Sunday, November 20, 2022

It's Beginning To Look A Lot LIke

 My post title says it's beginning to look a lot like...you know...Christmas!  However, I don't want to rush the season just yet.  I like to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate but Mother Nature has decided to decorate the area like a Christmas card. 

With snow flurries all week was had a little stick to ground on Friday.  This is a shot out the window from work.  Then it was gone.

Saturday just had a little sprinkling of powder on the deck.  The yard was clear.  Last night we had dinner with friends and when we were driving home it was a clear, cold night.  A few minutes after getting home the snow began to fly again.

Out the upstairs window  this morning I could see the ground was covered again. The temps today were only in the 20's.  But again with the sun today most of the snow has disappeared and with warmer temps heading our way this week it should be a green Thanksgiving.  That will make it much safer for travel. We're hosting Thanksgiving again and with a nice day the family will want to be outdoors and perhaps we'll have a pumpkin shoot this year.    To close this post I'll give a shout out to Jack for the beautiful roses he brought me this week.  Fresh flowers always make me smile!
Thanks Babe!


7 comments:

jack69 said...

A Jack can sometimes be sweet. ;-)
Yep it is beginning to look like post card time amongst the Whispering Pines. We are hoping to see NO Snow this winter, but that is yet to be seen of course. Naturally we will not see even a dusting here in Florida, but there is always a POSSIBILITY in NC..
Y'all stay warm and snuggle a little with Jack....
From here
Sherry & jack 51 and rain....

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Yessum, it's that time of year when you need to put up with weeks of seesawing temperatures until winter finally takes hold for good. I was hoping you'd show us a picture of the 8-foot tall snowman you built. :) It's nice to know that it is expected to warm up just in time for your family Thanksgiving gathering at The Pines so that everyone can engage in outdoor activities. You might even need to mow the lawn before the folks start arriving. :)

By now I can tell that you love roses, and the bouquet Jack bought for you is gorgeous. I hope my sugar pie Annabelle is fully recovered by now and can enjoy the party at The Pines. Please make sure she gets some turkey. I wish you and your loved ones a safe and happy holiday. We all have much for which to be thankful. Thank you again for making my birthday extra special with a cheery visit to Shady's Place today. Bless you and have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thos roses are beautiful! I love fresh flowers too. It's still cold here, but no new snow for a while. I hope you have a good week!

Julia said...

Oops, sorry I didn't see this post and skipped right over. Jack sure knows the way to your heart. What beautiful roses. I can imagine The Pines looks like a Christmas card.

We had some snow last week and part of it melted but it turned cold so there's just a little left. I just got back from a trip up to my hometown, in the north of New Brunswick and they had over a foot of snow that fell during the day Sunday. I went up a day early for a family gathering and I'm glad I did. I drove back home today and part of the drive was a snow-packed and slippery road, then slushy roads and the rest of the way was dry. I'm back home safe.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Wonderful roses. I can smell them from here. :-) No snow here, but on the west side of our state folks got over 2 ft. UGH Janice

acorn hollow said...

We still have our snow that fell last week not a lot but still a coating. It was 12 degrees this morning but I got up and out I went for my walk I was dressed for it but I felt so much better when I home. I love fresh flowers and good choice Jack.
Have a wonderful gathering. My daughter invited us up with her and her husband's family who are lovely but just to many people for us so we are home again this year.
Happy Thanksgiving
Cathy

jack69 said...

PS: I just wanted to thank you for the comment on ships log of 'important', giving your insight from experience of health care. It was good... ;-)