Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Welcome A New Season

 I know on New Year's Day most of us were saying our goodbyes to  2019 and hoping for a happy new year that was open for all possibilities.  As Spring approached I was ready to dig in the dirt, plant some flowers and get color back on the landscape.  Before that seasonal change however, we were thrown into a series of events that changed most of our lives.  I think everyone was touched in some way with Covid 19.  As the next season of Summer was approaching we were again hopeful for a changed in the world circumstances.  What did follow was again not what we hoped for.  But we dealt with the world chaos and political nonsense as best we could.  Made Summer as enjoyable as we could.  Today is the first day of Fall.  It arrived at 9:30 this morning here in Ohio and elsewhere.  Maybe you're not fond of cooler temps, or seasonal color on the foliage.  Saying goodbye to Summer might be painful as you close up the pools or come back from vacation or as the kiddos start school in some fashion.  For me, I love this time of year. I enjoy the crisp mornings...like this week so far...brrrr!  The trees are starting to turn lovely shades of orange, yellow, or red.  The pumpkins are everywhere and again we have hope that this will be a good season, better than the past ones this year.  Who knows...I'm just taking each day as it comes and taking deep breaths and trying to get my calm mojo on!  I took a chilly walk in my yard this morning and up into the Creepy Woods.  Here's a few shots of my trip:

We have 2 paths into the woods...path one

Path 2..kind of hard to tell the difference.

Path 2 leads up to Jack's wood splitting site at this time. It changes as he cuts up the wood that will heat the house this Winter. 
Its a pretty and quiet place to be.  Path one is pretty too but we use that area a bit more. We'll be using path one for part of our Halloween party in a few weeks.

If you have the time today, get out and enjoy a walk in the fresh air and enjoy some seasonal scenery.
I did find this little number on the path...now you know why it's called the Creepy Woods! 
Time to follow my footsteps back to the house! Happy Fall!


7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

I envy you at this time of year, dear friend. You actually experience relief from the heat while I continue to swelter. I am happy for you. You deserve something to be thankful for after the difficult year you've had.

Gosh, I would love to visit your Creepy Woods on a brisk fall morning and take Arnie along with me. We'd walk both those paths and search for the den of my buddy the Yeti. I hope that piece of jawbone or whatever it is didn't come from him! I am counting on you to post pictures of your beautiful fall leaves, pumpkins, decorations and all the other seasonal trappings I rarely get to see. I am sure you'll have lots to show us during Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Pines is surely the place to be for family holiday celebrations, and I hope you and your kiddos and grandkiddos remain safe and healthy through the upcoming get togethers.

Thank you welcoming your blog friends to The Pines for the kick-off of autumn 2020, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

It turned cold fast this month and the colors are already lovely but keep getting more colorful each day. We had our first frost yesterday and it looks like it only for the 21st. The rest of the week looks good and we are hoping the hurricane will totally miss us.

Your wood path looks very inviting. Hey, you picked up a free Halloween decoration. I'm sure you have already figured a way to use it in your witches brew, lol... I was stirring a big batch of Green Tomato Chow Chow this morning and my husband pointed out to his friend the mechanic, that I needed a witch's hat. Every time I'm stirring up a big pot he says I need to get a witch's hat.

Happy Autumn.
HUgs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

What a nice area to go for a walk! Reminds me of my walks on my grammas farm. Janice

betty said...

I'm not sure I could go walking alone in those woods :) A bit too creepy for me even in the daytime :) Thanks for sharing your walk with us though! I like the fall here; finally more manageable weather and not as hot. Happy fall!

betty

acorn hollow said...

WE have gotten cold too and have had a frost but back to high 70s to 80s Indian summer.
It has been quite a year that's for sure. I love your creepy woods people around here are paying lots of money to have creepy woods to walk in to get out of the city.

Cathy

CHERI said...

I love, love, love FALL! My favorite season. We have had only a couple cool days so far...back to being hot and humid today. It takes awhile here in south GA for FALL to take root! I love your paths. Much better than the pavement I walk on in our neighborhood! Years ago I went walking in the woods at my husband's hunting club and found basically the same "gory" find that you did! Took it to school and my kiddos thought it was sooo cool! That same day found an empty turtle shell. All sorts of treasures in the woods:)

Danny Scott said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]