcome adventures than quiet times.  When I was a child of 10 we had a house fire that completely took out the second floor and did much damage to first.  I was babysitting my 3 younger siblings that night while Mom and Dad ran out to run a quick errand.  In about 30min. the fire was roaring. It was an electrical wiring problem in the storage area of the house.  I was able to get all my siblings and myself out safely and I never let them forget that they owe me big time!  That was November 6th, 1963.  The same month and year that President Kennedy was assassinated.  November 25, 1975 our oldest son, Jack, was born....2 months early!   He spent 2 months in a NICU and we found out our insurance didn't cover the baby.  It took us 6 years to pay that bill.  I thought Jackie would have to get a paper route to help out! Ha!  The next year on November 18th, 1976 my Dad passed away.  It was unexpected and shook us all to the core.  In 2020  My hubby, Jack, had quite a time of it in November .  He spent 3 weeks in the hospital and we missed Thanksgiving that year. Thankfully he's good now! (knocking on wood and all fingers and toes crossed!)  So you can see that November has yielded some not so great times but we got through them and I think stronger for the wear and tear...or tears!  You never know what life will send you but I'm always just a little leary when November comes along.  It's a full moon tonight, although our calendar says it's tomorrow.  
I took this shot that didn't come out as bad as some of  my moon shots have.  Hmmm...a full moon and it's November.  Now that's scary!  When I took call for surgery any time it was a full moon it was a scary time!  I do hope this month does become a nice quiet time until the craziness of December and the Christmas season is upon us.  I'm going to just count my blessing every day because even when bad things come along, I know God is with me and has always gotten me through them.  Very grateful every day!  Here's a few pics of our beautiful day we had today.
The trees are mostly leafless and we had quite the winds on Saturday that blew most of the fallen leaves away. I always say that God raked the leaves for me when this happens!
Annabelle was enjoying the warmth of the sun today.  She's all better now and back to her old self!
Even the alpaca felt the need to sunbathe.  I believe this one is pregnant and due this month!
 I can see where all my leaves blew to!  Well, time to hit the hay.  This time change is a killer for me.  For some reason that extra hour of sleep just doesn't justify the dark at 5:30pm!   Fingers crossed everyone for a nice quiet November!


7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, November has traditionally been quite a month for you! My husband had a brain aneurysm and almost died five years ago this November. After 2+ months in four different hospitals he came home and is now completely recovered. It was our family miracle, but like you, I always have a bit of trepidation about the month of November. Yes, let's hope and pray that this November is a quiet one!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

After reading about all those bad things that happened in the past during the month of November, I can understand why you feel uneasy when the month rolls around. Novembers of the past have not been kind to you. On my blog recently, you mentioned that frightening house fire of November, 1963, and how you rounded up your younger siblings and got them outside to safety. A little over two weeks later, the president was assassinated. I wasn't aware that those other tragedies, illnesses, setbacks and periods of high anxiety all fell during the month of November. I agree that the best thing for you to do in November is reflect quietly on those events and give thanks that you summoned the strength and resources to survive.

That's one of the best pictures of a full moon I have ever seen, YaYa! It's professional quality, like looking at a page in a book on astronomy.

I hope the snow and ice storms hold off for at least another month. As your family members down here in Florida probably told you, we are now dealing with a nasty November surprise. A late season hurricane is heading our way. Last I saw, the projected storm track takes it right over my house. The Central Florida county we live in seems to be a magnet for hurricanes. There's a chance I could have my power knocked out again on Thursday, and therefore if you visit my blog that day, leave a comment and find that I am unresponsive, you'll know it is because I am in the dark.

It's wonderful news that dear, sweet Annabelle has been restored to good health! I thought about her every single day since she took ill. Annabelle's recovery is an example of something good, something great, that happened during the month of November. I am also happy to see pictures of the alpaca on the adjacent farm property snoozing in the autumn sun.

Your property looks gorgeous, I don't know how you managed to arrange for God to rake your fallen leaves but, I need to ask... does He do windows? Mrs. Shady has been nagging me, just saying... :)

Thanks for this report on Novembers past and present, dear friend YaYa. I do indeed wish you a quiet, peaceful and delightfully uneventful period as we close out November and head through the holidays. Enjoy the rest of your week!

jack69 said...

WOW with your Novembers.... Love the pictures as always. I love to see an animal soaking up the sun. And YES this time change sure does get to us also. But we will survive......
Sherry & jack enjoying the sun between the clouds today.

Julia said...

Wow, November has had quite some turns and twists for you. No wonder you anticipate November with trepidation. That fire could have been disastrous if it would have happened while the family was sleeping. Thank God for your quick action to save your siblings.

I'm amazed at your photo of the full moon. I still haven't learned how to adjust my camera to take good photos of the moon. Sometimes, the full moon makes people go crazy I think.

For me, November means I get older. It's my birthday month and I'm grateful to still wake up every morning.

I'm so glad that Annabelle is all better. Such a weight off your shoulders. Take care. I'm praying for your country and mine. God help us.
Hugs,
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

I am knocking on wood for you too! Cannot hurt. My cop friend always hated the full moons. He always said the crazy's came out and he always had more calls to go too those nights. Janice

acorn hollow said...

Thinking good thoughts that Nov stays nice a quiet for you. It has been warm and lovely here but that is over and it is cold as it should be.
Cathy

karen said...

You probably don't even remember me, but you used to be a regular reader of my blog "Still Crazy After All These Years." I haven't blogged in the longest time, but randomly looked in on it this evening. And them randomly started going through the blogs of all my old blogging friends. So nice to see that you're still at it, and, most importantly, STILL ALIVE. You never know, after being absent for 4 years... Enjoy the autumn weather - we just had the craziest rain storm here in So California on Tuesday!