Saturday, November 12, 2022

Similar To Last Year

 November in Ohio can be a  mixed bag of goodies...or a can of worms!  I went back in blog time and noticed we have had the first snowfalls around the 12th of November.  This was our day today.  We didn't get any that accumulated but the chilly winds blew and the snow did fly!  I can't complain because we came off this week with gorgeous days that hit the 70's.  That's not usual for here either.  So here's a few pics of the snowy show incase you live someplace warm and sunny without a can of worms!

Snow falling gently on the pumpkins by the pergola.   While the snow fell today Jordan finally got his new truck delivered.
Snow all over the new ride! We've been sharing cars since he moved back to Ohio and I'm as happy as he is to have my car back full-time!  Now he just needs to find a house in the country that he would like and hopefully it will have a garage to house this red cutie.  One thing today I tried to do that is similar to past Novembers is going to a craft show at a near by high school.  When Covid hit it was cancelled and I missed it last year but I decided today that I would get back in tradition and go.  So after Jack and I delivered some food for a funeral luncheon we hit the trail to the craft show.  When we pulled in I was stunned at how crowded the parking lot was.  Holy Cow! Not a spot in sight unless you wanted to walk through a field to get there.  No thanks!  We left and went and did our usual Saturday shopping.  I know Jack was probably doing a happy dance in his head because craft shows aren't on his to do fun list!  So shopping got done, errands got run and we headed home for lunch.  Then we had to complete our assignment of cleaning the Church.  Everyone takes turns doing that and we share it with another couple.  Once home I took Annabelle for a quick walk, made a take and bake pizza for dinner, blogged and now will hit the couch for some R&R and reading my new magazine that came today.  One final pic to end this post:
I stopped by the pergola to see how the roses survived the first snowfall....still beautiful!   They have hung on through the hard stuff but still keep on blooming.  We can learn a lot from nature.  Have a good weekend everyone!


6 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello Yaya. My husband would also NOT be sad if we were going to a craft show and couldn't find a parking space. ;-) It is our ward's month to clean our church house. We alternate months with the other ward that meets there. We volunteered to clean the Jordan River Temple and did that late last night - starting at 10 p.m. when all the patrons were gone. We were home by about 12:30 this morning. Exhausting, but totally worth it! Have a good Sunday. See you again soon.

jack69 said...

WOW at the crowd this time of the year. Nice red truck I am sure that is a great ride. We are hoping not to see snow in NC when we get back that way, but you guys are used to it and take it in stride whether it accumulates or not.

I like the idea of rotating church cleaning.... Good stuff.
We were sunny here today, after all the rain and wind it was nice.
Love from down here.
Hugs to you and your Jack.
Sherry & jack smiling today

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

The subject line of your post scared me, dear friend, because I immediately thought back to trouble filled Novembers in your past. I was hoping I wouldn't find bad news in your update. I am greatly relieved that you are instead reporting on the weather and things you and Jack did today.

Oh, how I wish your nice neighbor lived close to me so that he could come over and plow my driveway! :) Nay nay - it is still summertime here in Florida. We haven't stopped running the air conditioner day and night.

Wow, Jord got himself a beautiful truck! I hope he does indeed find a place with a good size garage to keep it out of the elements. I admire you guys for taking your turn to clean the church.

The last picture showing your lovely roses still fighting to survive as the snowy season gets underway compelled me to submit this beautiful and inspiring poem. I hope you don't mind me sharing it with you and your other readers.

The Last Rose of Summer
Thomas Moore - 1779-1852


‘Tis the last rose of Summer,
Left blooming alone;
All her lovely companions
Are faded and gone;
No flower of her kindred,
No rose-bud is nigh,
To reflect back her blushes
Or give sigh for sigh!

I’ll not leave thee, thou lone one,
To pine on the stem;
Since the lovely are sleeping,
Go sleep thou with them.
Thus kindly I scatter
Thy leaves o’er the bed
Where thy mates of the garden
Lie scentless and dead.

So soon may I follow,
When friendships decay,
And from Love’s shining circle
The gems drop away!
When true hearts lie withered,
And fond ones are flown,
Oh! who would inhabit
This bleak world alone?

Please give my sweetie Annabelle a hug and a bone and enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

Oh no... snnnow. I'm in no rush to see snow but they are announcing a few snow flurries for Saturday and I'm traveling on Saturday without my snow tires. I'm just not in a rush for snow. We've been very lucky here with such nice warm weather but it's been raining this weekend.

People are eager to support the craft people and I hope they do have good sales.

I'm glad you're getting your car back and hope Jordan can find a place close by to suit his needs.
Amazing how tuff your roses are to still be blooming in November.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julia

acorn hollow said...

my husband and I shared my car for 10 weeks while we waited for a part for his truck. I know what you mean it worked but I was so glad to get my car back! Sounds like a busy sat I will not go into the crowds this year I never liked crowds but now with all this respiratory stuff going around no thanks.
I think we are a few days behind you in weather. Yesterday we had driving rain in the morning cleared up and high 60s low 70s I worked we had the store door open all day. I get out at 4 on Sat so I was able to get a walk in before dinner. Snow is in the forecast for Wed. It will never stick our ground is not frozen. I need to get out today and get some greens from the woods for my planter by the door and maybe make some roping.
cathy

Prims By The Water said...

My mom is in charge of her churches crat show and this past weekend was their first one since covid. She had less vendors, but did all right. We are expecting 2 inches of snow tomorrow. UGH but it makes my Christmas lights now feel like Christmas is near. LOL Janice