Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween Final Thoughts

 Happy Halloween everyone! I'm sitting  at my kitchen table looking around at all the Halloween decor and knowing that I'll be putting them all back in their storage boxes tomorrow.  It feels like I'm saying good-bye to good friends that I won't see for another year.  Sounds silly I'm sure to most folks but I always joke that Halloween is  my spirit animal! Yes, I do enjoy this fun holiday.  A time to eat fun foods, dress up in costumes and be silly or scary.  Time to enjoy the kiddos as they dress up and enjoy this time of year with candy, parties, and traditions that will be started in their own families one day...hopefully!   I've said it a million times but we truly have been blessed with a beautiful Fall and October. The leaves changed early and stayed beautiful until this past week when rain and cold did their work.  So I'll say good-bye to October, get ready for November and the rest of the big holidays.  Here's a few last pics until next year. 

This is how the days looked this past weekend. Crystal clear blue skies and just the right amount of frost on the pumpkin.  Good time to have a fire in the pit and roast a few hotdogs.
Jack made a lovely fire.  Smelled like Fall!

Perfect for roasting those dogs! 
Ooopss.....I had to do a redo! 

Thankfully a cup of hot cider made a good way to wash it all down!  Sunday came with some clouds and a walk in the Creepy Woods with Annabelle.  She's doing better but still had a few times of losing her dinner.  She's been good the last 2 days.  She's a trouper! 

We took off for a nice walk and she made sure not to lose me.
A few greenery remains and it makes the red pop.
The yellow pops also. You can see many of the trees are bare and waiting for Winter to arrive.
This leaning tree had me reconsidering the walk under it. We turned back for home and a cozy rest of the weekend.

Today dawned rainy but warm and on the way home I snapped a pic of these beautiful trees that line the drive to the endoscopy unit.  I got out early today and spent the time with Annabelle and a nap and a walk.  I'm off tomorrow and will take the time to get the house back in order. Until next year:

Booooooo!!!!!


6 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Yessum, after weeks of giddy anticipation, decorating inside and out, and your big family party at The Pines, it is indeed sad now that your favorite holiday, Halloween, has suddenly come to an end, and it's time to put your witches and skeletons in mothballs until next year. However, you are an expert at shopping for and finding holiday home accents that are right for every season of the year. The proof is in the pictures you post here on your blog all year 'round. With that in mind, try to fill the void by imagining how you would like the house to look in the coming weeks as you prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm sure you will know which pieces to bring out of storage or which shops to visit where they stock such items. You can fill many happy hours redecorating and taking more pictures for us. Yessum, you had a good autumn this year. No freak ice storms to break branches and ruin the pretty foliage. Every year, I rely on you to show me the beauty of fall up north aka "back home," because I see nothing of the kind down here.

I am somewhat relieved that Annabelle is having more good days than bad lately, but even so, I am still concerned about her and hope she will soon show signs of a complete recovery. I'm sure the walks she takes with you in the Creepy Woods do her good and give her an opportunity to explore (with mommy close by).

I hope you and your family had a safe Halloween night. Thank you for sharing your final thoughts about Halloween 2022, dear friend YaYa. Enjoy your day off, give Annabelle plenty of hugs and love and enjoy the rest of your week!

acorn hollow said...

sound and looks like a nice Halloween. We have been unusually warm for this time of year. Glad to hear your sweet dog is feeling a bit better. A nap sounds wonderful.
cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have a beautiful yard. I would love to have a firepit - hopefully one day. We had one in Arizona, but didn't use it much. You always have such a fun and festive fall and halloween around your place. I hope November is also a good month for you. See you again soon!

jack69 said...

Very good pictures. We enjoy the visit to Whispering Pines, feels sorta like RV parks we were lucky enough to find.
Oh and thanks for the comment, and the reminder of those who were stuck like your mom during the restricted COVID lock down. WE did not have to go thru that with a loved one BUT knew many who were. What a tragedy for those locked in sick, suffering but could not see family. That in itself was sick.
Anyway thanks for having us in. Sending love from down here...
Sherry & jack

Julia said...

Hard to believe Halloween has come and gone already. I know how much you like Halloween and that you love to decorate. Here Halloween went unnoticed as we have no trick or treaters and I didn't bother to decorate but I love those little ghosts in your fireplace. So simple yet so cute.

I love seeing Annabelle exploring the spooky woods with you and it's good that she wants to stay within close distance of you. I'm so thankful for the lovely weather here too. I've slowly been weeding the neglected vegetable garden and getting it ready for next spring.

Oops, that's a hot doggie all right but still good on the inside. lol..
Happy November.
Hugs,
Julia

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Thank you Yaya,

I hope that all is well with every one. Nice pics. Take care of your self..