Thursday, October 13, 2022

Let The Fall Gathering Begin!

 I've been a busy gal these past weeks gearing up for my sister, Midge, and her kids and Grandkiddos coming to celebrate this season.  We housed Midge, my niece Amy and her hubby Eric and their 3 kids. My nephew, Bill, and his wife Laura and 3 of their 5 kids came but stayed at a nearby hotel. My niece, Katie and her two kids, Brooke and Mason also made the journey from Chicago and stayed at the same hotel as her brother Bill. Katie's hubby, Blake, stayed home to take care of the dog and work.  Don't worry about remembering all those names...no test at the end!  Jordan got home and was able to see  family that he hadn't seen in 2 years.  So it was a few days of planning activities and of course food to feed everyone.  On Saturday we had the annual Halloween bash at the Pines and it turned out fun without going overboard with haunted woods and such.  Just didn't have the time and also energy to do it all plus work. I've struggled keeping up with blogs and such and will visit my blog buddies this week to catch up on all the doings of this special month that I love.  Of course there are photos to document the fun time we had!

Friday had the gang checking out the new stores in our cute downtown and spending money that I know the merchants were pleased to see.  That's Midge checking out some goodies. Her big bag already held some cute clothes she found at the Blue Pumpkin clothing store.  My nieces made a dent their inventory as well! 


A few "Angels"?  Sometimes they were and a few times they weren't but all in all it was fun.  First pic is Great nieces, Ella and Lexi...pic 2 is Great nieces Ava and Brooke...3rd pic is Great nephew Mason.
Lexi, Brooke, Mason and Addy having some party food.  Yes, those names sound familiar as I also  have a Lexi and Addy (Rae Rae)!  
Midge brought her dog, Hope. It was Hope's first trip and visit to our house.  She and Annabelle got along fine and she did great.  Hope wasn't too happy to have to leashed but she's not used to 6 acres of land to roam.  She got out once and ran like crazy....right to the street! Yikes! We coaxed her back and all was well but it sure had us panicking! 
My niece, Katie on the left and her sister, Amy on the right...the gals in the middle? Just some witches to add a little magic to the occasion!
My Great niece, Brooke (Katie's daughter) on the left.  My Great niece, Ava (my nephew, Bill's daughter) on the right. Hard to tell them apart sometimes!
Speaking of witches...Ha! That's Evelyn's daughter Sam in front and my Granddaughter, Driana just being silly with my floating witch hats.  Everyone has those, right??  Of course we had tons of food for the party and we also had a birthday to celebrate.  Addy Rae turned 14 last week so I  made her a special cake.
Looks delish!  She loved it!  The best part was when it was cut open candy came falling out! It's a fun cake to make and surprise everyone.  They wanted to know how you get wrapped candy inside. Magic of course!
Happy birthday Rae Rae! We sure love you!  We were really lucky this past weekend with fabulous weather that held out the whole time.  We had outside fun with a fire in the pit and some games with prizes and lots of laughs.
We made a few "mummys" with some Mommies joining in with their kiddos. This is Laura, my nephew's wife and my Great niece Addy.  They won the fastest wrapping.
This team won the neatest wrapping...and the slowest! Ha! Good job Brooke!  When night fell we sat around the wonderful fire and talked and laughed and just enjoyed the time together.
The kids ran and played while the adults had  sat and chat time! 
There was a full moon to light the night and the warmth of the fire to enjoy.  The temps were dropping though and we had to finally head indoors.  I think it was a successful gathering this year.  Believe it or not I have a second post to come with the happenings of the next day....Fall fun to be continued.....


7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya! What a fun family gathering. Great pictures. Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Have a nice weekend. See you again soon!

jack69 said...

WOW what a great family outing, Was it Mason? I might have the name wrong, but he looked like, "I don't want to do this thing with the wings!" I thought, 'that would be me. LOL'. Enjoyed the post and cracked up at the cake!!!! What an idea! Great pictures, lovely family, and yes, especially Mason. Life is good. Love sent from us to y'all... Sherry & jack smiling in NC

Julia said...

What a lovely family gathering and so much fun as I can plainly see. I'm so glad that so many could make it to your celebration. The cake is priceless. I bet you had to cut out a section to put the candy in and plug the top with a piece of cake and hid the surgery scar with frosting. Brilliant.

I think the wrapping of mummies would be a lot of fun. You should write a book on celebrating with family 101.

Take care and don't overdo it.
Hugs,
Julia

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Sorry I too am a little late getting over here to visit you. I've been busy generating content of my own and didn't see your update until now.

Thanks for bringing us highlights of your long awaited, highly anticipated 2022 Halloween party at The Pines. I'm happy to see that picture of sister Midge. She's looking well, and I admire her and other visiting family members for supporting downtown Ashland businesses. Wow, what a gang you had in attendance at your spook fest - nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews, grandkiddos, daddies, mummies :) son Jord, Hope dog... It looks like a splendid time was had by all. I agree that Brooke and Ava look alike. In that picture its hard to tell witch is witch. :) And oh my, your family includes a second Lexi and a second Addy! I'll bet there's only one YaYa. :) Happy birthday to my good friend miss Addy Rae. I wish her all the best as she begins her 15th year. I too would have been frantic if I were there and Hope dog broke loose and ran out onto the road. I'm glad you were able to get her back on the leash before something terrible happened. I love your decorations and pictures of the folks enjoying your large property and gathered around the bonfire. I'm happy to know that you had pleasant weather for this special annual event. That's a beautiful shot of the fire as night fell and the chilly temp drove folks indoors. I'm overjoyed that so many of your family members were able to attend the party. I wish Midge continued wellness.

I am eager to view your next post containing more highlights of this happy occasion. Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

Such fun!!!! I love seeing your family gatherings and how creative you are. Looking forward to the next post.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Can I be part of your family? I sure do miss having bonfire parties with my siblings and all the kids when my dad was alive at my parents home. We loved telling ghost stories and had such great fun like your family pics showed. Loved the cake idea and oh those mummies! Too cute. So glad the pup did not get hit by a car. There is a restaurant we go to called the Raven and they painted two huge raven wings on their building for folks to take pics. Remined me of the angel wings. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Like Janice asked, can I be part of your family?? What a gift to have such a close and loving family...to travel all that distance for a harvest gathering. It must have been fun (but probably a bit hectic as well) having all the overnight guests. I love Addy's cake!! Wickedly wonderful! Our fall came and left quickly it seemed. We didn't get over 40º today and there was a cold rain mixing with that white stuff off and on. I know it happens every October, but it always seems much too early. I wish I could rewind to last week. Looking forward to Part II! ~Robin~