Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Birthday Boy!

 Saturday our Grandson, Cameron, turned 15! How can that be?  He wanted to celebrate here at the Pines with his family and of course we said...."Of course!"  He's a very quiet, nice kiddo who doesn't like being the center of attraction.  That's a problem when you are the center of attraction for at least one day a year! So Happy Birthday Cameron!  You're a great kiddo and we had lots of fun celebrating with everyone!  His Mom and his sisters did the planning and everyone helped with food and then clean up.  It was a hot and humid day but the rain held off until the last car drove down the driveway.  Perfect timing and that's unusual for us.  If you've followed me long enough you know we usually have some kind of weird weather or disaster going on when we plan events here!  Of course I have a few pics to share so here goes:

Our Granddaughter made this cute birthday banner with pics of Cameron through the ages. Nice job Summer!
Granddaughter, Driana, set up games and even had a scavenger hunt for everyone to play.  Cameron won the most money with lottery tickets that a grownup will have to cash in for him.  Like I mentioned it was hot and humid but that didn't keep us indoors all day.  Fun under the big oak tree.
Some sisterly love from Summer!
Annabelle had fun with her "cousins"...We tried a group shot but Kip was the only one willing to sit and pose! This was the best we could capture. 
Cameron loves cheesecake so that was  his birthday cake to load up with 15 candles. 
Presents followed and we all laughed at this shirt his Mom got him. Cam loves his video games and even makes money playing.  So this was a pretty true statement for him!
Our son, Jack is watching the games and I'm sure wondering how his youngest is already 15. I've been blogging since Cam was a baby and I think I have a few pics of him from over the years.
Playing basketball
With Great Grandma and his siblings.
Other birthday parties.
Halloween fun at the Pines
Enjoying the pool.
Finally growing taller and trying to catch up to big brother, Anthony.  Also trying out new hairstyles! So happy birthday Cam-man! We love you! 


4 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy 15 years to grandkiddo Cameron! He was, I think, only age 6 when I started following you, and boy has he grown over the years! I'm happy to know you threw him a party at The Pines surrounded by loving family and that the rain held off until the guests were leaving. Summer hit a homer with that attractive purple banner featuring pictures of Cam through the years. I'm glad to know Driana was there to help organize games and other activities. You captured an excellent moment with a picture of the three dogs. Frisky Kip was facing one direction, Annabelle another and the third pup seemed to be eyeing Annabelle. All that picture posing makes a dog mighty hungry. I hope all three received yummy table scraps. That's a cool gaming shirt, and the birthday boy seems to appreciate it.

Yessum, there he is through the years in that final flurry of pictures. That's the little Cam I remember from the early years of visiting your wonderful family. That last picture of Cam and Anthony reminds me of a record album cover - Meet The Beatles. :)

Once again, happy 15th birthday to Cameron! I hope his 16th year will be a great one. I also hope you are well and in good spirits, YaYa. Thank you for the continued prayers you're sending to me and my grieving family. I'm still wiping tears from my eyes, still trying to come to grips with the loss of my dear cousin. Bless you for being such a wonderful friend. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Julia said...

I think the Pines is the perfect place for birthday celebrations. I remember Cameron as a little boy and can't believe he's already 15. It's so nice that everyone pitched in to prepare the celebration with family. I love the Birthday banners with all the pictures on them. I bet the food was delicious too. I'm glad the weather held up to the end.

You are blessed with a wonderful family.
Hugs,
Julia


TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cameron! It looks to be the perfect way to celebrate 15. And how good it must have made you feel to choose the Pines for the venue. And cheesecake - yummm... One of my very favorites too. I like this kid! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Happy belated birthday to Cammy! Love that t shirt. Laughed as that is how my own grandson is. So glad the weather cooperated this time even though humid. Also loved that pic with your mom. Memories are the BEST! Janice