Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Stay The Course

 I know that many feel the last day of August brings the reality that Fall is just a step away.  The last day of August for me always says: Happy Anniversary! 48 years ago we tied the knot and bound ourselves and our families together.  As kiddos arrived and moves happened we stayed the course. As careers continued and all the regular family things happened, we stayed the course.  Troubles came here and there in the form of health, finances, and just plain life happenings.  We stayed the course.  There were times we both felt like taking the high road when frustration and, again, life happenings closed in.  However, we stayed the course.  Marriages fail for many reasons that are personal to those involved. They happened in our kids lives, my sister and brother's life and many friends lives. I have no answers or words of wisdom for a long marriage.  I'm just grateful we have stayed the course and are able to be together now through life's happenings.  Thanks for the journey Jack and for being my pilot, co-pilot, best friend, lover, father to our kids, and partner in all things.  Now on to life and we'll just keep on keeping and staying the course! Happy Anniversary to  us!

Beautiful flowers for me! Thanks Babe!

Gift card for Jack. Last year all he got was a package of Fall Oreos so I had Annabelle help me pick out the perfect card this year. Plus she got a treat from the cashier! Win-Win!
Where have all these youngsters gone? Time goes fast...enjoy the journey and hopefully stay your own course.

9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy 48th anniversary to you and Jack, dear friend! I enjoyed reading your musings about staying the course. With the divorce rate so high nowadays, I can't help wondering if many modern couples are too quick to throw in the towel. Husband and wife go their separate ways and never get to experience, as have you and Jack, the deep down satisfaction of working through problems, enduring tough times and tragedies and surviving them all - together - as a team. You and Jack are role models for us all, and I am so very happy for you.

That floral arrangement is gorgeous! Annabelle picked out a neato card for her pet human Jack. The picture taken on your wedding day takes my breath away. You were a lovely couple, and you still are. May you continue to stay the course and enjoy many more happy anniversaries, dear friend YaYa!

Susan Kane said...

Happy 48th!! We have 50th in December. When we tell people, they are surprised, but I think it was politeness.
It amazes us both that we were just married. Your photo looks great! We dressed like that on our big day. Wow.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happiest of Anniversaries to you and your beloved. May you have many, many, more. What an amazingly beautiful bride you were!!! ~Robin~

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Anniversary! Lovely wedding picture. May you have many more happy years together! :-)

Kathy said...

48 years is a great accomplishment. Congratulations and many more years to the both of you! My anniversary is in September and will be 16 years. It is hard to stay the course. Much easier to just give up and go on your way. But staying the course is so worth it in the end.

acorn hollow said...

Happy Anniversary what a wonderful post! Staying the course. We will be married 47 years this year (later in the fall) and you are right, there were times we looked at each other and wondered how we could keep going through it all.
Cathy

Kay G. said...

Happy Anniversary, a day late but the wishes are sincere! Richard and I married in 1983 so I guess we are also staying the course! What a beautiful wedding photo! Richard and I married at my home and our photos were just made with an old camera. Oh well, the marriage still counts!! LOL!!

Julia said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. I'm glad you stuck it out for all those years.
May you both have many years left to enjoy each other's love for many years together.
Hugs,
Julia

jack69 said...

You said:
I have no answers or words of wisdom for a long marriage. I'm just grateful we have stayed the course and are able to be together now through life's happenings.
Yes, but an example to others is worth a lot of 'spoken' wisdom.
Love Y'all
Jack (another one).