Monday, September 7, 2020

Happy Labor Day

 No problem social distancing today.  We have lovely rain this afternoon. We need it since it's been so dry and it's nice to spend a quiet day indoors enjoying the sound of the rain and the cozy feeling inside. It's one of those days to curl up in a comfy chair and read or perhaps take a nap. However, I came up into the computer room to do some cleaning and reorganizing. But then, like a dog who sees a squirrel, I got a bit distracted by the computer. I went into my email and "unsubscribed" to a lot of junk mails.  Why I have to unsubscribe to something I never subscribed to in the first place is a mystery. Oh well.  Then I had to head over and check on my blog buddies. Then I got distracted by my own blog and decided to do a quick entry for today. So I hope you're enjoying the last holiday weekend of Summer.  I took my walk this morning and noticed many folks heading out of town pulling their campers behind before the rains started. We have a state park, Mohican, not far from us and I bet it was full until today. So here's a few pics and then I will really do what I came up here to do....clean! 

I took this from the window in the computer room.  (through the window screen..sorry!) It's really a lot darker outside than this pic shows. Loving the green grass though!
My big bargain from Saturday....the "BOO" pillow.  $5 from Walmart..maybe just a tad early for Halloween?...NAH!
My son and daughter-in-law out in Oregon sent me a retirement gift. The candle holder lights up and there's bats flying around in it! So darn cute. A really nice smelling candle and pretty towels and even a gift for Arnie! Thanks guys! You know me so well!
Arnie loves his toy!
This is part of  my walk I take every morning.  So pretty. It's one of our many city park areas.

There was a group of kids that made this little structure last week. They also had a hammock strung in the trees and a little camp looking area. They were gone by Friday and I'm not sure if they were asked not to be there 
or if they just got tired of the game. Anyway, it was an industrious effort!  That's all I've got...Enjoy this week everyone!

8 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thanks for checking in, dear friend! We had a big storm down here today and areas of our lawn are now covered with puddles. The lawn mowing guys were due to come tomorrow. They will probably need to postpone their work. If they tried to cut the grass as it is now they'd make deep tracks in the soggy soil and probably get stuck.

I love your Halloween decorations. Early September certainly isn't too soon to put them up. Every year at this time I think about your kitty and the frightening expression on his face captured by your camera out on the deck one H-ween. I miss your cat and my old buddy Eddy who seemed to take every holiday in stride. It was nice of your Oregon family members to send you that candle holder filled with bats for your retirement along with a toy for Arnie. Your pooch looks happy with it and I assume his leg continues to mend properly. That's a lovely trail you walk every morning. I admire you for making a daily walk part of your new routine. Looks like those kids were building a teepee.

It makes me happy to know that you can do what you want when you want, even doing nothing at all, simply relaxing and being lazy on a rainy September day in Ohio. Happy Labor Day, dear friend YaYa, and have a wonderful week!

betty said...

Cute retirement gifts! Glad you had a rainy day, could use them here! Pretty place you go walking through!

Betty

Julia said...

In no time Halloween will be here. Your kids sure know you. That's a cute little pillow. I also go to the computer room and spend more time on the computer than I plan. It's easy to spend a lot of time checking up on our friend's blogs. I remember a time when I worked 7 days a week would get over 30 and 40 comments and I did it all mostly at night.lol. I don't know how I did it a while back.


Like you, we had a good downpour, and now the grass is starting to grow again.
I love your walking trail flanked by trees.
Stay well and safe.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Arnie is adorable. Hope you had a fantastic weekend! Janice

acorn hollow said...

Retirement suits you for sure.Love your walk and how fun that the kids were playing outside and not on the computers.
cathy

CHERI said...

Oh I adore that BOO pillow. I bought a cute one from WalMart last year with BOO on it:) It's black and white buffalo check. I haven't seen yours at our local store, and those I have seen are $6 this year:(

Tomy2020 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542