Monday, December 7, 2020

Deck The Halls

 Jack's been home a solid week now and things are still going good. He sure would love to have his energy levels back but slowly and surely it will happen.  We're getting Christmas under wraps and have the shopping (on line of course!) almost done.  I decorated a little less than I normally do but if you didn't know me and just came to visit you might not think that! But if I showed you all my containers in the storage room you would understand! I know I'll appreciate it when it comes time to take it all down. Less trips up and down the stairs! Here's a glimpse of my decor this year.  Actually, it's pretty similar to years past! 

The tree is ready for the gifts!  We won't be gathering this year so the gifts will probably stay wrapped and separated by family for them to get picked up.  I'm sad we won't do the traditional Christmas day festivities but I think it's better to stay safe and just have a quiet day.  Next year we'll rock it out! (God willing and the creek don't rise!)
My favorite cookie jar. Jack got me this some years ago and also a matching cake stand. However the cake stand broke as things sometimes do over time.  Anyway, I love this and when it's filled with goodies the Grandkiddos do too...not this year though...(insert sad face here)

I picked these up at Bronner's Christmas store last year.  Salt and pepper shakers..or I should say: Snow Flakes and Coal Dust!

This is one of the few Santas I put out this year.  I've had him forever! When my kids were little they called him "Psycho Santa"...the green gloves creeped them out! I had a good laugh back then and now he's just part of my kitchen Santas and this has been kind of a crazy year so he fits right in!
The mantel on the kitchen fireplace has my "Lori Mitchell" figurines that I love and the wreath is another very old decoration I bought at a craft show years ago. I'm guessing it's close to 37 or 38 years old.  It's a classic I guess!
The mantel in the living room has this Nativity set that Mom gave me some years ago. It's all metal and it has the 3 Wise Men too.  I'll certainly be thinking of Mom every time I look at it. 
This sweet Mary and Joseph are another Lori Mitchell design.  There are more pieces to it but that's on my list to purchase one of these days. I just think these are super cute. The painting above is one that's out all year.  Mary kissing the baby Jesus...It's titled: Kissing the face of God.   
I picked this up this year at our local hardware store downtown. I thought it fit in here at Whispering Pines!
A tiny tree in the dining room gives a nice glow.  Anyway, that's about the size of it for now.  I do have some lighted garland in the foyer and even though we didn't put out any outdoor lights this year I have candles in all the front windows that are simple but festive.  Even though it's not the same as past years, we can still celebrate this Christmas season with lights, music, and joy. Have a good week!

10 comments:

jack69 said...

Beautifully decorated, Love it, and the Christmas season. We are so glad jack is doing better, the best of gifts, I would say.
Love from Florida, where it is a little chilly and sorta feel like Christmas.
Sherry and jack

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thank you for this Deck the Halls update, dear friend. I'm happy to learn that Jack's recovery is steady. If he fills his tummy with your home cookin' every day for the rest of the month he is bound to get his energy back.

Thanks for showing me your lovely holiday decorations, the old and the new. I think my favorites are your big tree and the Snow Flakes and Coal Dust salt and pepper shakers. I well remember your trip last year to Bronner's Christmas store. Little did we know at that time what was in coming just around the bend in 2020. You handled all the year's hardships with strength, courage and grace. I have been thinking about your dear mother often. I miss seeing the latest pics of her in your Pines posts. She never seemed to age a day. I will also keep Midge in my prayers and hope that she remains well and in good spirits. I also hope Jordan is getting settled and enjoying his new chapter in SoCal. I can never think of Jord without also remembering old Eddy with his gray snout milling around at family gatherings. When you talk about the good old days, those were some of the best.

We will fall in love with life all over again if we can just lick this virus and resume our family traditions. After living through adversity, normal is simply awesome. Your house will be quieter this year. Please allow the silent glow of the lights to fill you with the spirit, YaYa. Have a wonderful week, dear friend!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful home and decor with us. We do not even have a tree up and doubt I will put one up...I didn't last year either. I can honor the true meaning of Christmas in my heart and be grateful and thankful for the gift God gave us so long ago, but I am just not finding much joy in the "trimmings" of late. I do love your salt and peppers...and I have that tall pot belly Santa with the skinny legs on your mantel too! My SIL gave him to me years and years ago, and I have never seen another until now LOL. And lucky, lucky, you to have a fireplace in your kitchen!! My dream house would have one in the kitchen, the living room, the family room (well, if I were lucky enough to have both a living room and a family room LOL) and my bedroom. Sigh. Continuing to keep Jack in prayer...but glad to hear he is continuing to improve. ~Robin~

betty said...

Love your festive wallpaper on your blog and your header with the snow! All wonderful decorations!! It will be a different Christmas than previous ones but we always have so much to be thankful for and feel blessed by, right?

Glad Jack is continuing to improve!

betty

Julia said...

Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas decorations with us. I think that the Candy Cane Cookie jar is special. I have a Santa Cookie jar that my mother in law gave me over 50 years ago. I think I'll put it up this year and fill it with cookies. I haven't put it out in a few years because it's tucked away in the cupboard on top of the fridge and I keep forgetting about it.

I'm so glad that Jack is doing well. As we age, recovery is a little slower. How fortunate that he's home instead of at the hospital.

I've slowly started to decorate the house and I'm trying to be in the Christmas spirit despite the fact that we won't be together for Christmas. After all, it's Jesus's birthday and our focus has to be on Jesus.

Stay safe and well.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

so glad your husband is progressing and yes it takes so long to get your energy back from something as big as that. I am glad you are taking a good approach to everything like us we are not doing our usual gathering each day seems harder and harder I want to be first in line for the shot but husband has to wait for the ok from his transplant Dr. I love your decorations and so glad you are enjoying them
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Glad hubby is getting better! For not doing a lot of decorating, it sure does look festive! I did not do much either. Only brought three bins down from the attic and my attic is half full of Christmas. LOL Maybe less is better, because I am enjoying what little I did put up too. Janice

Susan Kane said...

Glad to hear that your husband is healing, however slowly. "God willing and the creeks don't rise", that is from my neck of the woods, Illinois.

Your Christmas decor is beautiful! Will you have family over at all to visit?

MunirGhiasuddin said...


Beautiful Holidays decorators.
Thanks for sharing.

So glad that your hubby is getting better. May God bless you him and you and your family.

Please take safe.
Your job is that of the angels,

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
®